SASS Wire Forum

PLEASE, Not for Christmas again

Widder, SASS #59054

There are nice gifts that are Christmas worthy.   BUT, not for every year, birthday, etc.....

So, what is 'The Gift' that you prefer NOT to get ..... again.

Mine is:   another FLANNEL SHIRT.     I got enough flannel shirts to dress up a Cowboy posse.

..........Widder

Clothes, unless it’s a cool tee shirt that isn’t black. 

As a kid I always got clothes. Rarely a toy or game. 
Now it seems, in the past 10 years, someone buys me polyester cotton flannel pajama bottoms. It’s freakin’ weird. Why do people think those are needed. I flippin’ hate polyester with a passion and pajama bottoms? WTH is up with that?

I think it’s because they’re a cheap no-brainer gift. 
Hell, the damn things don’t even make good rags. 

EDIT: I would like a photo of Otto Communista hanging from the gallows for Christmas. :angry:

I'm with you guys...any article of clothing.  Give me books, restaurant gift cards, ammo, primers, good wishes.  I have enough clothes to last the rest of my life.

Do not give me clothes, snack gift arrangements or gift cards to YOUR favorite restaurant. If I do receive stuff like that, I graciously thank the giver for it and later donate or give it away.

I'm with Pat on polyester. Whoever invented that crap for use as clothing should be wrapped up in it and set out into the Florida sun for 10 hours with no breeze and then set on fire so that the polyester sticks to them like glue. Okay, maybe not that extreme but you get the point.

I prefer to buy my own clothes, but I usually encourage my mom to get me a couple of dark colored T-shirts because I can specify the size and brand and they don’t cost her much.

Otherwise, I’d rather not get clothes either!!

I just want a nice, sincere card from my wife and kids. Let the grandkids get me something so they can feel good when I love it. I've got clothes, knickknacks, cheap knives, wallets, multi tools.....

Just give me a card, please.

Jogging shoes. I am NOT going to use them.

36 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Really not a darn thing I need.  Not the nicest way, but I give the adult kids cash so they can get whatever it is they might want or need. 

Hey Dad, I can send you my address again...I guess you misplaced it last time.:D

I think we should all chip in and get Widder a dozen flannel shirts in the worst possible color and pattern combinations.  And maybe a couple of ties too!

We send cash to our kids to pass out to the grand kids.
Shipping has gotten so ridiculously expense (and time consuming), it is pointless sending something they don't want.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

We send cash to our kids to pass out to the grand kids.
Shipping has gotten so ridiculously expense (and time consuming), it is pointless sending something they don't want.

My ex-sister and I used to get Walmart gift cards for our kids and give them to them in the other's name.

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

There are nice gifts that are Christmas worthy.   BUT, not for every year, birthday, etc.....

So, what is 'The Gift' that you prefer NOT to get ..... again.

Mine is:   another FLANNEL SHIRT.     I got enough flannel shirts to dress up a Cowboy posse.

..........Widder

What Size do you wear :)

Clothes ( They seldom fit or suit my taste, and I need large-tall, not xl shirts, but no one listens).

Gift cards- I’d just assume get cash

Yeti ( and similar) coffee cups/tumblers- please stop it!

Books I'll never read (usually from Ollie's discount store).

5 hours ago, Chantry said:

I think we should all chip in and get Widder a dozen flannel shirts in the worst possible color and pattern combinations.  And maybe a couple of ties too!

And I'll send you a picture of TN Williams....... :lol:

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

And I'll send you a picture of TN Williams....... :lol:

..........Widder

Shrug.  I have vodka

I agree with sending cash to the to the adult kids and grandkids. As my late father-in-law always said " It is always the right color, the right size and is never returned".

With the kids spread all over the country it is easier to mail a check then large box. Then follow up with a phone call or Alexia face to face on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas, Coyote Kid

16 hours ago, Chantry said:

I vote for this one...

ugly flannel.jpg

I went on a phase of making gifts.  Mary's sister had two girls. I took 2"x2"s and plane them and cut them up into blocks of different lengths and angles. Had a 5 gallon bucket full.  The girls got a room full of Fisher Price plastic toys - probably a $1,000 worth.  But they dumped out the bucket of blocks and went to playing with them. Their mother just shook her head. 

We stopped the gift barrage years ago.  Now we make a generous Toys for Tots donation. Those kids really do need some Christmas joy and somebody to care about them. 

To feel like Christmas, we listen to Christmas music, call friends and relatives, have a good meal, and put empty boxes  under the tree for visuals. 

The cats love the boxes after they get unwrapped ----- and before sometimes when they do their own unwrapping. 

Peace on Earth and Joy to the World!

id be happy with flannel shirts , i dont buy a lot of clothes for me anymore - never did - i like flannel shirts and would wear them near every day , sept hottest sumer ill wear t-shirts 

Flannel Shirts for Christmas. 

I don’t know about you all, but unless I buy flannels in Tall sizes after 2 or 3 washings the sleeves shrink. 

Drives me nuts. Not only did I get several flannel shirts that I didn’t pick out, but I also got flannels that have too short of sleeves in short order and No, I am not running around looking like Larry the Cable Guy. “Get’er Done!” :lol:
I give them to Goodwill or another charity. 

Archived