SASS Wire Forum

8 bucks a gallon???

42 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The press hasn’t been spouting $10 a gallon for no reason, that’s what the powers that be want it to be . The only way they can get their electric cars to “seem” affordable.

I could definitely go for a mean tweet about now 

I paid $6.29 yesterday.

I've heard talk of trucking industry preparing for $11/gal diesel this summer. Building back better.

3 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see stations doing like restaurants with their upper-end items and just putting, ‘Market Price’ on their signs. 

If you have to ask you simply cannot afford it 

Some financial lady on Fox this morning said she expects gas to be an AVERAGE of $6.00 a gallon by Labor day.

I paid $4.13 yesterday with a discount card from the wholesale store BJ's.

I've taken to riding the Harley to work.  It gets nearly 50 mpg, a significantly better mileage than even my Honda CR-V.  The Chevy 3500 hasn't been out of the driveway but once in the last month.  

And, my credit union announced yesterday that after no rate increases in almost 40 years, my credit card APR will go up 3% in July.  I don't use it much, and will use it even less from now on.  Write that down as bona fide emergencies only.  

8 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Fortunately, we don't drive much anymore, so the impact is lessened.

I think the biggest impact is in the increasing prices of goods and services because of fuel costs 

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I think the biggest impact is in the increasing prices of goods and services because of fuel costs 

True, but we grow a lot of our food, and don't need any durable goods. Many others are not in that position. And unless everyone is brain dead, this November will be a positive step forward.

10 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I've taken to riding the Harley to work.  It gets nearly 50 mpg, a significantly better mileage than even my Honda CR-V.  The Chevy 3500 hasn't been out of the driveway but once in the last month.  

And, my credit union announced yesterday that after no rate increases in almost 40 years, my credit card APR will go up 3% in July.  I don't use it much, and will use it even less from now on.  Write that down as bona fide emergencies only.  

I pay local businesses that I like with cash or check to help them out.  I do use the cc on occasion, my wife more since she rarely carries cash.  I grit my teeth and pay in full each month.  The Credit union interest rates are considerably lower than our primary bank.  We dropped a couple of cards when the banks went "woke" and joined the Credit Union - a good move!

5 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

True, but we grow a lot of our food, and don't need any durable goods. Many others are not in that position. And unless everyone is brain dead, this November will be a positive step forward.

I hope your right 

If the price keeps climbing, gasoline will be as expensive a bottled drinking water.  Last week I saw a convenience store price of $1.79 for a 12 oz bottle.  LOL

35 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I pay local businesses that I like with cash or check to help them out.  I do use the cc on occasion, my wife more since she rarely carries cash.  I grit my teeth and pay in full each month.  The Credit union interest rates are considerably lower than our primary bank.  We dropped a couple of cards when the banks went "woke" and joined the Credit Union - a good move!

I've been a member of the credit union since 1988.  The standard rates are still lower than other banks.  Even the credit card rate is actually lower than competing commercial banks, but as of 7/22/22, it will be 3% higher than today.  

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

The press hasn’t been spouting $10 a gallon for no reason, that’s what the powers that be want it to be . The only way they can get their electric cars to “seem” affordable.

I could definitely go for a mean tweet about now 

4C022718-95ED-497C-ADF0-F7807FAB18FE.jpeg

53 gallons diesel in the pickup yesterday. $6.99 gal. At least we raise our own beef, lamb and pork. Grow most of our produce and raise chickens. I wonder if Brandon has ever done an honest days work in his life. When was the last time he paid for fuel or even actually drove himself somewhere. Out of touch politicians need to go. If you voted for him I hope youre happy. 

What is sad is that the Biden administration is doing this intentionally to advance their green agenda and force people to buy electric cars.  So far they have refused to answer where the electricity is going to come from or address the environmental damage that will be caused by the mega large-scale mining that will be required to dig up the rare earth metals necessary for the batteries.

7 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I hope so too. Sadly there seems to be a brain dead pandemic. That's how we got in this $h!twreck.

JHC

4 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is sad is that the Biden administration is doing this intentionally to advance their green agenda and force people to buy electric cars.  So far they have refused to answer where the electricity is going to come from or address the environmental damage that will be caused by the mega large-scale mining that will be required to dig up the rare earth metals necessary for the batteries.

In 2021, 79% of electricity was generated from fossil fuels, yet some idiots live in denial. The ignorance is stupefying.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The people need to be reminded that they are getting exactly what they voted for.  Elections have consequences and welcome to the consequences.

Sadly I don’t think we got what we voted for. It’s allot harder to fix the midterms than the presidential election 

Archived