SASS Wire Forum

Sponsored Shooters in SASS...did I miss something?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this 'GOLF' you speak of?

I think it's the company that makes the motorized Gun Carts I see at some matches. They make great little white targets too. hard to hit, but won't blow over in this Oklahoma wind.

They have beautiful gun ranges, but I can never seem to find the firing line before I get chased away. I guess you have to be a member of their gun club. I dunno.

If the company is sponsoring a young shooter give the company a call and say thank you very much.If it is a older shooter just ask them who they know.

What is this 'GOLF' you speak of?

it's a little game that takes little balls to play :D ...takes up real estate from gun ranges though :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Top shooters get free stuff, companies want you to advertise for them. Shooters like me sometimes get 11 pieces of brass instead of 10 after they shoot a stage. I'd like to thank Starline brass for the extra stepped on piece of brass I got last match...

Pietta and Cimarron are sponsoring Young Gun shooters with a pair of pistols.

I used to sponsor a Cowboy Action Shooter.

I mentioned that to one of the SASS boys at EOT a number of years ago and was told: "We don't have sponsors". :blink:

I explained that I paid his entry fees, I paid for his guns, ammo, clothes, transportation, food, lodging, etc. -- sure seems like a sponsor to me. :) --

Sometimes I still feel like I'm sponsoring that kid even though he now has different hobbies. :lol:

Man, I thought I"d be flooded with offers of sponsership by now...

free guns, leather, match fees

travel expenses in return for video

free guns and stuff in return for a you tube video review...

But I got nuthin!

Maybe my email and PMs are broke!

:D

Like others, I would be happy to entertain offers of sponsorship...

Or even an all expenses paid trip and match in return for video taking!

Man, I thought I"d be flooded with offers of sponsership by now...

free guns, leather, match fees

travel expenses in return for video

free guns and stuff in return for a you tube video review...

But I got nuthin!

Maybe my email and PMs are broke!

I am authorized by Just for Men Mustache and Beard Color to offer you a one bottle, one time deal sponsorship with the color of your choice :lol::lol::lol:

I have the same deal..............I selected Gray

I'm sponsored by the U.S. Government. At least when my Social Security check gets here on time.

Seriously, If a shooter is good enough to have someone want to help cover their expenses, more power to 'em. I don't know that I've heard of anyone getting rich off this game.

I'm sponsored by Egyptian Sundials...

...they make the only timer that can keep up with me... <_<

I am authorized by Just for Men Mustache and Beard Color to offer you a one bottle, one time deal sponsorship with the color of your choice :lol::lol::lol:

I have the same deal..............I selected Gray

I think I'll pass, I've paid dearly for, and earned every gray, er, white hair. Probably caused more than my fair share too! :D

I used to be sponsored. But truthfully, the headaches come tax time, having to itemize and account for every penny in and out, just wasn't worth the extra couple of million per year. I'm much happier now just buying my own stuff. :wacko:

more like -- "then I woke up" :lol:

Believe it or not, there are (and have been) some top shooters who have refused sponsorship.

These Pards work hard to earn their Top Gun positions and in some cases, sponsorships can become restrictive.

I'm familiar with one shooter who worked VERY HARD to gain prominence with pistol speed. Then later, here comes Mr. Vendor offering some free bullets for an endorsement. The Cowboy shooter thought that was a pretty cheap shot for all the hard work he had put into this game, just for vendor to take some quick advantage of it for a few bullets.

Some shooters need sponsorship just to help them stay in the game. Everyone can't afford 80,000 primers, bullets and sufficient powder to shoot every year for practice. Plus the guns that have to be maintained for being overworked, etc. Then you have travel expenses so that these shooters can afford the big matches. These Top Guns are in great demand to make a lot of matches and sponsorships help get them there.

I love going to matches where a big name shooter is attending and if it means them needing sponsorship to attend, I'm all for it.

Another thing to consider, WE ALL can benefit also from these sponsorships.

Cowboy 'X' is being sponsored by Vendor 'Z'. Cowboy 'X' shows up and leads a FREE training class. Vendor 'Z' shows up and sells US their products, which help enhance OUR shooting.

It can be very beneficial even for us who have no sponsorship.

..........Widder

I have never been to a little league game without seeing some companies name on their jersey. Sponsorship and Professionals are not synonymous. And if anybody wants to spot me anything I'm in.

