SASS Wire Forum

Verboten Topics

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Well, the Kamala/gun control topic must have gone sideways and has been pulled. 

Anyone want to talk about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift? :rolleyes:

I have better use of my time then waste it on wannabes. 

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Who are they?

Her I had heard of. I believe she's a singer. Him - no idea. So I looked him up.

He's a football player. Wooooowwwww.

And apparently he and she are dating.

That requires another wooooowwwww.

I sure am glad that I look him up, because I probably could not have survived the night without knowing who he was and that they are a thing.

Well - maybe I could have survived.

43 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Her I had heard of. I believe she's a singer. Him - no idea. So I looked him up.

I sure am glad that I look him up, because I probably could not have survived the night without knowing who he was and that they are a thing.

Yup!

The main reason I know of it is because the Kansas City Chiefs is the hometown team. It’s been all over the news since her August concert here. And then it spilled over into the national media including the Wall Street Journal. It was a focal point of the NFL broadcast of the Chiefs/Bears game on Sunday. LOTS of shots of her and Kelce’s mom in the luxury suite. 

Unlike other celebrities, I’ve nothing snarky to say about either one of them. Hope they’re having fun at our expense. But unfortunately, it’s hard to get away from it. I’ll never understand people’s fascination with this kind of stuff. 

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Forbidden topics?

I thought you were going bring up something controversial like rank points or coning shotgun shells.:D

......... shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  don't mention them out loud ........  :o:(

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Hard to call them wannabes.  Swift and Kelce are at the top of their chosen professions.  

What is their “profession”?

Say what you want about Taylor Swift and I'm not crazy about her music but she writes almost all her songs and has a huge fan base, Kelce is a talented football player. I wish the media would leave them alone already! Kelce comes from a great family and so does Taylor.

44 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

What is their “profession”?

Travis Kelce is a NFL football player (tight end) with the Kansas City Chiefs. He is an 8 X Pro Bowler, 2 X Super Bowl winner with a 14.8 million dollar salary in 2023. He is also a moderate Democrat that says he supports the 2nd Amendment yet agrees with expanded background checks and an so-called assault weapons ban.

Taylor Swift is a singer/songwriter. She sells out every concert and has millions of dedicated fans called "Swifties". She has amassed a personal fortune worth 740 million. She has donated well over 4 million to various disaster funds including the TN fires/floods (different years), Houston TX floods and others. At all cities visited on tour, she donates to various food banks and the like. In 2022 she gave 55 million dollars worth bonuses to entire crew including everyone from roadies to the truck drivers that haul all of the concert equipment. She is a left leaning Democrat (not far left, but not moderate) and has donated to the Democratic Party.

While I do not like either of them, I do respect their excellence in their chosen fields. I could care less about their relationship with each other or any other so called celebrity's life, relationships or self perceived importance/status.

21 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Travis Kelce is a NFL football player (tight end) with the Kansas City Chiefs. He is an 8 X Pro Bowler, 2 X Super Bowl winner with a 14.8 million dollar salary in 2023. He is also a moderate Democrat that says he supports the 2nd Amendment yet agrees with expanded background checks and an so-called assault weapons ban.

Taylor Swift is a singer/songwriter. She sells out every concert and has millions of dedicated fans called "Swifties". She has amassed a personal fortune worth 740 million. She has donated well over 4 million to various disaster funds including the TN fires/floods (different years), Houston TX floods and others. At all cities visited on tour, she donates to various food banks and the like. In 2022 she gave 55 million dollars worth bonuses to entire crew including everyone from roadies to the truck drivers that haul all of the concert equipment. She is a left leaning Democrat (not far left, but not moderate) and has donated to the Democratic Party.

While I do not like either of them, I do respect their excellence in their chosen fields. I could care less about their relationship with each other or any other so called celebrity's life, relationships or self perceived importance/status.

Not a country music fan and ain't watched a pro football game in years, so the allure of those two is lost on me.

What little that I know about her is that she has a history of getting into a relationship, breaks up with the guy and then writes a whole album's worth of wildly popular songs about it.

What guy in his right mind would set himself up for that level of public ridicule?

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

WAIT! You actually looked something up? Let's mark this day on future calendars as Alpo Research Day, and celebrate it. :D

I don't know why this is so surprising to you. I research stuff constantly.

The mark of a good researcher is that he knows where to go to find his information. Whether it's the encyclopedia, or the dictionary, or who's who, or asking on an internet forum.

What you people, that make such a big deal about my questions, don't see is the 98% of other questions I have that I research somewhere besides the Saloon (ACS).

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

What guy in his right mind would set himself up for that level of public ridicule?

Hey the 20th time is a charm :lol:

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don't know why this is so surprising to you. I research stuff constantly.

The mark of a good researcher is that he knows where to go to find his information. Whether it's the encyclopedia, or the dictionary, or who's who, or asking on an internet forum.

What you people, that make such a big deal about my questions, don't see is the 98% of other questions I have that I research somewhere besides the Saloon (ACS).

I've seen some good, thought provoking questions here. Had some good times with them. Especially if I'm drinking! Lol

On 9/28/2023 at 9:00 AM, Cypress Sun said:

Travis Kelce is a NFL football player….Taylor Swift is a singer/songwriter…

Ah…entertainers .  

On 9/27/2023 at 6:46 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Well, the Kamala/gun control topic must have gone sideways and has been pulled. 

Anyone want to talk about Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift? :rolleyes:

No. Next question?

JHC :lol:

you can't have no idea.jpg

Archived