SASS Wire Forum

COWBOY RULE CHANGES

Flat Top Okie

12 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I really like the comprehensive report of voting supplied by SASS.  It shows full disclosure of how TGs voted for thier clubs.

Yep.  Looks like it wasn't a close vote on any of the items.  Maybe closest on the lever wrap change.

This is the first time I remember being shown the voting talley for any TG vote.  Let's clubs see that their TG voted and can see if they represented the club's wishes. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

This is the first time I remember being shown the voting talley for any TG vote.  Let's clubs see that their TG voted and can see if they represented the club's wishes. 

That was one of the things that came out at the Land Run TG meeting.

Glad to see it and in a format that is easy to read.

Good job SASS HQ.

Marshal Stone

• Like 4

Is the report going to be made public? 

There are many of us that have not been made privy to said report. 

Regards,

BS

9 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Regards,

BS

SASS HQ sent out a member bulletin with all the info.

Check your e-mail. I got 3 copies. 1 as a member, 1 as club contact and 1 as TG.

Marshal Stone

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I would be curious to see what members would do with more transparency. There are plenty of votes out there, that I think people would be more upset with, or make action from if they knew how the voting proceeded.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Regards,

BS

TG Votes 2024 - Results.pdf

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Marshal Stone, SASS #53366 said:

SASS HQ sent out a member bulletin with all the info.

Check your e-mail. I got 3 copies. 1 as a member, 1 as club contact and 1 as TG.

Marshal Stone

Thank you. I hadn't been in my email for awhile and there it was. 

Thanks again, 

BS

• Like 1

I’m curious why our TG is not listed. 

32 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Contact your TG and ask why not.

Nobody here can answer that question.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I would contact him or her and find out why they didn’t vote? As Marshall Stone said, I think this is a good thing that came from the Land Run 2023 TG Meeting. Now clubs can question their TG’s if they don’t vote on an issue.

Randy

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Maybe your club needs a new TG?

12 hours ago, Cholla said:

If you’re talking about The Granite Mountain Outlaws, you need to ask Bulldog James. The site lists him as TG. 

• Like 1

Some votes did not register. I submitted 2 votes on 1-7-24 and neither were recorded. HQ could not figure it out. Was told how to make sure my votes were counted in the future.

• Like 1

the email has been received and short of me sorting out what all got changed in the rules ill ask what got changed on lever wraps ? and im going to ask if this new age voting system treated everyone fairly ? i get it that we all are moving to everything internet but not having votes register is just as bad as ballot staffing on the fed level , wonder how many didnt get counted ? 

im only curious from a transparency interest not accusatory nor implying any wrong doing here - just to be clear - im only wondering since there has become an atmosphere of voting interference in other realms ............i suspect none of the new rules will affect me or change my SASS life at all , 

34 minutes ago, watab kid said:

the email has been received and short of me sorting out what all got changed in the rules ill ask what got changed on lever wraps ?

3. Remove the subjective verbiage regarding "blocks" from the lever wrap allowance:

Levers may be wrapped or padded with leather or faux leather. or other natural material.
- Filler “blocks” or other such mechanisms designed to prevent all or drastically limit movement of
the fingers within the lever loop are not allowed.
Leather includes suede, faux leather would include anything that looks like leather.
SHB p.36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

3. Remove the subjective verbiage regarding "blocks" from the lever wrap allowance:

Levers may be wrapped or padded with leather or faux leather. or other natural material.
- Filler “blocks” or other such mechanisms designed to prevent all or drastically limit movement of
the fingers within the lever loop are not allowed.
Leather includes suede, faux leather would include anything that looks like leather.
SHB p.36

thank you , muy leather wraps are still legal then , i thought thats what we might find , it makes running my marlin a lot more comfortable , the sharp edges on its lever are hard on old arthritic hands these days , but i love the rifle and did not want to have to remove the leather wrap , i have no padding on mine 

• Like 1

I notice some pers are TG for multiple clubs.

Next round of votes PWB I expect to see some more randomness in your voting, lets see what chaos you can cause voting no for one club and yes for another:P

• Haha 2

Knowing PWB since 1996, I can tell you, whatever he voted was what the club members he voted for, was the results of the votes of the members.

His integrity is above and beyond a shadow of a doubt.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Next round of votes PWB I expect to see some more randomness in your voting, lets see what chaos you can cause voting no for one club and yes for another:P

Actually, one club (polled via email to the club president) came close to a Yes/No tie on two of the items.

Further clarifying discussion swung the majority.

The two at which I was able to present in person were both unanimous across the board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 5:57 PM, Cholla said:

Bulldog  James is listed as the TG on the Granite Mountain Outlaws website, however he is Not listed on the SASS web site as a TG. He did not vote because he did not relive a ballot.

TB

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

And your "hmmmm......" means he did or did not vote the way the bunch of clubs he represented voted?  

Please...read as much or as little as you want into my comment.

Afterall...it is the Wire.

Phantom

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:37 AM, Major Crimes said:

Well if that's how a particular club wants you to vote, then it could be that a TG of two or more clubs, the votes could be different. No big deal or chaos as you put it about it.?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Well if that's how a particular club wants you to vote, then it could be that a TG of two or more clubs, the votes could be different. No big deal or chaos as you put it about it.?

I thought the sticky out tongue and the fact I was having a shot at PWB was a fair indication that I was just stirring the pot?

PWB got it.

Sedalia Dave and PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L Haha 2

• Like 3