SASS Wire Forum

A Sad Goodbye to The General

Misty Moonshine

I too had the pleasure of shooting with Mr. Davis several times, along with sharing cigars and some good whisky after matches were over.

A fine man, who had a great passion for the sport he helped invent.

Godspeed, and my condolences to his family.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had the privilege of meeting you General, but Thank You for what you helped give your SASS family.

My condolences to your family.

Go with God.

Harvey

Our prayers and condolences to the Davis family. I had the pleasure many times to sit and visit with the General at EOT in Calif and Founders Ranch. He was a visionary! Thanks for the "Memories General"

Goatneck

I am saddened to hear of his passing, but he was a good man and has gone to with our Lord. Condolences to his family, y'all will be our thoughts and prayers.

A sad new , we had the pleasure to meet the General when coming in Europe for championship and also during the conventions and EOT , each time was a great moment .

condoleances to his family , friends and SASS family .

rest in peace General

Rest in piece, General. It was an honor to know you and I thank you for creating this great sport that brings such great people together.

The true measure of a man is not his wealth or fame, but the number of lives that he touches. U.S.Grant touched the lives of more than 100,000 SASS Members and many, many, more who also play this game in one form or other. His legacy, SASS, Cowboy Action Shooting, EMF, will continue to touch the lives of future generations to come.

Prayers Up for his family and friends. He will be dearly missed.

Dogmeat Dad & Lil Feathers

Our condolences to family and friends; Rest in Peace Cowboy.

12 and Pat

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

A very sad day for all of SASS. I met the General only once, years ago at EOT in CA. A fine fellow and my prayers go out to his Family for their loss. RIP sir, and God Bless.

Hoss

God of faithfulness, in Your wisdom You have called Your servant Boyd A. Davis out of this world; release him from the bonds of sin, and welcome him into Your Presence, so the he may enjoy eternal light and peace and be raised up in glory with all Your saints. Amen.

Rest in peace General.

Fast Hammer

Luved him, What a nut he was, Every time i saw him

he would call me Gimp, Just jokingly on his part

and we laughed at that, He was always a Gentleman

we set up in the same tent for a few years, Jokes and

True tales from the store, May God Grant ya Peace,

RIP my Friend, Prayers up for the Family, God Bless......

Chancey Lady and I got to talk to him some at the last convention in Branson. I have the first edition, 1956, EM gun catalog and was joking with him about the value as it is pictured with him in the Hall of Fame.

He is going to be greatly missed by many. Prayers for the family.

Chance & Chancey Lady

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Rest in peace, SIr.

We will miss you.

Mustang & Calamity

Thanks for everything General and R.I.P. you certainly earned it. Thoughts and prayers out and about.

Jackrabbit #414 & Sly puppy #78115

Condolences and prayers. He left a vision we are all now enjoying.

Ol #4

Our prayers are with him and his family. SASS has been an important part of our family. We appreciate everything he did for us. SASS Kicker, Cody James and Kirk James.

Every Single Person on this Wire - and thousand more - owe a debt of gratitude to Boyd. Our world would be a lot smaller, without SASS. That's a mighty long shadow to cast.

This is the end of an era.

Respect, and thanks, #2.

Sincerely,

Frederick Jackson Turner

One of my favorite stories about the General U.S. Grant took place many years ago at a John Wayne Shoot-Out. A young fella, who was a customer at my gun store, was making small talk with an older gentleman. The young fella asked, "So, how long have you been doing this?" The older gentleman asked, "What's your SASS number son?" The young fella responded something like 11,000 or so. Boyd said, "Mine's number 2." The young fella sheepishly chuckled at himself when recounting the story.

Fillmore

One of the Good Guys. Nice to break bread with him at Founders Ranch member dinners.

THANK YOU FOR GIVING US A GAME TO PLAY WITH THE BEST FOLKS IN THE WORLD

Even being new here, I can appreciate the dedication, love, compassion and caring he must have had and exhibited over the years, to have such loyal friends and kind words.

My prayers for his family and friends.

Archived