SASS Wire Forum

Remake of the Magnificent Seven

Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

Just saw a trailer on YouTube for a remake of one of my favorite movies, The Magnificent Seven.

Looks interesting and happy to see some new westerns but did not appear to follow the same as the original release.

Sony International Films.

I think everyone needs to not pick apart every western that comes out. These have been big budget productions and hopefully it will create interest and enthusiasm for the old west which hopefully will spill over a little into our sport. New members are not beating our doors in to join. Movies like this has to help. Also I think it looks pretty good.

CB

I think everyone needs to not pick apart every western that comes out. These have been big budget productions and hopefully it will create interest and enthusiasm for the old west which hopefully will spill over a little into our sport. New members are not beating our doors in to join. Movies like this has to help. Also I think it looks pretty good.

CB

+1

I rarely go to movies and only at the movie theaters that sell beer and burgers. Helps keep me awake...I will probably go see this but it will never top the original with You Brunner and the King of Cool. Steve McQueen....but alas those guys are gone.

This trailer made my morning....a new western...cool...cool...cool...the original a classic...the first remake umm....it was a western lol....this new one....Looks OK from my campfire....Jim

Sign me up, looks like a fun watch. I already see a bunch of cool hats. Is it Brenner,McQueen,Bronson,Coburn,Vaughn or Wallach? No those guys are unavailable. If Hollywood is gonna make a western I will watch it.

Sign me up, looks like a fun watch. I already see a bunch of cool hats. Is it Brenner,McQueen,Bronson,Coburn,Vaughn or Wallach? No those guys are unavailable. If Hollywood is gonna make a western I will watch it.

+ 10000000000000000 ;)

I'm in too. So many complain all the time that the "younger" generation has no "John Wayne" or Tom Mix etc then when they try to make a go at a good western.................say Jeff Bridges in True Grit everyone gets all razzed.......lol.

Like Deuce said, John Wayne, Tom Mix, Roy Rogers and others can't keep doing all the movies.........for obvious reasons.

I'll probably go see it in the theatre because it's a western, but it looks more like a cartoon western and not a gritty western. (Open Range, Unforgiven, True Grit) It looks like a Hollywood formula movie designed to risk offending the least amount of people and be all inclusive of everyone. Hollywood loves to push modern views into the past.

DD

I don't care who the actors are or if it story is a repeat. I just can't stand the over the top CGI, special effects to the point of being ridiculous, editing to the point of being a strobe light, and music so annoying I'd enjoy a root canal more. Crossfire Trail, Monte Walsh, and others Tom Selleck movies were just fine. Add Kert Russell in Tombstone.

I'll probably go see it in the theatre because it's a western, but it looks more like a cartoon western and not a gritty western. (Open Range, Unforgiven, True Grit) It looks like a Hollywood formula movie designed to risk offending the least amount of people and be all inclusive of everyone. Hollywood loves to push modern views into the past.

DD

Have you seen the original? That one was practically a comedy. It was certainly fun to watch with big names of the day. This new one has big names of our day, looks to have some comedic value, and certainly looks fun. I'm in for sure

CB

But then again, we will always have the Hateful Eight - Oh My.

I will go see it on the big screen, and will go ahead and buy the hi priced popcorn and soda.

Whether or not I buy the DVD will depend not only on what I see, but what I hear. It's gonna be tough to compete with Elmer Bernsteins' soundtrack in the original. Electric guitars and vocals, count me out.

I truly hope it is a good one, both visually and musically.

Archived