SASS Wire Forum

What's wrong with this?

Too bad we don't have a 1000 like her roaming every campus of these useless colleges, that hard working, tax paying, American citizens are seeing their tax dollars supporting.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Too bad we don't have a 1000 like her roaming every campus of these useless colleges, that hard working, tax paying, American citizens are seeing their tax dollars supporting.

She is off duty Israeli military, not an armed civilian.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Israeli carry.  Chamber clear, mag loaded.

1 hour ago, Steel-eye Steve SASS #40674 said:

Off duty IDF are required to have their issued rifles with them and yes they are also required to carry empty chamber with a chamber flag.

That might be the way they carry, but the OP asked what was wrong with it. IMHO, that's what's wrong with it. 

I also carry my 1911 Cocked and Locked.

A 1911 in condition 1 is safe to carry in that configuration. Designed as such by Browning.

Stoners weapon with its forward assist might have an ad if dropped and the forward assist is impacted.

Also it is Isreali military doctrine to carry that way. This soldier is following orders as to weapon and method of carry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

That might be the way they carry, but the OP asked what was wrong with it. IMHO, that's what's wrong with it. 

I also carry my 1911 Cocked and Locked.

You have that option, she does not.

• Like 2

In my opinion, what is wrong is that whole "bolt locked back, chamber flag" thing.

Last time I looked, there was a dust cover on Mr Stoner's toy, which served to keep dirt out of the chamber. Locking the bolt back with a chamber flag allows all kinds of dirt and crap free access. And don't they live in a desert?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

She needs to patch those jeans.

They actually make jeans like that, with the torn knees and other parts of the pants. You wouldn't believe the prices of them either. I did some work at an "upscale" clothing store and saw the price tag for jeans exactly like that...$250 to 375. I asked if people really bought them. The reply was that they were one of their best sellers.

I'd rather see a girl (good looking one too) carrying a chamber flagged AR w/loaded magazine that knows how to use it than an unarmed victim such as those back in October.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

They actually make jeans like that, with the torn knees and other parts of the pants. You wouldn't believe the prices of them either. I did some work at an "upscale" clothing store and saw the price tag for jeans exactly like that...$250 to 375. I asked if people really bought them. The reply was that they were one of their best sellers.

I'd rather see a girl (good looking one too) carrying a chamber flagged AR w/loaded magazine that knows how to use it than an unarmed victim such as those back in October.

Yeah, and I don't understand it.  Even as a kid I hated holes in my jeans.  

Back in the 1980s there was a fashion of jeans with a series of parallel rips in the front of the thighs.  One young lady asked me what I was staring at, so I told her that I was fascinated that the 16th century "slashed" look in clothing had made a comeback, and that it had started with Landsknecht mercenaries.  She didn't take it well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

10 hours ago, Steel-eye Steve SASS #40674 said:

She is off duty Israeli military, not an armed civilian.

I fail to see how the second renders the first any less valid.

• Like 2

Empty chamber indicator reduces chance of an AD while she’s looking at her phone, making googly eyes at her boyfriend, or chatting with friends.  

But I guarantee she’s been trained in an immediate action drill to flick out the indicator and close the bolt in fractions of a second.

It’s a good compromise in my opinion.  Others can disagree.

• Like 6

If I were her commander and saw this photo I am pretty sure I would put a boot in her (butt). Walking holding hands staring at a phone…not good form for defense. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

If I were her commander and saw this photo I am pretty sure I would put a boot in her (butt). Walking holding hands staring at a phone…not good form for defense. 

She's off duty from what I can tell.

Someone has dropped their phone.
It's next to the man's boot.

Snip-it_1701869719077.jpg.a96a49e6908bb378bf9bd381757a54eb.jpg

• Like 2

I’ve seen ripped jeans at  my local mall for quite a few years now! It’s been a fashion thing for quite a while. No surprise here!:blink:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Someone has dropped their phone.
It's next to the man's boot.

Snip-it_1701869719077.jpg.a96a49e6908bb378bf9bd381757a54eb.jpg

Good Eye! :D

She just walked past a failed IED…

Maybe…

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

She's off duty from what I can tell.

If your carrying an M-16 or any rifle as part of your off duty activities I would say that you are on duty when you’re off. Or you should at least be more aware. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve seen ripped jeans at  my local mall for quite a few years now! It’s been a fashion thing for quite a while. No surprise here!:blink:

at's so "po' folks" can be classy, too.  :P

We were poor (by some peoples' standards) but Mom would have died of embarrassment if we had looked like that.  Patched and repaired was okay.  That meant you were unable to buy better.  Worn out, full of holes (cut, slashed, torn, or worn through) meant you or your mother were lazy or inept).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Good Eye! :D

She just walked past a failed IED…

Maybe…

If your carrying an M-16 or any rifle as part of your off duty activities I would say that you are on duty when you’re off. Or you should at least be more aware. 

From what everyone says she’s following the IDF rules. I think she could get that rifles into action pretty darn quick, just a guess. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2023 at 3:04 AM, Alpo said:

In my opinion, what is wrong is that whole "bolt locked back, chamber flag" thing.

Last time I looked, there was a dust cover on Mr Stoner's toy, which served to keep dirt out of the chamber. Locking the bolt back with a chamber flag allows all kinds of dirt and crap free access. And don't they live in a desert?

Not really, Israel is mostly grassland  - think golden(i.e. brown grass) hills of California type terrain.