SASS Wire Forum

Sponsored Shooters in SASS...did I miss something?

Why am I seeing postings on Facebook from SASS shooters thanking their sponsors after they have won at a SASS event? Last I seem to recall, this is an amateur shooting sport, not a professional shooting sport, or have I missed some rule change while I wasn't paying attention?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no money to be won or lost at any of our matches, that keeps us a amateur sport. Sponsored shooters are as old as the game itself. Sponsorship can be in the form of leather,guns,gun work,clothing,match fees etc. etc. Wearing sponsored logos on the line is illegal. But SASS does not control the business or agreements that a company and shooter may have. Vendors sponsor shooters for a variety of reasons, mostly to gain more business. A shooter thanking their sponsor especially on a non SASS public forum is one way for the shooter to recognize and thank the vendor for the support, and thats why you are seeing that.

HI John,

I think I saw that post (posted one hour ago) on FB too. I only recall seeing one such post. I do not know if they are truly what we think of as sponsors or if she just uses their products and has had lessons from them. If you want an answer, you should ask the person who made that post.

Regards,

Allie

Bootsie Hill sponsors me!!! HaHaLOL... Well let's say she tells me when and where we are going to shoot next!! If I'm a good boy and do what I'm told in between shoots.....

I can say that it has made me a better boy fer sure!! Hee Hee Hee... She even let's me buy new guns every once in a while when I'm really good...

Spades H. Anyone that knows me has seen a marked difference in how good I behave under her sponsorship!!!

I sponsor my kids, and sometimes they thank me for taking them shooting, sometimes they don't!

I have never been to a little league game without seeing some companies name on their jersey. Sponsorship and Professionals are not synonymous. And if anybody wants to spot me anything I'm in.

Take a look at the ads in the CC, those with photos or names of SASS shooters. Chances are there is some form of compensation to most of those shooters. Who cares. Not new by any means. Find some very old CC and you will see.

There is no money to be won or lost at any of our matches, that keeps us a amateur sport. Sponsored shooters are as old as the game itself. Sponsorship can be in the form of leather,guns,gun work,clothing,match fees etc. etc. Wearing sponsored logos on the line is illegal. But SASS does not control the business or agreements that a company and shooter may have. Vendors sponsor shooters for a variety of reasons, mostly to gain more business. A shooter thanking their sponsor especially on a non SASS public forum is one way for the shooter to recognize and thank the vendor for the support, and thats why you are seeing that.

+1

Happens all the time. And has been so for a LONG time.

Folks have leather rigs named after them. Don't you think they got something for that?

I know folks have got pairs of guns. And more than one pair at that. Leather, Bullets, guns

parts. Been going on a LONG time.

:FlagAm::FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm::FlagAm:

I am very glad there won't be any shooters wearing cowboy shirts with Ruger or Winchester that look like ad billboards at a SASS match.

Mustang

Lead Ringer is sponsored by RingersBullets. The owner of Ringers Bullets told me "Ringers a jerk prema donna". He demands his Avian to be 48 degrees and shooting temperature 72 with low humidity and slight cloud cover" I can't stand these Hollywood types in our shooting sport!

Lead Ringer is sponsored by RingersBullets. The owner of Ringers Bullets told me "Ringers a jerk prema donna". He demands his Avian to be 48 degrees and shooting temperature 72 with low humidity and slight cloud cover" I can't stand these Hollywood types in our shooting sport!

:lol:;)

my sponsor is Swarovski Crystals!!!!!!!!!

oh!!!! and Jif peanut butter!!!!

I heard Ahab the tent maker is looking for someone!! :o:o:P:P:P

yu did say large, first!!! :P:P:D:D

Yeah! that sponsor thing is overated....lol.

I'm currently looking for sponsors. Anyone interested in having a large obnoxious cowboy help advertise their products hit me up.

Weight Gain Protein Drink!

HI John,

I think I saw that post (posted one hour ago) on FB too. I only recall seeing one such post. I do not know if they are truly what we think of as sponsors or if she just uses their products and has had lessons from them. If you want an answer, you should ask the person who made that post.

Regards,

Allie

Allie…the Voice of Reason! :)

Allie...Allie....Allie....you go cowgirl...you are the voice of reason....Jim

Since I started this game I've been "grub staked and backed by Lacey Corsette"

She has since tried many times to get out of her sponsorship..

But.. I have to keep reminding her ..

Uuuuhhhh.... No sponsorship.. No glitter shotgun shells..

Rance ;)

Thinkln' I still have my sponsor. :). So far..

As long as no rules are broken, I really don't have an issue. Just wish someone would throw some sponsorship my way.

Hopefully it doesn't get like the NFL: "This walk by the offense up to the line brought to you by XXX."; "This hard count sponsored by YYY."

NFL is getting tough to watch.

Not nearly as bad as NASCAR from what I understand. Just can't get into watching 3 hours of left-hand oval driving.

I used to be sponsored. But truthfully, the headaches come tax time, having to itemize and account for every penny in and out, just wasn't worth the extra couple of million per year. I'm much happier now just buying my own stuff. :wacko:

It seems that not matter what you're dealing with in life, it continues to be about who you know.

:ph34r::P:)

+1

Happens all the time. And has been so for a LONG time.

Folks have leather rigs named after them. Don't you think they got something for that?

I know folks have got pairs of guns. And more than one pair at that. Leather, Bullets, guns

parts. Been going on a LONG time.

The voice of reason.

I'd like to thank my wife and daughter who have 'sponsored' me time in 2016 to get out and shoot more....along with golf.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived