SASS Wire Forum

What gun would you have custom made if money was no object?

H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

> A pair of consecutive Colt 45's from the custom shop with real ivory grips

> Shiloh Sharps in 45-70 to my specs

> Wilson Combat 1911 45 ACP from the custom shop

> Browning Citori from the custom shop

> Cooper Montana custom in 6.5 x 284

That should hold me for a while.

DREAM ON ------

CK

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pair of AWA Pease Keepers in 38-40 4 5/8 inch barrels

Hard Chromed. checkered ivory grips,

Shotgun Boogie Short Stroke kit

rear notch opened - front sight blade checkered and adjusted to point of aim

low profile hammers.

73 with 24 inch barrel in 38-40

and another with a 20 inch barrel

both with Cowboy and Indians 3rd generation short stroke kits

both with checkered forearms by Clamity Candy

I have a shotgun but my spare would be

Charles Daly 500 in 12 gauge

Barrels cut to 24 inches

triggeres reversed

and a 97 that functions fully and works all the time for wild bunch

(yep - I know that 97 is a fantacy)

Coffee

Competition- Cimarron Lightnings with trigger and guard more like the original- I have to curl my trigger finger 'way 'round, and I think it's makin' me "push" my shots left.

Barbeque guns- true DA Lightnings with updated mechanism.

Hideouts-2" barrel DA as above.

All in .41 Colt, unfluted cylinders so I can have proper full scenes engraved, not just scrolls to fit in between. Ivory stocks. Stainless, so I can FINALLY try BP. Cut down coin front sight.

Lever gun- stocked up to look like an Indian trade Hawken. Mag tube held in "ramrod thimbles".

Shotguns- "Martha, did ya happen to think of my Greeners?". In 16. With hammers.

Edit:

Just reminded by a post below- Hangun pairs in left/right hand.

And barrel sets for the shotgun in coach gun, birding, and waterfowling lengths.

Rifle, .41 also, lever to look like fancy trigger guards of old Kentucky/Hawken/et c.

Fantasy gun? How about a 30mm Gatling gun...with an A-10 attached! ;) Or, how about 9 ea. 16" naval rifles, with the U.S.S. Missouri attached?

I wouldn't mind a Merwin Hulbert .44-40 pocket army. But could really use a sxs hammer double 12 ga. with 28-inch barrels. Also would like to have my OM Vaqueros fitted with XR-3 gripframes and hammers with profiles exactly matching a Colt's SA.

I like the idea of scrimshawed ivory stocked blue Schofields, full engraving in 44 special with the original gas ring on them with an US made 1873 also in 44 special octagonal-round barrel 22" with full engraving with top grade walnut for the wood with some tasteful carving.

A nice pair of Colt 1960s engraved with ivory and since money is no object a pair of 1873 Colts also in 44 Special.

A nice little Purdy would go well with these.

No nickle on mine, thank you.

'Course I would still take my 1860 Piettas, Uberti 1866 and Baikal to the matches.

I can't believe I'm faster that the confuseer.

WHEEEEEEEEE!

Here's some fun for the hot stove.

You have just come into a huge pile of money. You can now afford to have some guns custom made for you. What would you get? Remember, money is no object, so it doesn't have to just be a fancy version of something commercially available. It can be anything you want. Just, since of the forum we are in, "keep it cowboy."

Me, there are 3 things I would go out and aquire.

1. A Volcanic pistol

2. A Volcanic rifle

3. A Left Handed Spencer carbine

All three guns would be slightly modified from their original design to function with modern .38 S&W ammunition.

Any other wishful thinking out there?

First thing I'd have built, and using a local Gunsmith I respect, is a Winchester Model 70 featherweight.

I'd start with a controlled feed version, have the action true'd and made perfect, along with a 3 pound icicle trigger.

Iron peep sights, with a hooded front sight, in caliber .308.

I go back and forth on a mag disconnector - I think I'd leave that out - but would want a stripper clip feed machined in.

Stock in claro walnut, ultra figured, with fine checkering in the grip and on the fore stock. Ebony grip cap with ivory spacer.

Fore-end needes ebony tip to match. Slim recoil pad, but length of pull, rise, comb and over all fit adjusted to my body shape.

Want a barrel with crowning that will deliver three shot accuracy of sub-one-inch at 100yds using a 168 - 175 gr spitzer.

I want a six to six and half pound rifle that will do everything I need to do on this continent. This one will.

