Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought we fought a revolution so we wouldn't have to hear about all this royalty crap.

Happily I have no idea what you all are talking about...especially since that dipstick Oprah was mentioned. 

Posted Images

What Redleg Reilly said!!

 

 I turned that crap off the other night!!! 

 

Let ‘em eat their young if they want to!!  It would sure save the Brits a bundle if that bunch was left on their own!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boo hoo Meghan!! Gimme a break! What a whiner. Wash waah waah 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Royalty. Life's ultimate participation trophy.

 

British royal duties consisting of showing up, glad-handing, and eating some high-end rubber chicken, what -- once a week or so?

Yea she had it so bad!:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But on a serious note, I do have a large dose of sympathy for Harry. Not Meghan. Just him. 
 

He was conceived to be “the spare” and serve the monarchy.  The monarchy’s apparatus raised him since birth while is father figure was a cold stodgy asshole, his mother jet-setted with billionaires, all under the scrutiny of British tabloids. 
 

His mom died when he was 12 under the tabloid’s glare. 
 

Every college-age mistake was broadcast to the world. 

 

He served his country with honor in Afghanistan, which seems to have been forgotten. 
 

And his life and family are turning into train wrecks. 
 

Harry is still a human, born to a life that none of us can fathom. But when I watched the interview I couldn’t help but see a guy who’d be much happier being a dude instead of a prince. 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand people not being interested in the comings and the goings and the goings on of the British royal family.

 

What I cannot understand is people opening a thread that is titled THE QUEEN..., and then complaining because it is about the British royal family.

 

If you had absolutely no interest in what was going on within the British royal family, why in the hell did you open the thread?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I can understand people not being interested in the comings and the goings and the goings on of the British royal family.

 

What I cannot understand is people opening a thread that is titled THE QUEEN..., and then complaining because it is about the British royal family.

 

If you had absolutely no interest in what was going on within the British royal family, why in the hell did you open the thread?

It’s “The Saloon”....people open your threads, right? :P:D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

and some people spend the day asking stupid questions 

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There we go Pat. That makes my point.

 

Henry dislikes my threads. Henry thinks everything that I write is idiotic. Yet Henry continues to read what I write, so he can make a nasty comment.

 

Now why, if he dislikes what I write so damn much, does he keep reading it?

 

And why, if people dislike reading about the royals so much, do they open threads about them?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why read about the royals....well after cleaning the stalls in the horse barn, and shoveling out the cow barn, your realize that there is more manure to shovel...soooooo

 

STL Suomi

Edited by St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905
correct spelling
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't give a crap about Britain's pedigree pet people.

Its nice to see, from the photo, that some Brits still have RKBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

?

In the picture the Queen has a gun.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Harry is still a human, born to a life that none of us can fathom. But when I watched the interview I couldn’t help but see a guy who’d be much happier being a dude instead of a prince. 

And there's the conundrum. If that's true, why is he on Oprah? 

 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw Queen I thought someone pissed off their wife....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We spend more time worrying about a bunch of brits who have no bearing on what happens in the US.  They have no more impact on the world than the royalty from lower slobovia.  Their contribution to society is negligible.  Who really cares what happens to them.  Just go live your life and get on with it.  As far as that self entitled twit is concerned, she is getting what she desires.  Attention.  Lots and lots of attention.  If we just stopped fawning over her, she would dry up and shrivel away into obscurity.  The box they are buried in is the same size as yours or mine.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpo said:

There we go Pat. That makes my point.

 

Henry dislikes my threads. Henry thinks everything that I write is idiotic. Yet Henry continues to read what I write, so he can make a nasty comment.

 

Now why, if he dislikes what I write so damn much, does he keep reading it?

 

And why, if people dislike reading about the royals so much, do they open threads about them?

I enjoy (some of) your posts as is evident by the "pet name" I gave you.  Some people haven't learned that some things are better left unsaid/unwritten, at least publicly. 

 

I didn't see the interview; but am reading about it. Seems to be the epitome of "airing dirty laundry." I'm not sure that any good can come from it.

 

I, like Charley, do have sympathy for Harry; but, IMHO, he should not have made public the comment about Archie's skin color. He said it without giving a name, which opens it to speculation and tarnishes everyone he might protect. He should not have told Meghan about it either.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I could completely understand not wanting the life of a member of the royal family in England. Or any hugely popular celebrity for that matter. But she bought into that when she accepted her fairytale princess wedding.  Should have put all this to rest before the wedding.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alpo said:

I can understand people not being interested in the comings and the goings and the goings on of the British royal family.

 

What I cannot understand is people opening a thread that is titled THE QUEEN..., and then complaining because it is about the British royal family.

 

If you had absolutely no interest in what was going on within the British royal family, why in the hell did you open the thread?

 

 

2ee7e28761891c8a2ecdd89937b6c6fe.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I enjoy (some of) your posts as is evident by the "pet name" I gave you.  Some people haven't learned that some things are better left unsaid/unwritten, at least publicly. 

 

I didn't see the interview; but am reading about it. Seems to be the epitome of "airing dirty laundry." I'm not sure that any good can come from it.

 

I, like Charley, do have sympathy for Harry; but, IMHO, he should not have made public the comment about Archie's skin color. He said it without giving a name, which opens it to speculation and tarnishes everyone he might protect. He should not have told Meghan about it either.

 

What does any of this have to do with Don Henley, a tuna fish, David Jansen, Carrol O'Connor and Linda Blair? Absolutely nothing.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

As said in an above thread...some thought they were gonna read about what Dom did to tick miss Shortcake off!!!

A Shortcake themed thread would have her referenced as the "Irish Queen," not just queen.

 

She loves her Emerald Isle ancestry.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

And there's the conundrum. If that's true, why is he on Oprah? 

 

‘Cause he married a narcissistic brat. I give the marriage five years tops before she does a Diana, and that makes me sad for him too. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Diana did a tell all interview several years ago that was broadcast worldwide.  This was during the era that  Charles was  with Camilla.  Diana admitted during the interview that she had an affair with her British Army Major riding instructor.   Both the riding instructor and Harry have red hair.  When this coincidence was being questioned by the media, all went silent.  Some suspect that there may have been a possible royal decree that the media could not question nor print the coincidence.  

There have been no known confirmation, however there have been denials, but a lot of people are going, hmmm.

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Creek Law Dog
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alpo said:

There we go Pat. That makes my point.

 

Henry dislikes my threads. Henry thinks everything that I write is idiotic. Yet Henry continues to read what I write, so he can make a nasty comment.

 

Now why, if he dislikes what I write so damn much, does he keep reading it?

 

And why, if people dislike reading about the royals so much, do they open threads about them?

I read your posts because every once in a while something catches my eye that might be interesting as opposed to calls for attention with questions that you could easily google the answer to 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.