SASS Wire Forum

Clever folks in this Saloon

Rye Miles #13621

I go on several forums and also Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. and I have to say that you folks in this Saloon are the most clever folks posting stuff! The responses to some things are hilarious, Bottles, buy the house a round on me! It has to be Rye Whiskey though!!:P

43 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I have NO IDEA what this thread is about....... but TN Williams will eventually jump in and

make a lie out of something.

;)

..........Widder

As long as it's not about you and fainting goats! :D

3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The OP, is easily entertained :lol:

Yes, but he's also easily swayed to buy a round. So, let's go with that.

Jameson Black Barrel, barkeep.

19 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The OP, is easily entertained :lol:

That’s what my ex wife said!!!

MMMMMM!! BARBECUE!!

And Bulliet Rye will be fine!!

Better fainting goats than feinting goats, or something like that.

And I'll have what he ^ is having.

3 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

I agree. It is probably because unlike other forums, we are tastefully offensive.

I never tried to be tasteful.  I apologize if I was and anyone was offended by it.

3 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

offended people.jpg

into a wood chipper. :angry:

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I have NO IDEA what this thread is about....... but TN Williams will eventually jump in and

make a lie out of something.

;)

..........Widder

Is it a lie if everyone knows yer lying?

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Tina_Louise_1964.JPGI liked Ginger :wub:

She may be the only cast member still living. She calls me quite a bit. Her and Mary Ann used to have big fights about who looked better, me or Widder. When she called me the other day, my wife answered. Got me in a mess of hot water until I told her she had meant to call Widder. That was a close one.

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

But what about Mrs. Howell, huh? 

image.jpeg.6c8dc1e4d645e0e94298975c09c647ce.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

She may be the only cast member still living. She calls me quite a bit. Her and Mary Ann used to have big fights about who looked better, me or Widder. When she called me the other day, my wife answered. Got me in a mess of hot water until I told her she had meant to call Widder. That was a close one.

If you haven't seen a picture of Ginger lately...you may want to get a zoom call going.;)

Wa'l now if you've specified Rye, I'll take ye up on your kindness and thank'ee kindly!

57 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Wa'l now if you've specified Rye, I'll take ye up on your kindness and thank'ee kindly!

Anytime pard!

14 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yeah, but then the goats come to and go back to being goat...offended goats.

13 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

As long as it's not about you and fainting goats! :D

12 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Makes sense, simply Getting someone's Goat!

11 hours ago, DocWard said:

Better fainting goats than feinting goats, or something like that.

During my culinary studies, I had a chef who taught about Mediterranean cuisine (and others but this topic will be limited to the med). In Morocco or Algeria, he hired a local to show how a local Bedouin would cook a goat.

They drove into the desert to an oasis where a goat herder was tending his herd and bought a goat, strapped him to the roof of the car and drove back to the “city”, goat complaining all the way. His guide butchered the goat, dug a pit, and started a fire in the pit heating rocks. When there were hot coals the goat was lain to rest on the coals and buried in sand to finish roasting.

Chef said it was tough.  I thought ‘of course, do you think the herder would sell you a young, virile goat? ‘

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

During my culinary studies, I had a chef who taught about Mediterranean cuisine (and others but this topic will be limited to the med). In Morocco or Algeria, he hired a local to show how a local Bedouin would cook a goat.

They drove into the desert to an oasis where a goat herder was tending his herd and bought a goat, strapped him to the roof of the car and drove back to the “city”, goat complaining all the way. His guide butchered the goat, dug a pit, and started a fire in the pit heating rocks. When there were hot coals the goat was lain to rest on the coals and buried in sand to finish roasting.

Chef said it was tough.  I thought ‘of course, do you think the herder would sell you a young, virile goat? ‘

Hey Marshal...... this ^^^ is basically true.

I was stationed in Morocco in a place called Sidi Yahia.   Strange as it seems, it was on the edge of the

desert, about 40 minute drive from the city of Kenitra.   Strange because I was in the Navy and stationed there

for 16 months.

Goats were a main product in both animal possession and food.   Yes, there were many goat herders.

A trip into town, Kenitra, and you could buy one of their favorite sammiches call.... 'brochet'.

I probably got the spelling wrong but it was pronounced in 'French-arabic' as 'Bro-Chet'.

Admittedly, that brochet was one of the best foods I've eaten.   Most of the vendors cooked

the meat on an open fire on street corners.   I think it was some of the spices they used was

the secret ingredient that made it so tasty.

The meat markets were an open market on the street.  They hung FRESHLY killed goats and goat

heads to sell.  The buyers would know if the meat was fresh or not because freshly killed goats

would drip blood for a few hours and the blood drippings were evident on the street where

you walked.

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I was stationed in Morocco in a place called Sidi Yahia.   Strange as it seems, it was on the edge of the

desert, about 40 minute drive from the city of Kenitra.   Strange because I was in the Navy and stationed there

for 16 months.

16 months in Morocco? I spent a few days in Tangier Morocco. That was enough for me. :lol:

Archived