Shadow Catcher

first off, I'd like a set of perfectly tuned and matching .38 special (not .357) Ruger Vaqueros, with all the liability wording removed, as well as any other stampings on the frame. then blued like the early Colt Pythons were, and the frames casehardened by Doug Turnbull. aged ivory grips , of course.

next, a deluxe '73 , custom made by Ruger (durability + USA manufactured), super tuned by Jimmy Spurs, and finished by Turnbull as well.

also a '66, also by Ruger, Spurs and Turnbull.

lets not forget a new Browning BSS coach gun, with Turnbull treatment.

while we are at it, a model '97 , race ready and Turnbull finished.

might as well have a trio of gatlings made,...45.70, 30 carbine, and .22LR

Festus

An Ohio Armory BAR in 30-06 selective fire, with the bipod and a bunch of magazines.

A pair of colt custom shop 1873's 4 5/8 bbl's, nickel finish in 44-40 with real ivory grips and inlaid colt gold emblems.

Also, a manufactured in 1958 smith and wesson 44 magnum (pre-29) nickel finshed 4 inch barrel.

Just for grins, here's my list if money was no object, not necessarily custom made, but...

pair of each of the following

ROAs, SS

open tops

Schofields

Original Colts

Modern colts

Complete cowboy guns in 45 LC, 44-40, already have the .357s

Original Winchester 1873

Sharps

Gold cup national match

Ruger SR1911

Bond derrenger with barrels for 45LC/410, .357, .22LR

I guess the only custom I'd get built would be a tricked out left handed AR, while I'm at it might as well have one in .223 and one in .308

Hmmm one gun??

An original peacemaker with an 8 1/2" barrel in. 45 aged ivory grips top of the line case hardened finish.

One set.....

7 1/2" colt 45s in ivory

Original Winchester 87 in 12

Original 73 1 of 1000 rifle

Spencer 56/50 carbine

Remington derringer 41 cal over under

Sharps 45/120

And throw in a brace of colt cloverleafs in 41 too

They don't need to be fancy just reliable and accurate.

I would be happy with a couple of Hamilton Bowen, Elmer Keith No. 5 and sweet leather to carry them in.

See the bottom photo and description in this link.

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/gallery.html

A Gatlin Gun would be nice too.

Jay

Model 'T' Machine Gun

"Out For A Day Of Rabbit Hunting"

That was the caption on this picture of David Marshall Williams aka 'Carbine' Williams, and one of his last projects.

The Model 'T' belt fed .22 calibre machine gun - with cooling fins - and 30+ feet of belted .22.

Plinking just got expensive.

Professor [who already has a 10 barrel, .22 cal. Gatling Gun] Tull

I don't like fancy guns, and custom guns really don't appeal to me either.

A gun I would like to have is one of the shotguns that Robert Ruark hunted with, either stateside or in Africa.

...his books never get old for me.

Here's some fun for the hot stove.

You have just come into a huge pile of money. You can now afford to have some guns custom made for you. What would you get? Remember, money is no object, so it doesn't have to just be a fancy version of something commercially available. It can be anything you want. Just, since of the forum we are in, "keep it cowboy."

Me, there are 3 things I would go out and aquire.

1. A Volcanic pistol

2. A Volcanic rifle

3. A Left Handed Spencer carbine

All three guns would be slightly modified from their original design to function with modern .38 S&W ammunition.

Any other wishful thinking out there?

If "money is not object" then I want one of these:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ww2total.com/images/pages-px300/warships-allies-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ww2total.com/WW2/Weapons/Warships/Warships-US-British.htm&usg=__fBTx1gpBxcSXybZ8oXfWDQciv08=&h=305&w=300&sz=47&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&tbnid=MtleBSt0Pm54xM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=114&ei=HzojT56eG4jjiAK96I39Bw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dus%2Bbattleships%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4ADBR_enUS323US323%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D604%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Dimvns&itbs=1

An original Browning Superposed Diana grade with the best wood I could find, gold inlay with .410, 28, 20 & 12 barrels in a Browning fitted leather case. Who could ask for more :wub:

Winchester 1876, .45-60, 22" octagonal barrel, 3/4 mag covered by forearm, feed cutoff for single feeding or mag use, pistol grip, shotgun buttplate, gold pated front site, Winchester monogram engraved on left sideplate (like 1887), take down action.

Phased plasma rifle in 20 watt range. ;)

Slim, the 20 Watt range is limited to 300 Yards and prey that is neither armored nor dangerous. I suggest the 200 watt range and that you upgrade from phased to triple magnetic phase managed-it really is a much lighter and more effective system

Brace of BP framed Colt SAA, nickled, 7.5 barrels, 44 wcf, engraved with cattle brands registered in 1880's Texas, and carved ivory steerhead grips.

Mirror image left hand 1874 Sharps. 44-77 caliber. Already got the right handed one...just need a mate for it. :)

I have simple tastes: An Original Colt Walker Revolver,Company A

It defines every single revolver that cme after it

Archived