Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663

I HATE SNOW!!!

Recommended Posts

Woke up to this crap this morning here in the Tucson area.

 

Photos of our home...:angry:

Mar7uM.jpg

 

YzfUFU.jpg

 

ibient.jpg

 

mWaQok.jpg

 

I HATE SNOW!!!

 

 

.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been watching this storm for two days and it was just hovering over Phoenix with the flow going north over Flagstaff and us, barely moving eastward at all. Flagstaff got a record 36”.

Stupid groundhog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes things Right Pretty ....

 

Have a Cup of Joe ...

 

Jabez Cowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HEY TWEETY!!  Just stay inside and play with the toy soldiers!!  At least you don't need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado Rockies are supposed to play the D-backs today down there.  Saw some batting practice...with the players bundled up like they were in Colorado! :o So much for Cactus League play! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandchildren, my Scouts, my children and I LOVE snow.

 

There's angel making, snowmen, sledding, skiing, snowshoeing, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think of it as frozen sunshine.  At least the snakes, lizards and scorpions are in hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663,

          Since we are sharing pics, took this one when I went home for lunch.

          Enjoyed a cold glass of ice tea and a tuna burrito by the pool. :D

 

20190222_124854.thumb.jpg.af4b3d66703a45089649a2f8d1178f76.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing...

 

Those of us in Seattle who got 10" of snow last week shake our heads at AZ folks complaining about 1-2". :rolleyes:

 

Those back east who routinely get 2-3 feet of snow shake their heads at the wimps in Seattle. <_<

 

And Eskimos in Alaska shake their heads at everyone else! :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

HEY TWEETY!!  Just stay inside and play with the toy soldiers!!  At least you don't need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!! ;)

Well, Dishwater, staying inside and playing with my toy soldiers is exactly what I'm doing.  I hear in N. Alabama, due to all the rain, there are some folks building Arks.

 

My 15mm Napoleonic battle I'm currently fighting on my 8x6 foot table.  It's turn 10.

G94wrS.jpg  

 

IdLxkB.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOPE!!! No arks!  Folks can't find enough gopher wood!!  We HAVE begun training them big ol' channel catfish to pull rafts though.  Proper bridle and bit construction is the key!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’ve been watching this storm for two days and it was just hovering over Phoenix with the flow going north over Flagstaff and us, barely moving eastward at all. Flagstaff got a record 36”.

Stupid groundhog.

I have about 30 inches.  I was going to go to the grocery this morning and my Toyota Tacoma got stuck in the driveway.....After 15 minutes I got it back inside and tried the Impala.  It's still in the driveway.

 

This is the first time in 77 years that I've ever been unable to get out, and I've lived in some serious snow country a time or seven or eight.

 

No mail, no newspaper for two days. As a matter of fact I only got mail twice since last Wednesday. I wonder if this will impress the people whose checks are late this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Funny thing...

 

Those of us in Seattle who got 10" of snow last week shake our heads at AZ folks complaining about 1-2". :rolleyes:

 

Those back east who routinely get 2-3 feet of snow shake their heads at the wimps in Seattle. <_<

 

And Eskimos in Alaska shake their heads at everyone else! :huh:

I've seen "base" at the ski resorts in Utah less than twenty miles from my parents' home that were over 100 inches.

 

Know why I don't live there any more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

87 here in the Melbourne area and lots of Sunshine!  Hoss C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

NOPE!!! No arks!  Folks can't find enough gopher wood!!  We HAVE begun training them big ol' channel catfish to pull rafts though.  Proper bridle and bit construction is the key!!!

Use the BIG hooks, Backwater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Tuscon looking like that Christmas morning 1987.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Funny thing...

 

Those of us in Seattle who got 10" of snow last week shake our heads at AZ folks complaining about 1-2". :rolleyes:

 

Those back east who routinely get 2-3 feet of snow shake their heads at the wimps in Seattle. <_<

 

And Eskimos in Alaska shake their heads at everyone else! :huh:

We live in Tucson so we don't HAVE to deal with snow. In the Summer, WE laugh at people crying about 90 degree weather when we have 105 degree days.:D

As for the snow, I was working, driving a TRUCK all day!:angry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:   Mud Marine.....  you forgot to mention there is also "shoveling"....:D

And shivering

 

Imis News just said we are within 1/4 " of record rainfall for Feb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

And shivering

 

Imis News just said we are within 1/4 " of record rainfall for Feb

 

Yeah!!  And it’s pouring rain now in monsoon proportions and there are more rain and violent storms predicted for this afternoon and tonight!

 

 I need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

 

Yeah!!  And it’s pouring rain now in monsoon proportions and there are more rain and violent storms predicted for this afternoon and tonight!

 

 I need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!!

 

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

And shivering

 

Imis News just said we are within 1/4 " of record rainfall for Feb

 

 

Wonder how close we are to a repeat of 2010?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

 

 

Wonder how close we are to a repeat of 2010?

 

 

 

It’s borderline.  Fortunately, the Corps of Engineers is on top of it this time and they have been releasing water below major cities and holding water above them for more than a week now.  The good thing is that in having done so, they have created some room to regulate the passage of flood water by completely closing some dams while allowing others to run much more flow than normal.

 

 The short answer is that they weren’t caught off guard this time! That gives us a much better chance to manage the problem from every angle.

 

 The situation would even be more manageable if it weren’t for the Snail Darter!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me about it Blackwater.

I'm away from home and the Corps is trying to sink my dock.

0222191016.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birdgun, it's gonna be 80 today in Alabama.:P

 

 

Blackwater,

 

For draft work like hauling barges, Blues or Flatheads would be better than Channels.  Channels usually don't get big enough.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

 

Yeah!!  And it’s pouring rain now in monsoon proportions and there are more rain and violent storms predicted for this afternoon and tonight!

 

 I need a rowboat to get to the mailbox!!

Damn global warming!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

BQ - Tucson's finest are on top of things:

 

 

Now that was funny!  Nice to see our local police involved in good natured humor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the meantime, Tennessee has set a new record rainfall mark for the month, they have issued a statewide emergency, and it’s still monsooning!

 

You can send that snow over here! We’ll swap it for some of this rain now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

In the meantime, Tennessee has set a new record rainfall mark for the month, they have issued a statewide emergency, and it’s still monsooning!

 

You can send that snow over here! We’ll swap it for some of this rain now.

Maybe you should get on the internet and order some gopher wood. :huh:

 

CmJW1B.jpg

 

Can I get a sub sandwich?

 

 

 

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.