SASS Wire Forum

Just walked out my back door

Just ran out side to check and see if you was right. 

27* out there :huh:

Wife Said Rooster what are you doing  ?

Screenshot_20240218_192533_Photos.thumb.jpg.09e30708462103aae23393230191a8e9.jpg

Edited by Rooster Ron Wayne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Been a steady rain both Saturday and Sunday across most of Florida. Still raining now and the sun has set...so it's dark. Rained out the Xfinity and Cup race at Daytona until tomorrow (Mon) at 11am and 4pm (EST) respectfully. Oh well, we need the rain and I didn't have tickets or hotel rooms for the race.

Today was a beautiful sunny breezy day here. It was 25 degree, but it was gorgeous. :D

I smoked chicken wings, pork tenderloin chops and burgers on my porch. Man that breeze was a bit nippy. 
I must say I made the best smoked wings I have ever made today. 

Today was sunny but only in the low 50s. Gonna be awful pretty according to the weather liars this week.

Sun is back and temps are moving up.  Later in the week, mid to upper 30s and into the 40s.  Less than 10 inches of snow this winter and none of any significance expected this month.  Altogether a warmer than average winter and what some folks call a "snow drought".

• Like 1

It's sunny with a light wind, high all the way up to 7!!! Very little ice but great snow for sledding!!!

Lovely!!!

70 degrees - perfect blue sky.

Motorcycle weather; took the Spyder out with Painted Lady and did about a hundred mile ride.

Rode up thru the National Park along Lake Mead and back south to Las Vegas.

Probably waved at a couple hundred bikes.

If its as nice tomorrow - might take another road trip with the top down on the Vette.

3 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Just ran out side to check and see if you was right. 

27* out there :huh:

Wife Said Rooster what are you doing  ?

Screenshot_20240218_192533_Photos.thumb.jpg.09e30708462103aae23393230191a8e9.jpg

Don't goout there.  You're likely to freeze off something you're still using.  :o

• Haha 2

Here, the wind was blowing so hard (again) it knocked over full trash cans out on the street for pickup.
While we were away at Mardi Gras, the wind took out seven sections of my neighbors fence.
Still too muddy to sink new posts, so waiting for dry-out.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

From where?  I ain't in that frozen hell

Well I am! Ya unsympathetic &$^#_@@#%

Big Red and I finished running the snowblower and shoveling the drive, sidewalk beside the house and around the generator.

And it was cold and windy, so a little sympathy ya ornery cuss!!

908ba47207d6c4c858cf89aba62fcba7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Almost 50 here today and the next few days! We’re 2 feet short of normal snow. We’ve only had 15” approximately for the whole winter season so far. Keeping my fingers crossed. If this is global warming I love it!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Well I am! Ya unsympathetic &$^#_@@#%

Big Red and I finished running the snowblower and shoveling the drive, sidewalk beside the house and around the generator.

And it was cold and windy, so a little sympathy ya ornery cuss!!

908ba47207d6c4c858cf89aba62fcba7.gif

I'll tell you what:  WHAT!

Sorry, I've been waiting years to use that.

Why don't you two pack a bag or several and come down here for a visit.  I'll show you around, introduce to folks, get you some good food, and find a decent realtor to get you squared away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last I looked, we got clear up to freezin'.
Give it up for a bad job and worked on indoor projects the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Great Forty!!!!!  Keep posting how wonderful the weather is in our part of the US so we can get more folks from crappy weather areas to move here and drive our housing prices even higher!

It's bad enough we have these leftist, liberal, "Kalifornicators" moving here with their flip flops, t-shirts, and wanting to change our Cowboy way of life.

I always enjoy having breakfast every Thur. morning at Zeke's with you, but, please watch what you post. 

"Maybe, this is a bad weather place to move to" would be better.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Great Forty!!!!!  Keep posting how wonderful the weather is in our part of the US so we can get more folks from crappy weather areas to move here and drive our housing prices even higher!

It's bad enough we have these leftist, liberal, "Kalifornicators" moving here with their flip flops, t-shirts, and wanting to change our Cowboy way of life.

I always enjoy having breakfast every Thur. morning at Zeke's with you, but, please watch what you post. 

Well, if more people like US move here, there won't be room for as many of THEM. Even if some of US are Canadians.

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Like 1

Hey!  I live here in the same city as Forty, and this is a bad weather place.....Really!!!  Every Thursday morning I have breakfast at Zeke's with Forty and Lone Spur Jake and the weather here is the worst you could ever find here in Arizona. Please stay in your own state and let us suffer in misery!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:50 PM, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Jake, I don't invite lefties to do anything except KMA.

Got lots of really good Californians here about the time I came: Wolfie, Jittery Jim and Deja, Injun Rider, a bunch more.  None of them wear flip flops and few wear t-shirts.  NONE want to change our way of life....that I know of.

And if you didn't let good Californians in you wouldn't have ME!  :P

Edited by Forty Rod SASS 3935
  • Like 2

We wanted Prescott as well... but that ship sailed 20 years ago.
The median house price in Prescott is now $573,000.

This means at my age, I would have to start a new mortgage.
The tax rate is a low $4.36 per assessed value, which is less than most other places I've looked into.

Average property tax paid in Prescott is $1,686 which is $600 less than my paid off house in CA.

However,  taxes on the median priced house would jump to $2500.
CA and AZ both have income taxes and sales taxes, so that would be a wash for us.

The biggest problem with moving to Prescott for us is, I have few years left plus the load of a new mortgage.
When I hit end of trail, my bride will be 1600 miles from her daughters, and on her own.

Forty, I said we don't want the leftist, flip flop, Kalifornicators, which unfortunately there has been way to many moving to AZ who are trying to turn us "Blue".

We welcome the conservative, hard working, taxpaying citizens who want to keep AZ "Red".

And if they are gun folks, even better.  "An armed society is a polite society."

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'll tell you what:  WHAT!

Sorry, I've been waiting years to use that.

Why don't you two pack a bag or several and come down here for a visit.  I'll show you around, introduce to folks, get you some good food, and find a decent realtor to get you squared away.

After going out into "IT" this morning, you have no idea how tempting that is. 

Even just for the winter, now that I don't snow mobile or snowshoe any more.

Too many things still tying me here though.

so monday the 26th it was mid 50s here , yesterday the 27th was mid 20s , today the 27th its +3 , later this week its supposed to be low 60s - we shall see , today is the normal feb weather here , 

but the sun is shining so ya got that going for you