SASS Wire Forum

Let the healing begin!

Shooting Bull

Howdy boys and girls. First and foremost I want to tell you how truly grateful and honored I am by all the kind words and prayers. The overwhelming support really has helped over the last week and will continue to do so in the weeks to come as I start my rehab.

Speaking of rehab, it has officially begun. I'm fresh home from surgery and resting comfortably. Had a neat little surprise for the doc. He knew the patellar tendon was torn but when he opened me up he found the MCL and LCL also torn. Thankfully all have been stitched back together and I'm well on my way to terrorizing the shooting line once again.

See you all again very soon, Philly

Wow, Great? news, glad yur all put back together again. Hope we've all been able to put a smile on your face now and then!

my best advice, don't over do it in therapy!!! pain is no longer your friend! no pain-no gain is now a lie! rebuild the muscles slowly.

good to hear from you,

cpbc

Shucks Philly,

Some fishing line, gray tape and super glue we'd saved ya the trouble of dealing with Obama medical care.

I thought rehab was for quitters, that ain't you Philly. Get well soon.

Glad yer docs were able to do what all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't do....

and that's to put Humpty Dumpty Philly Slim back together again!

Heal well pard.

Grizz

Glad to hear the surgery went well, even though they found more damage than they thought. take your rehab seriously and follow instructions closely. I only had a torn ACL from my "incident", still took some time to get back to trusting it.....Buck :blush:

Howdy,

DOCTOR DOCTOR IT HUITS WHEN I GO LIKE DIS.....

Seems like a lot of my pards are in for repairs.

I had my go round a ways back down the trail.

Take the therapy real careful.

Pain is natures way of telling you that you are doing something wrong.

Increase your efforts very gradually.

And if pards offer to help ya, take em up on it and buy em lunch one day soon.

Be very careful of ice too.

Best

CR

Philly....that's the problem when the mechanic peeks under the hood.....they'll always find more stuff that needs doing :P:D:lol:

Glad you on the other side of it now....do what the sawbones says and you'll be motivating on around just like old times in a little while.

My son was in a motorcycle accident and did major damage to his knee. Recovery is a long road from the surgery he had, sounding similar to yours. Take it easy on it and don't overdo. But don't stop neither. Slow and steady wins this race Pard!

Good luck to ya. It will get better every week.

Slim

I been robbin' people back from the grave for 18 years- rehab can be slow, monotonous, aggravating… just keep at it! Slow and steady … when you feel like you don't need it anymore, keep going! Will help you in the long run… (and welcome back!)

Philly,

Good to hear your home and on the mend. Do what the Docs say. DO NOT Overdo it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If i hear you are then hugs will be withheld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care

Painted Filly

Hi Philly,

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well.

I second any motion to follow the therapist's advice. I've been told tendons take longer to heal than bone or muscle. I'm not writing that to discourage you. Rather, I want you to have patience.

So, be good and follow instructions. :o;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS Say hi to Mongo. ;)

Thanks again for all the great words. Something a lot of you don't know is that I've been down this same road before. Back in my younger days of lifting HEAVY weights I got stupid with a set of squats. Tried to do one too many, my form got sloppy and tore my patellar tendon. That was in the OTHER knee. So now I've got two slicked up and short stroked knees.

That's a legal internal modification, right???

That's a legal internal modification, right???

uttttt-0, ya just added 5 more pages

some may prefere not mods

some only factory mods

others perhaps just fixing problem (mod)

holly smokes batt mann

he is the 200,000 dollar man :o:D:lol:

So Tri Care fix ya???

Yep, Tricare is doing me right once again. Despite the medication problems I've had over the past 24 hours I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience with military medical care. I can't begin to describe how happy I was to see the same surgeon who fixed my shoulder was still here at Nellis AFB.

Archived