SASS Wire Forum

Police Cars

Subdeacon Joe

Does every other place in the world call 999 except us? I noticed one of those cop cars in the first video says police 999 on the side of it. And I'm pretty sure that in England when you need to call 911 you call 999.

21 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Does every other place in the world call 999 except us? I noticed one of those cop cars in the first video says police 999 on the side of it. And I'm pretty sure that in England when you need to call 911 you call 999.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emergency_telephone_numbers

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/wildlife/countryside/news/a1553/emergency-numbers-in-countries-abroad/

Image result for africa map

• Botswana- 911
      • Chad – Police: 117
      • Ethiopia –  Ambulance: 92, Fire: 93, Police: 91
      • Egypt-  Ambulance: 123, Fire: 180, Police: 122
      • Morocco – Ambulance & Fire: 15, Police: 19
      • Nigeria – 199
      • South Africa: Ambulance: 10177, Police: 10111
      • Tanzania- 112,999
      • Togo- 101
      • Uganda- 112(cellphone), 999(fixed)

Asia

Image result for asia map

• Bhutan- Ambulance: 110, Fire: 112, Police: 113
      • Brunei: Ambulance: 991, Fire: 995, Police: 993
      • Cambodia –  Ambulance: 118, Fire: 118, Police: 117
      • China – Ambulance: 120, Fire: 119, Police: 110
      • Burma/Myanmar, Hong Kong, Macau – 999
      • India – 112
      • Japan, Taiwan-  Ambulance and fire: 119   Police: 110
      • Kyrgyzstan -103
      • Nepal: Ambulance: 228094 Police: 100
      • Pakistan -15
      • Philippines- 166,117
      • Singapore  – Ambulance and fire:995   Police: 999
      • South Korea: Ambulance and fire: 119   Police: 112
      • SriLanka -1691095
      • Thailand- Ambulance and Police: 191 Fire: 199
      • Vietnam – Ambulance: 05, Fire: 08 Police: 03

Central and South America

Image result for central south america map

• Argentinia –  Ambulance and Police: 101, Fire: 107
      • Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, DominicanRepublic, El Salvador– 911
      • Brazil – 192 for ambulance, 193 for fire, 190 for police,
      • Chile – Ambulance: 131, Fire: 132,  Police: 133
      • Colombia– 119
      • Cuba- 26811
      • Falkland Islands, Guyana -999
      • Guatemala – Ambulance and fire: 123   Police: 110
      • Uruguay – 999,911

EuropeImage result for europe emergency numbers

Middle East

Image result for middle east

World Atlas

• Bahrain, Oman, Qatar: 999
      • Iran- Ambulance: 115 Fire: 123  Police: 110
      • Israel – Ambulance: 101 Fire: 102  Police: 100
      • Jordan-  Ambulance: 191 Fire: 193  Police: 192
      • Kuwait -777
      • Lebanon– Fire Brigade: 175, Police: 112, Lebanese Red Cross: 140
      • Saudi Arabia– Ambulance:997 Fire: 998  Police: 999
      • UAE – 999 for Police, 998 for Ambulance, 997 for Fire, 911 for electricity failure

North America

• Bahamas, Barbados, Canada & USA   –911
        • Mexico –  Ambulance: 065 Fire: 068 Police: 060

Oceanic/Pacific:

• Australia – 000
            • Cook Islands-  999 for Police, 998 for Ambulance, 996 for Fire
            • French Polynesia – Ambulance: 15, Fire: 18,  Police: 17
            • New Zealand -111
            • Papua New Guinea – Fire: 110 Police: 000
            • Samoa- 999
            • Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvulu – 911

It was difficult at best to fit all the electronic devices as well as the officers equipment into a full size SUV let alone one of those. What a difference from when I started 

In my community our most exotic police car is a five year old Charge Dodger that was seized in a drug raid.  It's well maintained and is used on daily duties on our streets.....and as a PR machine at many special events.

The Yavapai Apache tribal police has a few Ford and Mercury sedans that are no longer being built.

