SASS Wire Forum

My faith in humanity has been restored a bit.

Well long story short I took off early Friday morning to run some errands in my wifes car. The night before I had set my gun leather on the roof. Dark garage I did not notice it the next morning and took off. Somewhere along the way it fell off. My holster rig along with my shotgun belt which had my Overall National Champion buckle on it. I did not realize it till I was gone till about 9 o'clock that night when getting my gear together to go shooting the next morning. I was just sick. I got in the car and backtracked where I had gone, roughly ten miles around town. Now Grand Rapids being the 2nd. biggest city in MI and the route I drove being highly traveled by cars, joggers and bicycles I did not have much hope in finding it 14 hours later. Getting home and feeling really down I logged onto Craigslist and on a whim checked the lost and found. I jumped out of my chair when at the top of the list it said "Found high quality holster set on road". The finder wanted a detailed description of the item. I emailed him the description as well as a pic of me wearing the rig. He said yup looks like yours. Gave me his address and told me to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I went the next day to his house which was about 3 miles from mine. Nice guy, a hunter and a shooter. He wanted to know all about cowboy action.We talked for 20 minutes. He would not take a dime from me, but did say he would come check it out at my home club and I told him it would be on me and all the ammo he could shoot as well. A happy ending that I didn't not expect at all. The leather is replaceable but I really want to pass that buckle onto my son someday. Just thought you would enjoy the story.

The finder of the leather already has the demeanor of a cowboy shooter....he just needs to realize where he needs to be shooting at.

Glad you got everything back Deuce....that buckle will mean so much to your son.

Kajun

Glad it worked out.

I agree with KK.

Sounds like the kind of shooter we need in SASS.

--Dawg

WOW.. crazy.. glad you got back your rig... nice to see there are some nice folks out there..

Nice to know there are those people still out there.

I would have never thought to check for it the way you did.

Glad you got it back.

AND.

Might have recruited a new shooter.

Great story, it shows us shooters stick together. I hope this guy gets into CAS!

Rye

Glad it worked out and you got your leather back.Let us know if you have a new cowboy shooter convert.

Well long story short I took off early Friday morning to run some errands in my wifes car. The night before I had set my gun leather on the roof....

Well a least you didn't put Little S on the roof with the leather too. :)

Well long story short I took off early Friday morning to run some errands in my wifes car. The night before I had set my gun leather on the roof. Dark garage I did not notice it the next morning and took off. Somewhere along the way it fell off. My holster rig along with my shotgun belt which had my Overall National Champion buckle on it. I did not realize it till I was gone till about 9 o'clock that night when getting my gear together to go shooting the next morning. I was just sick. I got in the car and backtracked where I had gone, roughly ten miles around town. Now Grand Rapids being the 2nd. biggest city in MI and the route I drove being highly traveled by cars, joggers and bicycles I did not have much hope in finding it 14 hours later. Getting home and feeling really down I logged onto Craigslist and on a whim checked the lost and found. I jumped out of my chair when at the top of the list it said "Found high quality holster set on road". The finder wanted a detailed description of the item. I emailed him the description as well as a pic of me wearing the rig. He said yup looks like yours. Gave me his address and told me to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I went the next day to his house which was about 3 miles from mine. Nice guy, a hunter and a shooter. He wanted to know all about cowboy action.We talked for 20 minutes. He would not take a dime from me, but did say he would come check it out at my home club and I told him it would be on me and all the ammo he could shoot as well. A happy ending that I didn't not expect at all. The leather is replaceable but I really want to pass that buckle onto my son someday. Just thought you would enjoy the story.

Good things happen to good people.

That's what I call really going out of your way to become a mentor. Great story and very uplifting. Thanks for sharing. I already feel better.

Good things happen to good people.

You're right!!

And good people make good things happen!!

The cowboy way is alive and well!

Congrats, Deuce!

Frenchy

Great story, and, to paraphrase Rick in Casablanca, "This might just be the start of a beautiful friendship." We could definitely use more of us with his attitude. If you get him "hooked", let me know and I'll help pay for his SASS membership.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Thanks for sharing this great story; I hope you hook this good fellow to be a future CAS Shooter!

Cheers, Hoss C.

Awesome

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Deuce,

My mom always said everything happens for a reason! ( Took me a long time to see that when things play out that many times she was right) ;)

Very happy for you, and glad to here there are still good honest people in this crazy world, good guy for sure.. -_-

Bonus!!! sounds like you may have made a new friend out of the deal, AND maybe you can set the HOOK on a new SASS shooter!! :)

Spades H.. :ph34r: Deuce, don't scare him off with any sub 2 sec. runs right out of the gates... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived