Obituary for 12 Mile Reb

Noah Cash

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

Ralph Edgar Butler Profile Photo
1946Ralph2024

Ralph Edgar Butler

September 11, 1946 — January 21, 2024

Emblem

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of Ralph Edgar Butler, aka 12-Mile REB, on January 20, 2024. Ralph was born in Portland, Oregon on September 11, 1946.  At 17, he enlisted in the Marines and was deployed to Vietnam where he earned a Silver Star, Bronze Star, and Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Clusters amongst multiple other honors.

He accomplished more in his 77 years than most could even dream. He loved conquering the impossible in the mountains, oceans, rivers, and in the skies. He was a Railroad Engineer, airplane pilot, boat captain, rock climber, hunter, World Champion Cowboy action shooter, rocket engineer, fisherman extraordinaire, and an all-around outdoorsman. However, he believed his most important accomplishment was his family and friends which he loved BIG. He was a husband to Patricia Jean for over 55 years, a father of 2, Rebecca Jean and Jennifer Christine, a grandfather of 5, David John Edgar, Christian Butler, Holland Rebekah, Kohlter Jude, Brodyn Pierce, and great-grandfather to Jamison Roan and Bronson Kane. He was our patriarch, our Superman, our hero, our ole’ GOAT.

Ralph lived a beautiful life and anyone who has met and talked to him knows that he truly believed and lived by his motto: SUCCESS IS THE RESIDUE OF DESIGN.  

Instead of flowers please place a donation in his name to the Disabled Veterans Association or Patricia Butler’s GoFundMe to assist her at this time.  https://gofund.me/77c5d229

Arrangements entrusted to Lindquist's Layton Mortuary, 1867 No. Fairfield Rd., Layton, Utah.

To order memorial trees or send flowers to the family in memory of Ralph Edgar Butler, please visit our flower store.

NC

Edited by Noah Cash
OBITURARY ADDED
  • Like 5
  • Sad 20

Prayers heading up for 12 Mile, hopefully everything works out ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big prayers up for Reb.

One (of many) who took me under his wing to teach a beginner this game. Always a class act and someone I will always look up to. 
Heavenly Father watch over this man that he recover completely and hold him and his dear wife in your all encompassing arms as they go through this difficult time. 
Respectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Prayers outgoing from the family!  Blackwater, Schoolmarm, and Hatfield.

• Like 1

Twelve Mile Reb, we've never met. But as a fellow shooter that enjoys this game, my prayers go out to you for a complete and speedy recovery. I pray for strength for you and your family.

• Like 1

Thoughts & prayers Pat heading your way. Wishing you both the very best. God bless you & Reb

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy.

• Like 2

Sending our prayers for strength and healing for Twelve Mile and prayers for his wife and family.

Lead Finger & Darlin Darla

• Like 1

Pat,

Reb's a tough fellow and he'll fight to win.  Just keep him close and pray all our prayers will help him along.

Ol'  #4 and Opal

• Like 2

Get better faster.

If the Dr. give you a line that sounds fishy, time to hunt up another Dr.

A lot of good people count you as another one of the good people & are counting on you to recover.  (way more than the 3 required counters)

Like a lot of other things, right now the number of good people is in short supply; we need your help to keep our numbers up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Prayers up for comfort to Pat, family, and friends.

Edited by Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator
  • Like 1

Praying for Reb. I’ve shot with him many times and he’s always been a pleasure to have on my posse. His enthusiasm for the game is contagious and he’s always pitching in to help. 

Get better soon Reb! 

• Like 2

Very sad news of Reb's passing. Our thoughts and prayers out to Pat & family. May Reb Rest in Peace.

• Like 2

So sorry to read.   May God comfort Pat, all family members, and friends.  

B & S Boots

• Like 1

I crossed paths with Reb many times at major matches in the Southwest.  Even though I'm not from his home state he remembered my alias and always greeted me by name.  I always thought of him as a big man with an even bigger heart.  He shot faster than most men half his age.  He will be remembered.

Edited by Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971
spelling
  • Like 2

A very sad day for all of us who new him and admired him.  Shot with him numerous times in AZ over the years and never thought there was anything that could put him down.  Prayers up for family and friends.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1