7 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Whenever I see lights like that, I think of the opening sequence of “Police Squad” and “Naked Gun” movies. ^_^

Vintage goodness. :)

31 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

In my community our most exotic police car is a five year old Charge Dodger that was seized in a drug raid.  It's well maintained and is used on daily duties on our streets.....and as a PR machine at many special events.

The Yavapai Apache tribal police has a few Ford and Mercury sedans that are no longer being built.

The Ford Crown Vic was the finest police car ever!  Shame they’re no longer made. Officers are crammed into midsize sedans and SUVs now with computer monitors, electronics systems, etc. :(

7 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The Ford Crown Vic was the finest police car ever!  Shame they’re no longer made. Officers are crammed into midsize sedans and SUVs now with computer monitors, electronics systems, etc. :(

In my last six years I was assigned the Crown Vic executive edition that had been the chiefs car. I loved that car and hated to turn it in

One of the tribal cops bought a Gran Marquis (Mercury version of the Crown Vic.) for himself.  It's registered in his name, but wears the department colors and they provide maintenance and fuel for it.  Says he never wants to be without one.

the Fremont police ...{Fremont is home bay area Tesla plant }

bought Tesla but they got in chase close to end of shift 

opppppppps the battery died and the Highway patrol  took over 

Interesting. Anyone else find it odd that they need police cars in a country that has no crime and everything is wonderful and perfect?

(sarcasm mode off)

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Interesting. Anyone else find it odd that they need police cars in a country that has no crime and everything is wonderful and perfect?

(sarcasm mode off)

The roads in the Gulf, from city to city, are straight lines and it's not unusual to see high velocity cars like Ferraris and Bugattis tooling along at 120 miles +.   You can't stop them if you can't catch them, although stopping them doesn't always result in anything serious, usually a ticket, unless you're a foreigner then things can get serious.   In the "old days" one kept "bail" money in the vehicle to pay the "fine" on the spot.  Jail out there is not nice, no matter what the videos show.

I remember back in the early 1970's Scottsdale, Arizona, had Bricklin Police Cars.  They were weird because if one was behind you all you could see was the gumball machine light in your rearview mirror.  If it was lit you were in trouble.

unnamed.jpg

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

What kind of car is the first one?

JHC

A Tesla. Don’t know that much about them, but it was all shiny and dressed up for the party. Had to take a picture of it :FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

What kind of car is the first one?

JHC

tesla model S  very quick off the line GFs brother in law sells them  last year I got a test drive one with their go fast package  zero to 60 in the count of 2 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

(sarcasm mode off)

No. They just pull over infidels and any women foolish enough to try to drive.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I did a few ride alongs with our local PD. Each time the officers, who were driving Dodge Chargers, extolled the virtues of the Crown Vic. 

1 hour ago, Derringer Dan said:

A Tesla. Don’t know that much about them, but it was all shiny and dressed up for the party. Had to take a picture of it :FlagAm:

I worked a prison ministry weekend once with a guy had one of those. He took me for a ride and told me all about it. STRANGE ride. Of course it makes little or no sound, like an electric golf cart. Only certain places to charge it, and it didn't have a real great range. He could walk out to the parking lot and push the key fob and the car would come to him. :blink:

JHC

17 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

I worked a prison ministry weekend once with a guy had one of those. He took me for a ride and told me all about it. STRANGE ride. Of course it makes little or no sound, like an electric golf cart. Only certain places to charge it, and it didn't have a real great range. He could walk out to the parking lot and push the key fob and the car would come to him. :blink:

JHC

There are almost silent. Kinda scary when you’re close and they are moving ’cause of the lack of noise. Easy to get run over :o Very strange indeed. 

I'm probably late to this party, but they have started "ghosting" the police cars around here.  In the day time, you don't know they're cruisers until you're right on top of them.  I'm sure the reflective decals help at night

Stealth_Police2.thumb.jpg.0008d7a90c1159fe33c10ddbdead37ee.jpg.

Stealth_Police3.jpg

Stealth_Police4.jpg

Archived