Tom Cruise

Cruise sat with lawyers to be deposed for his case against Bauer

Publishing for stories two of its publications printed following his

divorce from Katie Holmes, articles that stated he had "abandoned" his

daughter Suri.

During the deposition, a lawyer questioned Cruise about remarks his

camp had made equating his work and inability to see daughter Suri to

fighting in Afghanistan.

"That's what it feels like. And certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal," Cruise said, according to TMZ

Um.....

Yeah....

He has no idea!! Just another self centered POS!!

Oh fer cryin' out loud! My heart simply bleeds for him. Maybe if the guys and girls in Afghanistan were being paid half of what he is for a movie, I would feel some sympathy for him. On second thought... No, no I wouldn't.

He swallowed a lot of water in the filming of Top Gun when they ejected over the Pacific (after spinning sideways all the way from El Centro to the Pacific - Hollywood......), and thought he was drowning - panic.

Gave max crap to the navy divers who "rescued" him. I had friends and co-workers who were technical advisors on the film.

Self important Scum.

"Loser" is a good description of Tom Cruise. People intentionally refuse to go to see his films, whether they are good or bad. Nobody cares. He's branded himself as one to be shunned.

Tried to jump start his faltering career by doing boy scout kiddee tricks, jumping up and down on oprah's sofa and wound up flushing his career instead. Plus, that bizarre, so-called church, based on bad science fiction novels. Geez. I guess everyone's forgotten how they seeded their enemies' mail boxes with rattlesnakes in the past.

At least his wife had the good sense to escape from him with her daughter. Her dad is a lawyer and helped her engineer their disentanglement from him. Cruise's lawyers convinced him that to fight them would put the last nail in his career coffin.

I think he's the one that stars with Jerry in a cartoon!

What I find amazing is the number of people who actually care what this moron...and others like him...think...or say...or do.

I have an idea: let's send him to Afghanistan and see how long he holds up and how mouthy he is after his second or third tour.

I work in a community dedicated to retired military officers and spouses. All wars since WWII. They know first hand what situations like Afghanistan are like. These are REAL heroes that you can truly look up to.

:angry:Cruise isn't worth a cup of their pee if he was on fire! :angry:

Kidd AtHeart

Hmmmm....NOBODY is trying to KILL him, he doesn't put his life out there for his buddies and for his country and I doubt he'll suffer from PTSD. He also is 'rewarded' with millions of dollars whereas our troops get little pay.... Moron + Jerk = Cruise ....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

CNN is running a column today that includes the actual words spoken by Cruise in the deposition; if it is accurate, Cruise scoffed at the idea that you could compare war with his job. Apparently, it was a lawyer for Cruise who made the comparison, and Cruise did not adopt the analogy. Asked if he agreed with the anology, he replied, ""Oh come on," Cruise says, "you know, we're making a movie."

He's not my favorite, but I wouldn't hold him responsible for what some lawyer said.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/09/tom-cruise-did-not-make-widely-reported-claim-that-acting-is-as-tough-as-combat/?hpt=hp_t2

And I do like "The Last Samurai".

LL

It seems Cruise could have chosen his words better, but at the end of it, he was not equating his movie making with combat. Good to know.

CNN is running a column today that includes the actual words spoken by Cruise in the deposition; if it is accurate, Cruise scoffed at the idea that you could compare war with his job. Apparently, it was a lawyer for Cruise who made the comparison, and Cruise did not adopt the analogy. Asked if he agreed with the anology, he replied, ""Oh come on," Cruise says, "you know, we're making a movie."

He's not my favorite, but I wouldn't hold him responsible for what some lawyer said.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/09/tom-cruise-did-not-make-widely-reported-claim-that-acting-is-as-tough-as-combat/?hpt=hp_t2

And I do like "The Last Samurai".

LL

Agreed - but it sure was fun to get a rope and hang the guy before we knew what he might have said.

Isn't it funny how we hear what we want to hear, and then hang someone over it .....

Good thing he wasn't advocating for the US Marines to change their hat.

SC

Agreed - but it sure was fun to get a rope and hang the guy before we knew what he might have said.

Isn't it funny how we hear what we want to hear, and then hang someone over it .....

Good thing he wasn't advocating for the US Marines to change their hat.

SC

If Tom Selleck had been reported as saying it, no one would beieve it. ;)

I say we hang him anyway. It's a nice day.

I agree, never could stand the p****

Glad to see it was BS. Can't say that I'd like my life on the cover of every tabloid or the subject of every viral post, but that's the landscape for stars and celebs these days. They must like it or they'd go back to waiting tables. ;)

Okay, so Mr. Cruise didn't actually say what his lawyer is reported to have said. Two thoughts...

First, it is entirely plausible to the average listener that what was purported to have been said, could have come from his mouth. As written in an earlier post, nobody would have believed it had the quote been attributed to Tom Selleck or Charlton Heston.

Second, any mouthpiece that is hired by a celebrity speaks with the authority of that celebrity. If Mr. Cruise wanted a different image projected by his "people", he should hire different "people".

Okay, so Mr. Cruise didn't actually say what his lawyer is reported to have said. Two thoughts...

First, it is entirely plausible to the average listener that what was purported to have been said, could have come from his mouth. As written in an earlier post, nobody would have believed it had the quote been attributed to Tom Selleck or Charlton Heston.

Second, any mouthpiece that is hired by a celebrity speaks with the authority of that celebrity. If Mr. Cruise wanted a different image projected by his "people", he should hire different "people".

Ta da...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

really... seems like a thin reed to hang on to some how justify what was almost a lynching . . .

Why not let it go that folks jumped to an erroneous conclusion based on less than the whole story and were ready to

accuse him of things that fit their preconceptions.

Not like that doesn't happen in the press and in the street every day?

SC

I agree that Cruise is mostly a screwball. But the truth is he didn't say it. And I won't blame him for statements his lawyer made in court. As an LEO I've had prosecutors make some real stoopid statements while arguing my case. Once you have something put in a court transcript, it's there forever.

In this case, it appears that Cruise is a victim of misinterpretation by the media.

Of course if he did say it, Hillary would say, "What difference does it make?" ;)

Archived