SASS Wire Forum

Busted an 8 year streak.

evil dogooder

I  screwed up.   I went and ended up with a clean match.    The last two stages you could  take a nap between shots I was so slow.

Now back to shooting fast and missing

I think it took me 10 or 12 years for my 1st clean.

And if I remember correctly, it was at the Georgia State, 10 stages.

I was forever on the last stage making sure ALL my shots connected, although

I almost missed my last rifle shot.

Congratulations.   More will come!

..........Widder

Fast & Clean are NOT mutually exclusive.  You can strive to be both!  It's a clear path to Winning!

34 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I thought you weren't going to do that, what in the H3!! were you thinkin' :lol:

Congratulations!

It was hot. We had 11 on the posse  I was the marshal. I didn't realize it until I went to shoot the last stage and the score keeper said "don't screw up your clean match"

11 minutes ago, Griff said:

Fast & Clean are NOT mutually exclusive.  You can strive to be both!  It's a clear path to Winning!

I've  won a bunch of matches.  Just never clean

I broke a lifetime streak today, and put the rifle trigger through my finger. I don't think I want to do that ever again. It hurts. And causes a miss.

Congratulations! Kaya and I both shot a clean match today. She shot Indiana State clean a couple weeks ago and is just showing off now! 

Hey Evil...is this yet another category your wife has you beat...either first or most clean matches???

I can maybe see another award in her future...

16 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

It was hot. We had 11 on the posse  I was the marshal. I didn't realize it until I went to shoot the last stage and the score keeper said "don't screw up your clean match"

Ugh.

What NOT to say to a clean shooter starting the last stage.

When a pitcher has a no-hitter or a perfect game going, that fact is not mentioned in the dugout within earshot of the pitcher.

Well, you could do like me. Haven't had a clean match in many a year. So, at this years State Black Powder Match last weekend, I shot the two day match clean, but, and I say but, on the next to last stage just before the buzzer I changed my mind how I was going to shoot the sequence and sure enough, a "P". So, no real clean match for me. Sure would have liked to of had that clean match for the State Shoot. Gosh darn stuuupid brain fart.

2019 BPS WINNER.jpg

18 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

I  screwed up.   I went and ended up with a clean match.    The last two stages you could  take a nap between shots I was so slow.

Now back to shooting fast and missing

See what happens when you let your mind wander?  Pay attention next time and you'll be back to your old self.

2 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

Hey Evil...is this yet another category your wife has you beat...either first or most clean matches???

I can maybe see another award in her future...

Yep. She had it first and has had the most..  but I'm rubbing off on her.  She has 8 misses and a bunch of times in the mid 20s

• 4 weeks later...

Dang screwed up again.... something is seriously wrong..... twice now they all hit... I think I need to see a doctor

13 minutes ago, Riverboat Red, SASS #71733 said:

I saw the whole thing. It really happened. There was even the Texas Star, snakes, poppers and gophers with the pistol.

Was there someone sitting in the background hitting an anvil with a hammer every time he shot?  Clang clang.

I've had a few clean this year, it's always pretty cool when that happens!! I've never had a clean at a BIG match just at a few locals.;)

I shot my last match clean (also my first match shooting duelist)

On the last stage I took my time and made sure every bullet was going into a target. At the end of the stage, the T.O. commented on how slow I shot that stage. I told him I wasn't about to blow my clean match!

He shot the stage in 41.67 I shoot it 39.72...lol

On 9/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, Yusta B. said:

Speed up a little - you'll get over it soon enough   :)

I won the match by 50 seconds  that's fast enough.  Any more and I wouldn't feel good about it

Archived