SASS Wire Forum

For 5 minutes - YOU are King/ Queen of SASS

Creeker, SASS #43022

14 hours ago, Sawed-Off said:

Explain it to me like I was 5.

Then don't accuse others of having "a profound misunderstanding" of a rule you can't explain yourself.

Just because I don’t want to waste my time explaining something obvious to you doesn’t mean I’m unable to explain it. It just means explaining it to someone who has already made up their mind isn’t worth the effort.

Since I have no plans to do CAS in Australia I’m fine with you handing out 20 second penalties for imaginary infractions.

Now if you were to travel here and do that you would discover you went thousands of miles just to be overruled. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

You must not shoot Frontiersman so that means you don't get a vote on this one.

Lol!:lol:

I'll fix my earlier 5mins of kingship for yah, increase and enforce a minimum power factor of 100 on center fire ammo.  (Exceptions for senior+ age based categories and 22lr categories)

14 minutes ago, July Smith said:

Lol!:lol:

I'll fix my earlier 5mins of kingship for yah, increase and enforce a minimum power factor of 100 on center fire ammo.  (Exceptions for senior+ age based categories and 22lr categories)

Why?

19 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Why?

Why?  At this point, and on pg 10, because I am king. 

PF has already been hashed out pages ago.  You can disagree, that is fine.  I know PF requirements will not change.  I did not take this thread (or the wire in general) seriously and neither were my original comments.  

39 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If I were King Widder, I would decree a new math equation

to formulate Power Factors.

That should settle that situation.  :D

..........Widder

Hey, clean out your mail box......

Wonder when The Kingmaker (Creeker) is going to start his other post that he talked about? Make it good, oh Kingmaker this one is lagging at a dismal 10 pages.:P

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Wonder when The Kingmaker (Creeker) is going to start his other post that he talked about? Make it good, oh Kingmaker this one is lagging at a dismal 10 pages.:P

Kingmaker? 

Naw, just hypothetical situation maker.

I think, for the most part, folks have had their say on this thread.

I don't believe there is further need to kick the hornets nest.

Even with the SIMPLE - EASY to implement 5 minute limit guidance on this thread; most folks are unable to put forth coherent ideas that would BETTER the game.

A free for all thread to change EVERYTHING would not fare any better and quickly devolve to everybody simply protecting their own interests.

I have many ideas.

I like to think that I could create opportunities for the game to expand and could implement these ideas in a manner that would be equitable and (nearly) painless.

But when every idea, even the most basic is met with entrenched resistance simply because it's not the current method - I think that we are lucky that SASS is a benevolent dictatorship instead of a democracy.

So carry on.

OMG, Brother JEDI Creeker, pulling  the plug on a new, potential CAS salvation thread while it’s still in the womb?? Say it ain’t so!!!:D

23 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I have a standard Starting Line...kinda. I usually incorporate the TO's alias into my line...then there's Panhandle's "Rangers Lead The Way" starting line...just try and tell her she needs to use the Line spelled out in the Stage Instructions :lol:

Wait, so you do say a line. Interesting. :D

And I did say above to attempt the (or a) line, it doesn't have to be exact. If the stage procedure calls on you to say a line, then participate in the scenario by saying a line. I'm sure we all have a standard line we can say.

I know I got some hackles up, but in my opinion, the Spirit of the Game is Rule #1. By the looks of things, I'm alone in that opinion here on the Wire. When I see folks say something like "I don't gotta do something 'cause I drove a couple hours" and a bunch of people agreeing, it tells me there's a lot of Game and not much Spirit.

Again, respectfully. :)

23 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Sawed-Off,

Although rare in our game, whatcha gonna do when

you have a shooter that has a bad studder:

da,da....red,rid,red da dee. (meaning 'Ready')

Gonna give him a SOG because he didn't say the line..... "You're a Low Down Yankee Liar".

Hey.... Don't make exceptions..... Even if he drove 2 hours to the

match, ..... according to your quote: "Lets not drop our standards".

AND according to you, no one gets a pass.

Before you start digging yeowndangself in a hole, ya need to make sure you have a plan to get out.

If not, leave your shovel in the barn.

..........Widder

Widder, firstly, I apologise if it looked like I picked on you or was specifically calling you out. You post was well reasoned and given others agreed, I used it to reply. In answer to you, of course you (I) would compensate for the shooter's ability. Just like we give the hard-of-hearing a tap on the shoulder to start the stage if they ask, you could ask the shooter to just give a nod. We haven't met in person - do you have a bad stutter and struggle to say a line? :o

11 minutes ago, Sawed-Off said:

Widder, firstly, I apologise if it looked like I picked on you or was specifically calling you out. You post was well reasoned and given others agreed, I used it to reply. In answer to you, of course you (I) would compensate for the shooter's ability. Just like we give the hard-of-hearing a tap on the shoulder to start the stage if they ask, you could ask the shooter to just give a nod. We haven't met in person - do you have a bad stutter and struggle to say a line? :o

His worst character traits are his lack of backdownery and his intolerance of ignorance. I blame his being from East Tennessee.