Most Wanted,

I got a 5 dollar bill in my pocket if that will help :lol: .

~Blue

I have gave free bullets to many shooters.

Not all they wanted. But maybe enough to shoot the next

up coming big match. 500 here, 1,000 there.

But only if they was already a customer to start with.

Never had one ask for it. Just something I wanted to do to

say Thanks for the support.

Right on!!!!

I'm a Professional!!!!!!!

sooooo happy!!!!!!

:mellow:

Maybe if we piss off our sponsors we'll get lucky and the sumbuck will fire us. :ph34r:

When are the team uniforms coming?

have seen pictures of pards with club symbol embroidery slickers on the back. Kinda neutral on that one.,,,, they are showing the brand they are riding for....so to speak.

Nothing (rule wise) to stop a true, professional from shooting. They just can not have their shooting costume all dolled up with logos. I suppose they could have their gun cart all logoed up. Don't know.

See shirts with advertisement on thiem, at times, at monthlies. have seen a case or two at annuals.

have seen pictures of pards with club symbol embroidery slickers on the back. Kinda neutral on that one.,,,, they are showing the brand they are riding for....so to speak.

Nothing (rule wise) to stop a true, professional from shooting. They just can not have their shooting costume all dolled up with logos. I suppose they could have their gun cart all logoed up. Don't know.

See shirts with advertisement on thiem, at times, at monthlies. have seen a case or two at annuals.

If match officials won't enforce the rules (see those ref'd in post #58) some shooters will continue to wear "illegal/outlawed" items and equipment.

When they're allowed to do so at their monthly matches (where any & everything is allowed <_< ) ; then attend a major match where the rules ARE enforced, they can only blame the lack of local enforcement or their own unfamiliarity with the rules.

Advise all shooters to READ THE ******** MANUAL...at least to become familiar with the basics.

It would also be helpful if photographers and videographers would NOT post pix/vids of shooters in illegal attire or using illegal equipment.

That is one of the reasons many clubs follow SASS rules for their awards ceremonies & don't call up anyone who is not properly dressed for the occasion.

I sponsor my kids, and sometimes they thank me for taking them shooting, sometimes they don't!

You should threaten to make them wear vests with you logo and URL on the back.

Advise all shooters to READ THE ******** MANUAL...at least to become familiar with the basics.

This is one of my biggest gripes. I sure don't remember/know all the rules, but I darn sure know the most basic ones. I also keep all the rule books with me at matches.

They're not.

<_<

REF: SHB p.27 / RO1 p.26

[/quote

I sure hope not but things and rules do have a way of changing

Why would that change????? Sponsorships are as old as the sport in one form or another. The fact still remains if you want to make money in this game you better make/sell a product that folks want or provide a service and then be willing to work you butt off. This is much hand wringing over NOTHING. I only wish people would put at much energy into promoting and working matches as they do worrying about stuff like this the game would be a lot better off.

It's not against the rules, let it go. The only rule is about the displaying of sponsor's logos on clothing, that's it. I appreciate that one mostly because I think the shooter's shirts in the other shooting sports look ridiculous and the shooters always look just a little embarrassed when wearing them. I can't picture how you're gonna make a cowboy shirt look like an 1800s Nascar Studebaker anyway. I can't shoot bullets that I paid good money for any faster than I can shoot free ones. I doubt the fastest and best are better than me because they got some free stuff. It's even possible that they got some free stuff because they were faster and better than the rest of us. Maybe I should practice, even a little...nah. Next shooter.

I appreciate that one mostly because I think the shooter's shirts in the other shooting sports look ridiculous and the shooters always look just a little embarrassed when wearing them.

I would like to think they are proud of their accomplishments and the more sponsors they have only confirm that. Would it fit in cowboy? No

Do we have to run down other sports to try and make a point ? No.

I would like to think they are proud of their accomplishments and the more sponsors they have only confirm that. Would it fit in cowboy? No

Do we have to run down other sports to try and make a point ? No.

I'm sure they are proud and should be. It's their thing and I'm sure they like it just the way it is. I like our sport the way it is and am glad that we have the rules that we do to keep it from being like all the others. I think most of us chose this one for a reason. I don't follow them closely enough to know what they do. I've just seen the shirts and am glad we don't have anything like that in CAS. No harm intended.

I don't have a problem with sponsored shooters. I do dislike the fact that professional shooters from other shooting sports are allowed to shoot in our game.

Archived