SASS Wire Forum

Hipshot

LASSITER#2080

If he did nothing else he helped start SASS and we all owe him for that but every year before EOT (months before) he is making props, working on the stage fronts, and the thousand other things that need to be done for the match. He carries tools in his truck which we all use to tighten nuts and bolts, saw, drill and whatever else needs to be done. If you've ever lent tools out you know how hard it is to get them back and yet he always has them for us. WE all owe him a big Thank You for everything he has done and continues to do for all of us in SASS. He shows the true meaning of the Cowboy Way.

I have to echo Lassiter's comments. He's been doing it longer than anyone and I cannot thank him enough. So much respect for the man. And his grandson Cole was our Waddie of the year, he worked tirelessly for everyone there.

Thanks for all you do to help make this most marvelous sport/hobby the best ever!

Dakota Skipper and the Dawg

+1000 on all. Hipshot has always had an attentive ear and been at the heart of making things work. Without his guidance we would not have made it this far. Thanks Hipshot, for everything.

Snakebite

Lassiter, you be so right.  Thanks for mentioning Hipshot's awesome service to SASS.  And, I think it extra special, as he is not one who lives near.

I called him once for a favor. Went out his way to help us for a Cowboy Promo. Hipshot is top shelf. Met him at a SASS Convention.......he's a great guy in person, too.

Hip Shot-It must be so exciting to see how your hard work has turned into a remarkable event.  Who knew that shooters from all over the world would attend.  It has been a tool that helps young and old progress through life.  Cowboy Action Shooting and the friends that participate has a special place in my family.  Thank you.

HipShot  has given his all so that we can enjoy SASS. I have talked to him over the years at numerous conventions and he always came across as a down to earth kind of guy. Thanks HipShot for everything you do!!!!!!!

Nawlins

Thank you kindly Hipshot for all you have done for SASS. God Bless, take care and we'll see you always on the trail some where in time.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Thank you Hipshot!!

H waste one here when the first buildings were put up hi. And a former wb member who is no longer with sass as far as I know.  He was there before every match that I helped setup in the early Nm days.  The others show a day or two before the match.  I would suspect him and misty has put in more hours at the ranch than all the other combined.

19 minutes ago, Blackey Cole said:

H waste one here when the first buildings were put up hi. And a former wb member who is no longer with sass as far as I know.  He was there before every match that I helped setup in the early Nm days.  The others show a day or two before the match.  I would suspect him and misty has put in more hours at the ranch than all the other combined.

You're right.  Last summer Hipshot helped put new windows in the Sporting Clays Office when out for a Wild Bunch meeting.  Top notch guy.  If it needs doing, he's there.

Hi Pards,

I sent Hipshot an email about this thread. It warmed his heart.

I don't know if he will post. He's been away from his email since well before EOT and had 1500 emails to read. :o

I just wanted to make sure you knew your kind words were appreciated.

Regards,

Allie

Many, (I mean MANY!) thanks to Hipshot.  The Cantina Stage at Founders Ranch would not have happened without him!!!  A very talented, creative, hard working guy. He's at FR a lot.  Building, remaking, improving...you name it, he does IT!

Always doing so much for all the Cowboy shooters!  I'm grateful that he is there for US!

HT

Archived