SASS Wire Forum

Geraldo Rivera announces he will shred his NRA card

Marshal Dan Troop 70448

I have never been a fan of Geraldo, I think he downgrades FOX news with his tabloid type approach to news, etc.

Just minutes ago, he announced on FOX if the NRA does not step up to announce their support to ban private ownership to assault weapons, large capacity magazines. He will shred his NRA membership card on the air. MT

I have never been a fan of Geraldo, I think he downgrades FOX news with his tabloid type approach to news, etc.

Just minutes ago, he announced on FOX if the NRA does not step up to announce their support to ban private ownership to assault weapons, large capacity magazines. He will shred his NRA membership card on the air. MT

Good - he's a deciever news reporter anyway - good riddance.

Doubt the NRA cares ;)/>

GG ~ :FlagAm:/>

We have to all email FOX and tell them we will never watch Geraldo again. I never did anyway, when he came on I couldn't change the channel fast enough!

:) Rye

Well BYE ! :blink:

Depending upon how the NRA positions itself in this latest shooting, it will gain members and it could lose some members.

Its been that way since Waco when I think that is where Wayne LaPierre labeled some federal agents as 'Jack Booted Thugs' or something like that.

Ya can't please all the people all the time.

..........Widder

The point missing is that, care for him or not, he does influence some people's thinking. This is not a time to worry or think if we care or not if he is a NRA member. (from the card he held up, it looks as if he joined NRA recently and using it as a ploy or his tabloid type reporting to do just that, influence people to go against the NRA stand and further gun control).

Good riddance? He doesn't care, but all those that do care, should write FOX. This guy has got to be put off the air, not just for this, but for all his tabloid approach to disasters, and gun owners. This isn't the first time he has taken a stand agaist assault weapons. He was for keeping the ban in place and high capacity magazine for years.

In case anyone is unaware, he also voted for Obama, said he was the best man. MT

If I remember correctly, a few years back, when the Somonlia Pirates were really big on the news, Rivera made the comment that he always had a AR 15 on board his Yacht when ever he sailed in the straights, even though guns on board are not allowed in that area. He has never been anything other than a AH... I remember when he was hit with a chair on his TV show. However... all that being said, he still has a lot of folks watching, and if he does it, it will certainly get a lot of press in the mass media... kinda like when Bush dropped his membership over the "Jack Booted Thug" comment made by the NRA CEO. I certainly support the NRA, but the fact is that was a really stupid thing to say. I'm not proposing that the NRA fold, but they could certianly use someone that presented a better face. You can stand your ground without all the Bluster and "In your face" type of retoric... it might even get some of the opposition to actually listen to you..... As you might have guessed, I'm not a big fan of the NRA's CEO.

Snakebite.

I can see it now. He'll have an hour long "special" on tv. He'll waste a 1/2 hour babbling about it, then he'll reach into his pocket........ to find nothing but dirt and a couple of wine bottles.

Actually, I'm surprised he has a NRA card....probably is right next to his Communist Party card.

CS

He was a poser anyway. :wacko:/>

Agreed. He probably became a member to bolster claims he was pro "right to bare arms". And to see the type of literature the NRA sends out. We all know how people like him think. We only need a single shot musket for hunting, that constitutes your right? But he and people like him can have and afford guys with Glocks and Sig's to protect them. (Well of course, these people are more important than you and I. They deserve quality protection) We on the other hand deserve to dial 911 and wait for help.

I wouldn't put it past this clown, to join a few years ago for such a time as this! Just remember the Al Capone vault stunt. Guys like this can't help it. They do anything to promote them selves first and then their politics. If you call him out, he'll blast back I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan 100 times and I promote the troops! He acts as if he volunteered his time and never got paid big bucks??

Geraldo has always been a self promoting knee jerk story chaser, that has made lots of money from the recent wars.

Ringerrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oops my r got stuck on full auto again.

Several comments I could make.

None I will.

I'm sure you understand.

-30-

I hope someone shreds him.

Geraldo who? you mean to tell me some of y'all actually watch and listen to what he says???? He is a total publicity junkie... The spanish have a word for his type... Pendejo.

oooops shot my big mouth off again... sorry

Tascosa (who at times suffers from hoof and mouth disease)

Good idea about writing to FOX news.

Suggest the NRA cancel his membership because he is a poor representative of what they portray as responsible gun owners.

As far as those that see him as role model. I think Romney summed it up regarding his comment about not being able to reach the 47% that are receiving benefits. I may not have this exact but you all get the idea.

I keep forgetting you can't argue with stupid.

I hope does shred it on the air. I also hope his tie gets caught in the shredder also.

I have ready emailed Fox about his parasitic grief monger and expressed my displeasure with him.

I'm still wondering after some 20 or so years why anyone gives a damn what Rivera does or thinks...but then again, the biggest news today is the end of the world, David Beckham (whoever he is) buying his wife $500.00 jammies, Ann Hathaway (whoever she is) wearing nothing but vegan footwear (whatever that is) in her latest movie or stage production, and other such useless crap.

These idiots vote, drive deadly motor vehicles, breed, and influence a huge number of our intelligence-impaired fellow occupants of the planet...and they and their fans genuinely think they are important.

Believe Mark Twain said something to the tune of:

I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have Geraldo as a member.

;) GJ

Believe Mark Twain said something to the tune of:

I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have Geraldo as a member.

;)/> GJ

Wasn't that Groucho? A buddy of mine in law enforcement met Rivera many years ago after he had mad a name for himself investigating a mental health hospital in the NY area. He was always responding to radio calls and became such a PITA they used to send him to other locations on "tips" to get rid of him.

Archived