SASS Wire Forum

You are a CAS IF:

Gungadin

You’re watching a video of a SASS shooter on YouTube. When ya hear the miss ya instantly put down one finger. Ya really got it bad if ya hold the finger up at the end of video. 

When your daily carry gun is a Single action and your go to rifle is a Lever action instead of a AR15 .

Very interesting thread. I have a thought:

The other night, something went "bump" outside and I didn't grab my 9mm, I grabbed my SAA clone. After the fact I asked myself why. The response was, "this will be close and its a moonless night, so dark. Grab what you can shoot by instinct"

Turns out it was just a coyote after a rabbit I guess. Both were gone by the time I was out. 

But I think that also says a lot about our sport. I have shot many other disciplines. In those it is more "science". I have found that SASS is more "art" than "science". More so, in other disciplines it seems there is a **** measuring contest. I have not ever seen that at SASS. In fact, its rare to not encounter someone who will mentor you. When that environment exists, you are them empowered to mentor others.

I am rambling, but anyways: when something goes bump in the night and you grab your SAA clone rather than your 9mm race gun.

I think I reached this point about 15 years ago when I was driving away, after the deal went down, and my wife said, We’ll, it’s finally come to this; we’re swapping guns in a Wal-Mart parking lot with someone named Bubba Gomez.”

On 9/15/2023 at 4:33 PM, Mack Hacker, #60477 said:

I think I reached this point about 15 years ago when I was driving away, after the deal went down, and my wife said, We’ll, it’s finally come to this; we’re swapping guns in a Wal-Mart parking lot with someone named Bubba Gomez.”

I started like that.  Both of my long guns were purchased in parking lots.

• 2 months later...

fatm-image-scene-1.jpg.14c6a0f3624b9c5c31c79b8306ca91ad.jpg

If you happen upon a crime scene and want to start picking up the brass! :blush:

On 9/1/2023 at 3:43 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

If your family calls you by your alias instead of your real name.

What!???  Ya'll use aliases?

On 11/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

fatm-image-scene-1.jpg.14c6a0f3624b9c5c31c79b8306ca91ad.jpg

If you happen upon a crime scene and want to start picking up the brass! :blush:

You check to see if they have two in their hat.

• You find yourself in the LGS and ask if they have a second pistol, not to choose from but to buy a pair.
  • You have been known to carry a single action for conceal carry.
  • Walrus ivory is good but elephant is pure decadence and quietly desired.
  • You get really excited when you find a older Marlin that you do not have, yet....
  • "Colt" is not a 4 letter word.
  • You find yourself reading True West at work, digitally.....
  • Your "go to" is a revolver.
  • You firmly believe cowboy guns breed if left undisturbed in the big metal box for 120 days.
  • You make a point of shooting or riding your horse on National Day of the Cowboy on the 4th Saturday in July.
  • And lastly, you know that we need a true Cowboy in the White House.

When you know someone for 20 years and even had dinners with and you don’t know their name on the driver’s license

4 minutes ago, John Ray Davis said:

. . . you used to enjoy cowboy movies, but now all you can see are the inaccuracies. In guns, round count, costuming, language, etc.

Just watching Gunsmoke and Matt got shot by a thug with a rifle that wasn't cocked! They showed it twice before the bang!

Archived