SASS Wire Forum

Ugly cars we have known...

My wife's Toyota Prius was pretty ugly but got really good gas mileage.

My first wheels - 1959 Anglia; affectionately known in the family as "The Pig". Four cylinders of pure, unadulterated deceleration.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r620/Franco6666/CARS/concurrente_Ford_Anglia_1959_zpsilkn1r8x.jpg

LL

Pontiac Aztec :-)

I bought my first truck a 1947 Studebaker pickup for $50.00 and it was certifiably ugly. The year was 1971.

Id give anything to have a studebaker truck. Growing up my father bought, restored and sold several before moving on to 65 mustangs. But for ugly. 69 Rambler Classic

Id give anything to have a studebaker truck. Growing up my father bought, restored and sold several before moving on to 65 mustangs. But for ugly. 69 Rambler Classic

My dad had one of them too. It was also green metal flake. I'm not sure of the year. I'll see if I can find a photo. He always had 5 or so cars to loan to customers.

IIRC it was this model. The front looks like his did. I thought it was cute.

1947%20Studebaker%20M5%20Pickup%20Truck%

Don't forget the '55 Chevy.

But then again, all chebbies are ugly. :D

Stop that. Y'all are bringing back so many memories.

My brother had a '55 Chevy stick. In 1965 he got a new car and my dad got the Chevy. I told him my brother taught me to drive it. Whew! I made it away from the house with him realizing I'd lied.

It looked like this.

55chev50733-1.jpg

PS My Dad was a mechanic and always had approximately five loaners that my Mom or I had to drive when our cars needed work.

The one I hated the most was before I was old enough to drive. We referred to it as "The Old Yellow Dog." I remember the passenger door flying open when my mom turned a corner and she had to grab me to keep me from falling our. I'm not sure if it was a Pontiac or Buick. It looked something like this.

1947_Buick_Sedanette.jpg

Howdy,

I nearly bought a Pinto, at the last minute good sense grabbed me.

Best

CR

git chills thinkin about it.

Ha ha, I had 2 Pintos, the first was a 1972 Runabout, a hatchback, 4 speed, absolutely loved it! A few years later I got a 74 Pinto Wagon, great little car! I had no problems with Pintos they were actually fun little cars with little or no problems for me anyway! :)

I had a 1952 and a 1953 International Harvester pick ups in the early 70's and I thought that they were good looking vehicles. Still like them today.

Had a friend in high school whose dad gave him one just like that. He removed some letters from the name in the grill and it spelled his name, Abe.

I don't like Mustangs!! (watch J. Mark jump in here :lol::lol::lol: ) he just bought a new one and they really don't look bad at all!

Actually, I think some of the recent Ford pickups are as ugly as it gets!! What?? Are they trying to compete with International and Dodge??

I always thought the Chrysler Imperials of the late '50s early '60s were 'bout as ugly as it got and the '61 to '63 Dodges proved me wrong!!! ( no YUCK!! icon) :lol:

Howdy,

Some of these cars aren't ugly so much as plain.

In a car ugly is about being unreliable, poor handling and bad choice of colors.

Not all cars can look like Aston Martin DB5.

Best

CR

Howdy,

Some of these cars aren't ugly so much as plain.

In a car ugly is about being unreliable, poor handling and bad choice of colors.

Not all cars can look like Aston Martin DB5.

Best

CR

You just perfectly described my turd brown 1976 Pinto.

rolling fire bomb

horrible handling

horrible performance

turd-brown.

What more can I say. :)

Archived