SASS Wire Forum

M*A*S*H

Doc Shapiro

Although not my #1 favorite, I agree it is one of the best.   I enjoy watching reruns.

I must admit that I liked Trapper John better than JB.

And I kinda like Sherman better than Henry.

..........Widder

Just can't turn the channel when MASH is on...

:D

Mash was a great show. I never got to see the earlier episodes until they became reruns because my old man watched some other show that came on at the same time and then got on this kick that we shouldn’t have a TV in the home but I eventually got to see the whole series over the years.

I could never pick a favorite character after seeing all the episodes. I will say that the original movie, which I didn’t see until like 84 or 85 was real disappointing after watching the series. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

And the Turkeys from the helicopter was the best Thanksgiving show ever!

Agree 110%

Always wondered how many times some of those scenes from that one episode had to be reshot for the show. 

Look'n at background, and you'll see the actors crack'n up.

I remember watching that episode for the first time-Had to stop eating dinner because I was laughing so hard.  :lol:

OLG

I can't pass by a channel showing MASH. When my wife hears the MASH theme song from the other room, I can practically hear her eyes rolling. I get told to "get out of the past," (but SHE must watch Cary Grant movies on TMC, and those are way older). I learned to keep quiet and take the dog for a long walk when Cary appears. I eat better that way.

Very few new shows I care for, but "Last Man Standing" with Tim Allen was in my top ten.

Oops, I got WKRP distracted. This is a MASH thread...

Didn't know the theme had lyrics, huh?

Funny MASH moments...

Hawkeye at his best...

And the end...

13 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

OLG, I still pull the "some days these will be walls" in my cubicle and all the young ones just look at me like I am nuts...(probably am).

And the Turkeys from the helicopter was the best Thanksgiving show ever!

"I got a monkey on my foot!  A got a monkey on my foot!"

My nomination for the funny films would be "Night Court."  :)

One of many snippets!  :lol:

Loved the movie, never cared for the series.  Alan Alda is just not Hawkeye Pierce IMHO.  "Suicide is Painless" is one of my all time favorite songs.  I used to whistle it at work, one day the boss said, "Can you whistle something a bit less depressing?"

Interesting trivia about the theme song.  Director Robert Altman asked his teen age son to write a song about suicide for the movie.  Son wrote the song, has made many times more money on the rights to the song than Robert made as director of the movie.

MASH was that rare bird; both a great movie and a great TV show. Was watching the movie on the tube one night some years back and said to myself, “Funniest war movie ever!”  Next night Dr Strangelove is on and I think, “OK, maybe MASH is the SECOND funniest ever.”

Seamus

• 2 weeks later...

Mash had many poignant moments that related. Remember Potters toast to old soldiers? It reminded me of the many we lost. Klinger's bringing orphans to the unit and seeing they are afraid of anyone in  uniforms. I remember a time were I also was afraid of any uniform. The show showed what some used, comedy, to stay sane in a war and seeing  what destruction weapons of war does and did to humanity. It was one of the best. Have it on DVD and we watch many times episodes over and over. MT

This episode stands out, for me the most.

You reckon they uglied her up for the first shows, or purtied her up for the later ones?

She was sure a lot better looking after they dumped Frank.

S'pose they stuck in Sally Kellerman to see if we was payin' attention? Or maybe they weren't.

I just watched the one with BJ's anniversery, and how Hawkeye covertly made a tape of his memories of his time with his wife.  Then had his wife send a video to him, and tied it to the recording.  When I was in RVN, most of my squad mates were like me, single and about 19.  Most were single.  Some got married shortly before they shipped over.  A war zone is not a good place to grow up.

Archived