SASS Wire Forum

Chance to be a Billionaire ?

Sedalia Dave

Maybe better odds but financially, you will be ahead by not purchasing lotto ticket.

You will spend two dollars on a cup of coffee and throw away your money with no chance to be a billionaire :-)

There's some more good ideas, especially the raise part. Hey I am pretty sure a billion dollars will keep SASS going for a bit, and certainly make it a non-profit, at least for me the new owner anyway as I start hemorrhaging money haha.

I forgot the most important part of you purchasing SASS. You could be the Chief Editor and write the Editorial each month. LOL

If I won this jackpot, nothing would change.....

My wife already has all the money spent.

She would give our relatives and friends a million dollars each ("Why?" I ask, to no avail)

She would buy houses in the BVI and Europe ("Why buy when you can rent? It's not like the deductions for mortgage interest and real estate taxes will make a dent in the income taxes...)

She wants to travel (And at this point, I'd be inclined to help her go....)

And the list goes on...as hard as it seems, I think she might make it. If we win, you'll probably see us on one of those "Lottery Millionaires Who Lost It All" reality shows.....

I'd just as soon not win, and save myself all of that drama.

LL

Arkansas doesn't have anonymity in lottery winnings. They want to make sure you don't owe taxes or child support. So I would give my family some money, buy a big ole RV and travel the US to shoot. Hopefully by the time I get back everyone will forget about me and I can live my life in peace without being bothered to invest in random people's ideas that show up at my house. We had one winner here and the news crews were at his house the next day showing all of Arkansas where he lived. I wouldn't quit my job but I would take an extended leave of absence.

Once, I told my dad that statistically speaking, your odds of winning the lottery are the same whether you buy a ticket or not. At least the difference in the 2 odds are insignificant. He thought about it for a moment and said, you're right, I better buy 2 tickets.

Archived