SASS Wire Forum

Chance to be a Billionaire ?

Sedalia Dave

Powerball is predicted to exceed 1 billion dollars before the next drawing.

Too bad you have a better chance of getting struck by lightening.

While being bit by a shark in Arizona...............still gonna buy one though.

Just looked it up online its at 1.3 billion dollars!!....drawings in 3 days/ this wed......I've already planned on buying a island!

I have already been struck by lightening (twice), does that improve my chances of winning?

Blackfoot :huh:

I have already been struck by lightening (twice), does that improve my chances of winning?

Blackfoot :huh:

No but it improves your chances of NEVER getting hit again by lightning! :P

Well, you know, there have been those people who have hit (all numbers) their state lottery multiple times.

Of Course(!) I'm gonna buy a couple tickets. :-)

:-) $$$

When they announced the $1.3B prize, I did some math.

First, you'll be taking the cash option ($868M). Then, you'll be paying 39% income tax on the money. That brings your $1.3B jackpot down to $530M.

If you put it into a relatively conservative investment portfolio, you will generate a 5% return, or $26M a year. You'll be paying 39% income tax on that gain, so your yearly income will be $16M.

Each day of the year, you'd have to spend $44,000 in order to not grow the $530M any larger.

It's a difficult task, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I'd really like to have a pair of Earthwalker boots!

I would hire someone to 'scroll' my computer for me so that I could read everyone post without getting my hands tired..... :lol:

Actually, I would buy:

new truck

house with land

maid to cook and clean house

pallet of SG shells

and give away a lot to children hospitals like St.Judes and Shriners.

..........Widder

Shoot, Newt, you could buy a presidency for that.

Trump is trying

When they announced the $1.3B prize, I did some math.

First, you'll be taking the cash option ($868M). Then, you'll be paying 39% income tax on the money. That brings your $1.3B jackpot down to $530M.

If you put it into a relatively conservative investment portfolio, you will generate a 5% return, or $26M a year. You'll be paying 39% income tax on that gain, so your yearly income will be $16M.

Each day of the year, you'd have to spend $44,000 in order to not grow the $530M any larger.

It's a difficult task, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Now that's a task I could get behind

Even if I won, I'd have to find something to give me purpose. Simply existing off $1.3B would get old. No doubt it'd be fun for a while, but then what would come next...

Trying to spend $44,000 a day doesn't seem like it would get old very quickly.

I would hire someone to 'scroll' my computer for me so that I could read everyone post without getting my hands tired..... :lol:

Actually, I would buy:

new truck

house with land

maid to cook and clean house

pallet of SG shells

and give away a lot to children hospitals like St.Judes and Shriners.

..........Widder

Widder....you could get another pallet for your current shot shell sponsor....he's been awful good to ya.....getting you those 2 8lb powder jugs full of shotgun shells for each speed shotgun side match you shoot :lol::lol::D

Kajun

I just realized what I would do if I won. I would buy SASS. The first thing I would do once SASS was mine is upgrade all current members to life members and all non current members to annual members to try to bring them back. The next thing I would do is outlaw 97's just because I can haha.

I just realized what I would do if I won. I would buy SASS. The first thing I would do once SASS was mine is upgrade all current members to life members and all non current members to annual members to try to bring them back. The next thing I would do is outlaw 97's just because I can haha.

While you are at it, rewrite the rule books to your personal satisfaction. Then you could abolish all fees that are collected by clubs that go back to SASS. Then make the Chronicle a glossy paper copy every month. Then make EOT an Oh WoW match... free, of course. lastly, Give all the gals at Founders Ranch a 100% raise in salary.

Oh the second day of ownership.... you could........fill in the blanks.

While you are at it, rewrite the rule books to your personal satisfaction. Then you could abolish all fees that are collected by clubs that go back to SASS. Then make the Chronicle a glossy paper copy every month. Then make EOT an Oh WoW match... free, of course. lastly, Give all the gals at Founders Ranch a 100% raise in salary.

Oh the second day of ownership.... you could........fill in the blanks.

There's some more good ideas, especially the raise part. Hey I am pretty sure a billion dollars will keep SASS going for a bit, and certainly make it a non-profit, at least for me the new owner anyway as I start hemorrhaging money haha.

I would definitely buy a large piece of land and have a western town built on it. I'd have shoots there and also live there! Maybe in Arizona or New Mexico. I just bought the winning ticket today so I'll keep ya posted. :P

If you buy one ticket and only have 1 in 298 million

Chance yo win.

Thats better ods then if you dont :-)

Archived