SASS Wire Forum

Burger King "King"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Burger King has recently brought back the "king" in their ads. For reasons I can't explain, I (and my wife) always find this guy really creepy. How 'bout patrons of the Saloon? I'm buyin' a round! :D

I think he is a she but either way Creepy as the new Col. Sanders

Agreed on both counts.

I had an uncle that was very much like the new Colonel Sanders and anytime he came around my mother sent my sisters over to a neighbors house.

??? "I'm your wicked Uncle Ernie and I'm doing what I want to.....fiddling about....fiddling about!" ????

I don't think (hope, anyway) those two will be around long.

Must be something in the coffee down at the advertising agency. I see where Jared Fogle was

sentenced to 15 years for activity with underage girls. Subway dropped him like a hot potato.

I guess we don't get anymore normal people advertising.

There all a little creepy, even ol' Ronald McDonald! The only one I like is the spokeswoman for Wendy's!! :wub:

The things people will do for money.

>Horse trainer Bob Baffert was paid $200,000 to allow The Burger King to stand behind him in the grandstands during the televised broadcast of the 2015 Belmont Stakes, where American Pharaoh won the Triple Crown. Baffert had turned down $150,000 to allow the mascot to appear with him at the 2015 Preakness Stakes,<

According to Wiki, anywho

There all a little creepy, even ol' Ronald McDonald! The only one I like is the spokeswoman for Wendy's!! :wub:

You mean the old woman who used to yell "Where's the beef?!"

??? "I'm your wicked Uncle Ernie and I'm doing what I want to.....fiddling about....fiddling about!" ????

As a matter of fact his name was Ernie.

You mean the old woman who used to yell "Where's the beef?!"

No, NO, that hot looking' young redhead that says, "Now that's better"

The King has always been creepy. Same of Ronald at the Golden Arches. Both is a Stephen King sort of way.

Burger King is fine if you like horse meat or are too durn drunk to care.

The Who???

Really, Cat!?!?!??

The Who???

Really, Cat!?!?!??

Yeah, The Who. The line is a roughly-correct lyric from The Who's rock opera. "Tommy." The song is "Fiddling About," or some such. The fictional Tommy, as you might recall, suffered psychological trauma and lost his ability to see, hear and speak. He was pretty much incapacitated but somehow learned to play pinball very well. So, Tommy became "The Pinball Wizard."

Anyway, when I saw a reply above where someone made wry reference to not letting kids get near the creepy Burger King and KFC fast food characters from their respective commercials, then for some reason, "wicked Uncle Ernie" from "Tommy" popped into my head. I meant the lyric quote to be a ridiculous reference to the mocking reference to "cartoon" corporate advertising characters. So from that perspective, yeah, really.

Wasn't it "your WEIRD Uncle Ernie" ?

Maybe, but it's been soooo long. I think it's "wicked," because of how the song's rhythm flows. I have "Tommy" on vinyl in a box in the garage. A time capsule from another life..... I wonder if a stage performance of "Tommy" is available on DVD? I'll have to look!

I do think these latest goofy, fast food characters have gotta go. :-)

EDIT:

yep, there are several video performances of "Tommy" available.

There is a plethora of weirdness floating around on TV ads these days. That non-person on the Lincoln ads is one of the worst. Kenny Rogers rates near the top.

Milana Vayntrub isn't weird, but she makes me feel weird.

Looked her up. Can't remember a single commercial.

Looked her up. Can't remember a single commercial.

From Uzbekistan.
She appeared as the saleswoman Lily Adams in the AT&T commercials.

That non-person on the Lincoln ads is one of the worst. Kenny Rogers rates near the top.

That "non-person" from the Lincoln ads is a fairly accomplished actor and producer Matthew McConaughey.

"At the 86th Academy Awards, McConaughey won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Ron Woodroof in Dallas Buyers Club."

Agree with the thought on Kenny Rogers.

That "non-person" from the Lincoln ads is a fairly accomplished actor and producer Matthew McConaughey.

"At the 86th Academy Awards, McConaughey won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Ron Woodroof in Dallas Buyers Club."

Agree with the thought on Kenny Rogers.

Well, he certainly is no poker player. Take a look at the Lincoln AD on the computer.

Draws a three of spades to fill out his straight flush, and then smiles a big smile to tell

the guy across the table that he has him beat.

Well, regarding Kenny Rogers, his films are not on too many watch lists, I'll grant you that, but that GEICO ad where, "Did you know that playing poker with Kenny Rogers gets old pretty fast?" and all the other card players are giving him the evil eye, is very funny. "What!!?"

Milana Vayntrub isn't weird, but she makes me feel weird.

Uh.... yeah.....weird. Me too. ;)

I think we all assume the advertising industry is fueled by scotch and cocaine. ;)

I bet a national poll on the icky level of the big head Burger King would resoundingly indicate the population is thoroughly creeped out.

But as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. :rolleyes:

Archived