SASS Wire Forum

How do you like your bacon?

Mary likes her bacon crispy also. I like my bacon to be flexible. After I fry the bacon and before the eggs, I turn the heat up and fry a sliced up apple. Fry until GBD (golden, brown, delicious). I add a little real butter if the bacon didn't make enough oil to do the job. Turn the heat down and fry eggs. Over easy for me. Mary likes the yokes soft but not runny. It's hard to stop at that point. So I pull my eggs and tell her to finish up her own.

I like bacon any way along as it is off the pig.

talking with the cooks at my local restaurant, I wanted to know how they get their bacon so crispy.

Answer:

Everyday at 2:00pm when the place is sort of slow, the cook will load up the grill and cook bacon.

This bacon is for the next days breakfast run.

In the morning when needed, bacon cooked the day before is brought out of a pan and placed on the grill to warm it up while the rest of your breakfast is cooking.

For flexible bacon for burgers or what ever, they cook the bacon right then on the grill. This way it can be folded without breaking and is chewy.

I asked about hash browns because for years, I tried and could never get them like the restaurant.

Answer:

Potatoes are boiled and peeled the day before they are needed.

They are then shredded and place in pans for the next days cooking.

I tried it this way and sure enough, I get restaurant hash browns.

Just thought I would share.

talking with the cooks at my local restaurant, I wanted to know how they get their bacon so crispy.

Answer:

Everyday at 2:00pm when the place is sort of slow, the cook will load up the grill and cook bacon.

In the morning when needed, bacon cooked the day before is brought out of a pan and placed on the grill to warm it up while the rest of your breakfast is cooking.

For flexible bacon for burgers or what ever, they cook the bacon right then on the grill. This way it can be folded without breaking and is chewy.

I asked about hash browns because for years, I tried and could never get them like the restaurant.

Answer:

Thanks

Answer:

Answer:

Yes, good restaurant cooking is knowing how to make left-overs and use them properly.

Yes, good restaurant cooking is knowing how to make left-overs and use them properly.

Not leftovers, preparation.

To the original point. I prefer crisp. But I like it anywhere from "I think it has browned a little" to "Well, it isn't black."

Thick sliced, smoked, heavily peppered, and from a skillet when I can get it. I don't want it floppy/sloppy or half raw. If it's lean enough, I like it chewy like jerky. If it is really on the fatty side I like it crisp but not burned. :P

If you put that sloppy/floppy half cooked bacon on my sandwich, (any kind of sandwich) I'll ask you nicely to finish cooking it. If I'm paying for it I expect it to be prepared the way I want it. <_<

I usually cook my own bacon at home. B) Yeah! I know!! :o​ I'm hard to please. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on eggs!!! :ph34r::angry:

Not leftovers, preparation.

To the original point. I prefer crisp. But I like it anywhere from "I think it has browned a little" to "Well, it isn't black."

1000!!!

Laz

Howdy,

I like my bacon with lettuce and fresh overripe tomato right outta the garden.

If you have never eaten overripe tomato you should give it a try.

They must be taken gently from the garden, transported carefully, washed

sliced and put on the sandwich right away.

Just about that time of year. One of the things that make it worth living in Illinois.

Best

CR

I find that thick slices of cured bacon, fried in a cast iron skillet, seem to taste better. Over a good hickory fire out in the open is even better. Next to a small trout stream is even better,

AND the coffee pot by.

Answer:

Answer:

Hi Cliffy,

Try these hash browns. They are wonderful. Even Hubby can make them. As they are dehydrated, you only need to cook as much as you can eat at one sitting. He eats 1/2 container with three eggs and fresh bacon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00470NIOO/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

I first bought them at Costco. They were discontinued so I ordered them at Amazon. They should arrive this week. They are also good for PHTF storage.

Regards,

Allie

If you have the time and like to avoid the mess, I found this method works great for crispy bacon.

Lay bacon out on a rack over a half sheet pan lined with foil.

Place in COLD oven

Set oven to 450 degrees, timer to 18 minutes.

Check when beeper goes off. Thickness and ratio of meat to fat will affect times.

For clean up let the grease harden, pull out the foil and discard.

Bacon thick sliced, crispy, next to breakfast, lunch or dinner.

When I make eggs. I'll fry up bacon on one side of a large flat skillet. Once almost cooked I'll fry eggs on the other side using bacon grease. I like my yolks soft and a little runny. I'll have toast on the side with a nice cup of coffee. A little Tabasco or Sriracha sauce, Mmmmmm..... Only thing that makes it better is being in hunting camp.

Archived