SASS Wire Forum

What movie makes you laugh.....

when you don't feel like laughing?

This is a no-brainer for me.

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

Saw it at a theater on Fort Bliss. I had my foot perched on the seat in front of me and when in the movie the black couple went bouncing down the hill stuff going everywhere, when they came to a stop, the wife fussed at her husband, "I've said it before and I'll say it again, I didn't want to move to California", laughing so hard my foot slipped off the seat and I kicked a little boy in the back of the head. The little boy, rubbing his head, turned and glared at me. Just made it all the more funnier. Took me awhile to stop laughing and apologize.

My stomach hurt for two days from laughing so hard at that movie.

"The Great Race," "The Princess Bride," "Stripes," "Blazing Saddles," among others.

This is a no-brainer for me.

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

Saw it at a theater on Fort Bliss. I had my foot perched on the seat in front of me and when in the movie the black couple went bouncing down the hill stuff going everywhere, when they came to a stop, the wife fussed at her husband, "I've said it before and I'll say it again, I didn't want to move to California", laughing so hard my foot slipped off the seat and I kicked a little boy in the back of the head. The little boy, rubbing his head, turned and glared at me. Just made it all the more funnier. Took me awhile to stop laughing and apologize.

My stomach hurt for two days from laughing so hard at that movie.

Bird gun got it nailed , funniest movie ever made

"We're not getting anywhere listening to this old bag"

Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Blazing Saddles.

Young Frankensteeeeeen!

Dr. Strangelove.

Pink Panther (Peter Sellers).

Caddy Shack.

And more..........

Not the whole movie, but the scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian" where the guards are trying not to laugh at Pontius Pilate's lisp.

"He has a wife you know,..."

One that didn't get a lot of attention is "Happy, Texas"; worth a look if you can find it.

Monte Python and the holy grail

She's a Witch, may we burn her?

The first time I saw "What's Up Doc?" with Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal, my wife nearly had to call the paramedics! I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath. Not so funny after seeing it for the 20th time or so.

Ordinarily I don't care that much for Steve Martin, and he's no real substitue for Peter Sellers in a Pink Panther movie, but there is one scene in one of the Steve Martin versions of the Pink Panther where "Inspector Cleuseau is being given a Rorshach test. He's shown an ink blob and replies, "That looks like a French Army officer driving a septic tank!" :lol::lol::lol: I just have a lifesize mental picture of that! Blah-ha-ha-ha!

Something with John Candy.... "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles,"

"What did they say?"

"They said we're going the wrong way."

"How do they know where we're going?"

"Yeah, how do they know?"

"They're probably drunk."

"I don't like your tone."

"And I really don't like being left in the middle of f*** nowhere, with f*** keys to a f*** car that isn't f*** there. and I really don't like having to walk down a f*** highway, and across a f*** runway, to get here so you can smile in my f*** face. I want a f*** car, right f*** now."

or maybe "Uncle Buck."

"Get in your mouse, and get out of here."

One more:

"Why did you blow in my ear?"

Why did you kiss my hand?"

Where is your other hand?"

"Between two pillows."

"THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!"

Okay okay, last one:

"Here is a quarter, to go downtown and pay a rat to gnaw that thing off your face."

Dr. Strangelove

"See here, Major Batguano, if that really IS your name......"

Airplane

"And, don't call me Shirley!!"

National Lampoon's Vacation

"We'll be having so much fun, we'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-dah out of our @$$h0l3s!!!"

National Lampoon' s Vacation

Young Frankenstein

The Replacements is at the top of the list, it works about 99% of the time, even after repeated viewings.

Others include, in no particular order: Red, Red 2, Princess Bride, Paul, Secondhand Lions, Cannonball Run, Gunga Din, The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flynn), Trouble with the Curve and Space Cowboys.

The Jerk

The Hangover movies

Support your local sheriff, Cockeye Cowboys of Calico county should make some ones list so I'll put them on mine

Alias Jessie James, The Paleface and Son of Paleface with Bob Hope, Jane Russel and Roy Rogers haven't been mentioned. I love those three and many of the others mentioned.

"I was peaches, I was cream

I was captain of the team"

and mix me a "horses neck" barkeep

Monte Python and the holy grail

She's a Which, may we burn her?

I'm not dead.

It's only a flesh wound.

What kind of pigeon?

Brave brave Sir Robin.

Zoot has been naughty.

Run away!

What is your quest?