22 minutes ago, Sawed-Off said:

...but in my opinion, the Spirit of the Game is Rule #1. By the looks of things, I'm alone in that opinion here on the Wire.

Have you taken an RO class yet?  If not, may I direct your attention to:

SASS Range Officers 10 “Commandments”
- Safety First
- Keep it fun
- Use common sense
- The benefit of the doubt goes to the shooter
- Treat everyone as you would like to be treated
- Treat everyone equally (Sam Colt made us that way)
- Keep the stage moving (if a problem arises, take it to the side)
- Make sure all posse assignments are covered
- Coach when needed
- Keep it simple

Notice that nowhere does it mention introducing your own preconceived notions.    The 1st rule is Safety First, followed closely by Keep it fun... and 3rd, and here I'll add my own interpretation:  Use Uncommon Good Sense.  Nowhere in the SHB or RO Courses does it state more than "when the shooter indicates ready..."   Some clubs don't even provide a line for the shooter to state.   Every RO I've had will take a simple nod of the head as an indication the shooter is ready.  The old RO I course used to be a bit more direct... Rule # 4 for ROs was "don't be a hardass".  I think the pushback you're experiencing is that by a fair number of folks, you're being perceived as a "hardass".  

38 minutes ago, Sawed-Off said:

We haven't met in person - do you have a bad stutter and struggle to say a line? :o

Stutter...... only when I pass gas..... :P

Actually,  since I was a little kid, and even to this day..... I have a

problem with my 'R's and 'W's.

But, I am deaf thanks to my military service and without hearing

aids, I would not be able to hear the beep even when the timer

is in my ear.   

I do try to say a line, usually I try to mimic The Duke's voice, Pilgrim.

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I do try to say a line, usually I try to mimic The Duke's voice, Pilgrim.

The Duke, huh?  Well I'll be darned!

I always thought you were trying to imitate Ginger...or was it Mary Ann?

:lol:

Howdy,

I don't think I've ever run into a shooter who refuses to say at least "ready", or "shooter ready", or does something to indicate that they are set to "own the stage".   Then I give 'em the beep.   

Do they have to say the prescribed line?  No.   Ain't no such rule.

My alias is McCandless, but many know me as "Duc", and I often quack my line with a duck call.   At a State Championship match, I ran into a T.O. who wanted to give me a P for not saying the line correctly.  A founding member of SASS was on the posse and informed the T.O. in no uncertain terms, that he was wrong.

Don't strain at gnats.  There are larger things to be concerned about when R.O.ing a shooter through the course of fire.

On 11/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If I were King Widder, I would decree a new math equation

to formulate Power Factors.

That should settle that situation.  :D

..........Widder

How about PF = Pie R Squared  or PF = Nanner puddin' R Round

(Just trying to add a little math to the equation that we can all understand) :lol:

Kajun

3 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

How about PF = Pie R Squared  or PF = Nanner puddin' R Round

(Just trying to add a little math to the equation that we can all understand) :lol:

Kajun

Pie are not squared, pie are round.;)

8 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Pie are not squared, pie are round.;)

Cornbread are squared 

4 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Wrong. Cornbread is crumbled up in your beans. :P

That sounds like something someone who puts sugar in their cornbread would do. 

1 minute ago, Buckshot Sheridan said:

That sounds like something someone who puts sugar in their cornbread would do. 

I like a little sugar in my cornbread! And I like it crumbled up in beans, or a cold glass of milk! 

1 minute ago, Tennessee williams said:

Who in the world puts sugar in their cornbread? Yankees?

Wait a minute. Upon further elucidation from the bunkhouse boss, she puts sugar in her cornbread. That being said.

Who wouldn't put sugar in their cornbread? Yankees?

7 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Who wouldn't put sugar in their cornbread? Yankees?

Don't be insulting cornbread.

For all we know, manna from Heaven could have been:

1. beans and cornbread

2. chili and cornbread

3. milk and cornbread

4. cornbread and cornbread

..........Widder

24 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

1. beans and cornbread

2. chili and cornbread

3. milk and cornbread

..........Widder

The End.

27 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

1. beans and cornbread

2. chili and cornbread

3. milk and cornbread

..........Widder

What about corn in cornbread?

4 minutes ago, Cholla said:

What about corn in cornbread?

I like it. The bunkhouse boss makes cornbread pizza. She mixes up her batter like you would any of it with a can of cream corn. She puts half the batter in an iron skillet. Then she puts half a pound of sausage and half a pound of ground beef on (those are both already cooked) along with onions, green pepper, a cup of cheese, and really whatever else you want on it. Then she puts the other half of the batter on top of that and cooks it up like you would reg'lar ole corn bread. Onced it comes out of the oven, you aint American unless'n you put pinto bean juice on it and eat it up.

You're welcome.:ph34r:

Cornbread is an essential ingredient in stuffing/dressing!  A little sugar or some honey is to be greatly appreciated!

I’m not fond of cornbread in any other form or function, but to each his own!!

What I lack in appreciation of cornbread is more than made up for in my appreciation of good sweet iced tea!!

Finally!! What the heck does any of this have to do with how any of you would “improve” SASS?? :blink: :wacko: :lol:

Archived