SASS Wire Forum

Another Great Cowboy has passed

Turkey Legs #48384

Prayers up for comfort for family and friends  of Mr. Bandit

Bandit was a character and jokester..

He started handing out badges a few years back with

"I shot with the world famous Cowboy Rance"

There are still a few of them floating around..

Prayers up for his family..

Rance and Lacey 

Thinkin I'd be on his posse anytime Turkey Legs..

Prayed up .

sorry for your loss

I would like share a conversation I had with Bandit two weeks ago. First, he said he didn't realize how many friends he had and was greatful for all the phone calls and offers of help from the Cowboy community. Then he said something we should all live by. "After awhile it's more about the people and the shared stories then it is about the competition."

Bandit you will be missed but you will live on in all of our hearts and shared stories. 

Turkey Bob

Hopefully, someone will submit the info so he can be included on the Memorial Page

We therefore commit the earthly remains of 
Shotgun Bandit
to the ground,
In the sure and certain hope of the general Resurrection in the last day,
and the life of the world to come,
through our Lord Jesus Christ;
at whose second coming in glorious majesty
to judge the world, the earth shall give up her dead;
and the corruptible bodies of those who sleep in him
shall be changed, and made like unto his glorious body;
according to the mighty working
whereby he is able to subdue all things unto himself.

Amen

May he not be resting,, but be kicking up gold dust on the Streets of Gold and looking for his place at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.....

He was quite a character,,, a pleasure to be around and to shoot with,,,, sad news for us indeed 

God bless you and yours....Jim

16 hours ago, Rance - SASS # 54090 said:

Bandit was a character and jokester..

He started handing out badges a few years back with

"I shot with the world famous Cowboy Rance"

There are still a few of them floating around..

Prayers up for his family..

Rance and Lacey 

Thinkin I'd be on his posse anytime Turkey Legs..

Rance, I had the honor of receiving one of those badges from Bandit.  He was indeed "a character and jokester."  Prayers up for family and friends, he will be missed.

Shotgun Bandit was a longtime member at our club,OPSC, he was a retired TG working with myself to run our monthly match for many years, and my great friend.  He will be missed by many.

One of the things he did for me and our group over the years was to encourage us to get out from our locals and travel to many shoots across the country.  He even was the official planner for the group and many times made your hotel and any reservations.  He's the reason why many of us from chicago area have attended the MN state shoot, Ohio state, guns of august, georgia state and many others.

One shoot that he got me intensely involved in was the Annual Charity shoot to support St. Judes in Monmouth/Milan IL. He got a big group to head there every year. He even many years got together a group of us to donate to support stages or other events there.  This shoot no longer has the big 2 day event, but still run their monthly to support St. Jude, and our local club also does something extra during our April and May monthlies to support St. Jude.

As match direct, to honor our fallen TG and friend, WE ARE OFFICIALLY NAMING OUR APRIL AND MAY MONTHLY CHARITY EFFORTS FROM THIS YEAR FORWARD THE:

SHOTGUN BANDIT CHARITY SHOOT AT OPSC TO SUPPORT ST. JUDES.  So come on down on May 21st this year to support this great cause, and honor this great man.

Archived