SASS Wire Forum

Never mind

Utah Bob #35998

I think there are enough threads on the subject. It was not my intent to start another.

096596CC-D69D-474F-8243-5B8C0032EDE0.jpeg

Sometimes, nothing more needs to be said!

2 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

It would appear Putin wasn’t much put off by stern warnings from a Politician Unable to Show Spine, Integrity, or Ethics. 

I see what you did there…

:lol:

Gosh UB, regardless of what you might think about Putin, Ukraine and the rest of the political world,  you should

never want to start "putin'  'dents' in your cabinets,  liquor or otherwise.   :lol:

..........Widder

I will say this: Putin's statement that some of the former Soviet states that are now NATO members were always "Russian", is incorrect.  My greatgrandfather came from Riga, Latvia, in the early 1870's.  I note in two (2) U.S. Census, that his birthplace in one was listed as "Riga, Russia" and in the other as "Riga, Poland"!  Which was "correct"?  It depended on who had overrun Latvia lately. :unsure::wacko:

The Exarch of the Ecumenical Patriarch wrote a message outside the Stavropegion of the Ecumenical Patriarch in Kyiv.

Find below the message:

Brothers and sisters! Today, February 24, 2022, Ukraine received open military aggression on the part of the Russian Federation.

At this time of special trial for our people, we pray for Ukraine, for our pious people, for the Ukrainian army – men and women, who are fighting for the Homeland.

Let us unite, let us respect each other, let us take care of each other, and let us help each other. We do not believe in fake news and we do not panic.

We express our sincere gratitude to His Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew for the prayerful support of our Ukrainian people.

We call on all people of goodwill in the world to pray for the Ukrainian state and the entire international community to condemn the treacherous war against our people and, if possible, to support Ukraine in its resistance against the enemy invasion.

We ask for God’s blessing on the Ukrainian state and its people, especially on the defenders – the Ukrainian army, the doctors, the volunteers. Let us unite, it is impossible to defeat a united nation.

May the Lord help us to defend Ukraine and return to peaceful life soon.

Exarch of the Ecumenical Patriarch in Ukraine, Bishop Mikhail of Komana

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Gosh UB, regardless of what you might think about Putin, Ukraine and the rest of the political world,  you should

never want to start "putin'  'dents' in your cabinets,  liquor or otherwise.   :lol:

..........Widder

I think I subconsciously meant I was gonna put a dent my computer.
It has crossed my mind. :lol:

1 minute ago, watab kid said:

checked , all i got left is jim beam and sweet vermouth - so manhattans it is .....................

Heresy! A true old school Manhattan can be good Rye or Bourbon, sweet vermouth, a dash of Angostura bitters and also has a Maraschino cherry.  They are hard to find except at home or the very best places..  If you order one in a restaurant or bar, you never know what you'll get.

I have some genuine East Tennessee Apple Pie.  (don’t tell the revenuers). Gonna pour me about four fingers and head for bed!

I don’t know if this is our fight or not, but I doubt that Walter has the stomach or the spine for anything more than bluster and empty threats, so I’m just waiting to see what happens next!

G’nite, y’all!!

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'll say it, STAY out of this!!! That's my opinion!

Yep all "81 Million" Biden supports can pack their bags and head to Ukraine to support . I feel nothing  Spent my time I will sit back and not care what happens to the Bidens Energy interest there .  . You have blood on your hands again. Now its Friday Time to head to work to pay Bidens Voters EBT cards . pick up the new guns that came in , spend some time in Garage tonight with a few drinks .    Other than that is all I will say and really dont care what happens there 

23 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I will say this: Putin's statement that some of the former Soviet states that are now NATO members were always "Russian", is incorrect.  My greatgrandfather came from Riga, Latvia, in the early 1870's.  I note in two (2) U.S. Census, that his birthplace in one was listed as "Riga, Russia" and in the other as "Riga, Poland"!  Which was "correct"?  It depended on who had overrun Latvia lately. :unsure::wacko:

Russian Propaganda, same people who claim the Alaska purchase was just a lease... the words of a weak man who understands the use of his limited power against those who are unable to comprehend the realities of the world.

Well this thread morphed into what I should have anticipated, even 5hetevare a vcoipl of other threads on the subject. :unsure:

Via con Dios. 

Speaking of heresy...

Last night's beverage.

Ice

Bulleit, 2 oz. Well, maybe 4.

Fresca.

2 Moonshine soaked cherries.

Quite deeeeelishious.

I only needed one of these. :o

7 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Speaking of heresy...

Last night's beverage.

Ice

Bulleit, 2 oz. Well, maybe 4.

Fresca.

2 Moonshine soaked cherries.

Quite deeeeelishious.

I only needed one of these. :o

Bulleit bourbon or rye?

And I didn’t know they still made Fresca.

Forty Rod loves it. :lol::lol:

Bourbon. Out of rye at the moment.

Archived