SASS Wire Forum

Prayers Appreciated, another back surgery

Dirt Merchant  # 61422

Monday I go into the hospital to have my 5th back surgery since 1999. The are going to fuse L5-S1. L2-4 is already fused. It will be a fairly lengthy deal so prayers for the doctors hands would be appreciated.
Merry Christmass and God Bless to everyone and I look forward to shooting with you all again in the spring.
Dirt

Prayers up for a complete healing and for comfort after your surgery.

Prayers up for ya pard....hoping you get a late Christmas present, a successful surgery and a fast recovery. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kajun

Good luck to you Dirt. I just got the same exact surgery 2 weeks ago, and i'm able to walk at a good clip without a walker or cane, and even dry fired for 10 minutes today. Planning on shooting at wr if all goes well. Don't get behind on your pain meds! Prayers up!

Good luck to you my friend and grace and skill to your doctors.

L2 through L5 myself already!! My doctor repeatedly tells me I'm one mistake from L5/S1.

I hope all goes well!!

Prayers are with you....good luck and may the doctors due their best.

KK

Hey Dirt, You'll definitely be in my prayers. I've got S1-T12 fused after 3 back surgeries.

4 rods, 18 screws , 1 plate, 1 cross member and 6 blocks. BUT I'm doing great , hardly any pain at all after 3 months recovery since April. I'll be praying for an speedy and excellent recovery for you so you can enjoy life once again.

Good luck to you Dirt. I just got the same exact surgery 2 weeks ago, and i'm able to walk at a good clip without a walker or cane, and even dry fired for 10 minutes today. Planning on shooting at wr if all goes well. Don't get behind on your pain meds! Prayers up!

Best of luck, my friend, and I'll stand up on my knees for you!

Big prayer cover from Ophelia & me! We want to see you back shooting as soon as possible. And, I'm almost thru the book a second time!

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Howdy,

Just keep in mind that if you get the DOC to ORDER something the nurses HAVE to do it.

if you ask a nurse to do the same thing, it might or might not get done.

It took me a while to figure that out, pard.

Attack your exercise like you are excaping from prison.

Prayers are good, but attitude sure helps too.

Best

CR

been there done that and got the scars to prove it.

Prayers on the way

Dirt, let us know how you're doing! At day 17 I cut my pain meds by two thirds, and can walk full throttle. Can't run yet, but maybe pretty soon. Able to stay on my feet most of the day. Wear good socks and shoes, it'll take some of the jarring out of a hard surface or floor! Going in for another checkup on the 22nd, maybe he'll bump my weight restrictions up some. Keep us posted!

Monday I go into the hospital to have my 5th back surgery since 1999. The are going to fuse L5-S1. L2-4 is already fused. It will be a fairly lengthy deal so prayers for the doctors hands would be appreciated.

Merry Christmass and God Bless to everyone and I look forward to shooting with you all again in the spring.

Dirt

I broke my back yrs ago and have suffered ever since. I will be praying for you to finally have relief and to be able to enjoy the quality of life that so many take for granted! I have done several spinal taps and am now considering R/F ablation to deaden the nerve pain that I have grown accustomed to.

Pardner, you have my prayers for a speedy recovery. I hope that you're up and shooting in no time. You have to! I too want to get better and start shooting again and hope that I have the pleasure of your company on down the trail. God speed hombre

Prayers on the Way from the frozen North ...

God Bless ...

And Wishes for a blessed New Year for You and Yours ...

Jabez Cowboy

Archived