SASS Wire Forum

Winged Eyeliner?

Cypress Sun

A few years ago, I visited a friend of mine and met his girlfriend for the first time. She was wearing "winged eyeliner" and I thought it looked ridiculous, but I never said anything to him or her.

For those who've never seen it, it looks like someone trying give themselves an Asian or Egyptian look of some kind. 

I keep seeing women wearing eyeliner in this fashion and saw a woman on a TV commercial of about age 70 wearing a heavy version of it and thought to myself "That looks hideous". I decided to look it up to see if this was a new trend and whom it was fashioned after. Turns out that it's been around for a while. Audrey Hepburn wore a version of it and so did Elizabeth Taylor, although Taylor was playing Cleopatra.

Has it become popular in your area and do you think that it enhances women's appearance?

I don't, but that's maybe just me as I don't like a woman with moderate or heavy makeup.

What do you all think?

If this is what you mean I see it on occasion. I first noticed it on a beautiful Arabic girl in California. I have seen it on a few girls since moving to WV. 
Tastefully done, it looks nice. One girl I saw recently looked like a drag queen. She was beyond dolled up. Her winged eyeliner looked like it was coming in for a landing in some very rough tarmac, if you get my drift. 

image.jpeg.db6ccb20de28ed713cef7c0741b1c369.jpeg

Yes, I see it more and more and am not a fan. Just looks stoopid.

I've seen this a decent amount.

You HAVE to have the right face shape for it.

Don't know quite what shape that is but I've seen some that look really good with it and some that looked like they sneezed twice putting on eyeliner.

Also has to be flawlessly applied "professional look"

Yes.  It looks nice if you are in a place where aggressive makeup is appropriate for the occasion.  It isn't something I'd want to see at work or at the store shopping for groceries.  Perhaps the people you saw it over did it.

Right place. Right face. Right time.  Looks great!!

It’s just like everything else! You’ve gotta choose your spot and your opportunity.

Looks good on a woman that would look good anyway....

Good makeup is unnoticeable, camouflage.

Teets on a bore hog, lipstick on a pig...

OT but Scoutmaster used to say 'beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes the whole way to the bone.

So, Larson - do we expect you to display that at your next match?

39 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

She seems to hate men, or at least Barbie does in the movie.

Well, she's been married to the same guy since 2016.

And:

"Robbie moved from Melbourne to Williamsburg, Brooklyn in the early 2010s.[109] During that period, she became an avid ice hockey fan, supporting the New York Rangers, and playing right wing in an amateur ice hockey league.[110][111]"

Hockey fan and player, so can't be all bad .

When I was a kid (mid 60's) I wore cat-eye liner.  Not so extreme as today.  It was remembered at my recent high school reunion.  Today, can't be bothered & it would totally look stupid.

Probably OK at a drag show but for most everyone else, no.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:18 AM, Yul Lose said:

Yes, I see it more and more and am not a fan. Just looks stoopid.

Botox is what really looks stupid to my eye.
Immediately following is the artificial huge butts.

Archived