SASS Wire Forum

OFFICIAL BLACK GOLD aftermath Thread.....

Widder, SASS #59054

For the record, Black Gold didn't really happen this weekend.

For the record, all pictures are not real... obviously photo shop stuff.

For the record, any malicious stories are 'fake news'.....

Now for the other news:

Thanks to Joe & Bo and all the Jarvis Klan.   "Hard Work" must be their middle name.

The ONLY thing missing this weekend was ice cream.   An Ice Cream vendor could have sold 1000+ ice cream bars this weekend at the Pondersa Pines.   Weather was perfect.   Well, maybe a little warm for some folks.   But NO RAIN.

Although I cleaned the match, I honestly had to think my strategy on a few of the stages.   Some were a little different than I was use to but all were fun and VERY hittable.

POSSE 10 was at its best.  We were full up with good, fun folks (family).   Some young whippersnapper from the Vaquero klan was the head cat herder and did a great job.  

So many good people and friends that this match actually feels more like a family reunion.  

Another BIG THANK YOU to the Ponderosa Pines and all those workers who really made this a great weekend for many of us.

..........Widder

Widder,  it was great to finally get to shake your hand and tell you thanks in person for all your help.  That was one objective of the trip.  

We visited with folks from our own area and people we'd met before and met new people.  We bought some bullets and traded guns at the swap meet.  

The range was great.   We came away with ideas that we can try on our home range. 

The only small change I'd suggest is to hold it in the fall when the leaves are at their peek colors. 

Have to agree with Widder, posse 10 was the best posse going.  Jake did a wonderful job keeping us all on the straight and narrow.

Both Foxy and I must also thank the entire posse for tolerating and putting up with Black Diamond Nicki, she can get pretty wild at times.

This was especially a great match for Foxy, as she actually got to shoot it this year.  Last year she fractured her shoulder the night before the shoot.

Thanks Joe and Bo, and all the other wonderful workers, for allowing all us crazy cowboys to invade your property once a year.  Looking forward to next year.

Cardboard Cowboy, Foxy Filly and Black Diamond Nicki

15 minutes ago, Big Six Henderson #16594 said:

Deuce shooting "full" black powder loads was a sight to behold. Wish I'd taken pics. 

Gotta do something to "slow down the fast shooters".    :rolleyes:

Dang....sure wished we coulda made this BG shoot.....Chootin Cheryl had her knee replaced and I have to nurse her back to health and back to her "good natured" self.

I still say I coulda won the Pelvis contest.....next year ya'll....next year.

Kajun

Thanks to all who had a hand in presenting this year's Black Gold! The names are too many to try to mention.

What happens at Black Gold is supposed to stay at Black Gold, but.....Elvis WAS seen at the match several times!

No, really!

Harley.

This was only my fourth Black Gold and I have more fun every-time I go. Thanks to posse 10, great bunch of folks to hang out with.

Thanks to the all the people who made all possible again, you did a great job.

Brisket and I had a great time at Black Gold.  Thanks to all the folks that put so much work into this party.  It was non-stop fun.  Oh, and there was a shooting match thrown in there somewhere too.

First trip will return. Need another crack at Hillbilly Spelling Bee. Fun had by all. Thanks Widder for working on my Marlin . Thanks Joe and crew for a Great match.

Outstanding fun!!  Serious shooting!! Lifelong memories!!

It WAS hot however, heat is part of the lore of Black Gold!

Thank you Copperhead Joe, Miss Bo, Boots & Rose for your hospitality!

Big Hugs,

Scarlett

What a fabulous time we had! Copperhead, Whisky, and the Pondarosa Pines family  made us feel right at home  from the minute we drove in. We will be back to see if we can prevail at the hillbilly games. Does anybody know where I can find a used big wheel?

CR and DD 

I hate it's over.  Now, nothing to look forward to 'til it's time to head to the Badlands.

Huge thanks to Bo & Joe, Whiskey Creek & Iron Maiden, Monica, Boots & Miss Rose, everybody on Posse 2, the Cookin' Posse, Blackwater & Milkbone & everybody else who contributed to the fun.

There is little else that is more difficult than leaving Ponderosa Pines. This year was no different. The good times at Black Gold will be played over and over in my memory and the people there will always hold a special place in my heart.

Special thanks to Copperhead Joe and Whiskey Creek Johnson for supporting my crazy idea of giving away Bullets. That was a lot of fun.:P

Thanks to Lickskillet for the long term loan of something I actually like.:lol:

Thanks to the hard workers (Titus, Cash, Ringer and others I did not see) for their efforts.

Got to meet Noz!

Tombstone and Becky, always great to see you both. I still have $3 dammit.

Happy that I will cross paths with some of you again over the course of the year. I look forward to that.

Special thanks to Copperhead Joe and Miss Bo for opening your property to us.

I am back in Florida now with great plans for the future. See you again at BLACK GOLD 2018.

Waimea

Mrs Waimea had a great time too. Thanks to all the ladies who showed her a terrific time.

Several videos on Facebook. Thank you all for coming. Now, getting started on next years theme, hum. 

Some are probably more grateful than others that there aren't videos of somethings... I'm thinking team match...

Cowboy Rick, checkout thrift stores or children's consignment stores - you'll have a FLEET of Big Wheels for next year!

Scarlett

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

For the record, Black Gold didn't really happen this weekend.

For the record, all pictures are not real... obviously photo shop stuff.

For the record, any malicious stories are 'fake news'.....

Now for the other news:

Thanks to Joe & Bo and all the Jarvis Klan.   "Hard Work" must be their middle name.

The ONLY thing missing this weekend was ice cream.   An Ice Cream vendor could have sold 1000+ ice cream bars this weekend at the Pondersa Pines.   Weather was perfect.   Well, maybe a little warm for some folks.   But NO RAIN.

Although I cleaned the match, I honestly had to think my strategy on a few of the stages.   Some were a little different than I was use to but all were fun and VERY hittable.

POSSE 10 was at its best.  We were full up with good, fun folks (family).   Some young whippersnapper from the Vaquero klan was the head cat herder and did a great job.  

So many good people and friends that this match actually feels more like a family reunion.  

Another BIG THANK YOU to the Ponderosa Pines and all those workers who really made this a great weekend for many of us.

..........Widder

I agree with everything you said. Although you fat fingered the keyboard and put a "0" after the 1. Posse 1! lol

Me 'n' Schoolmarm had a fabulous time at Black Gold, as usual, this year!!  

I got to spend time with old friends, meet some new friends, and entertain a bunch of the best cowboys/cowgirls in the world!!

The guys in the band are y'all's biggest fans!!  

Can't wait 'til next year!!! 

Somehow, I missed meeting Warden Calloway and Capt. Bill Burt!!  We shall remedy that situation next time...

Thanks, for all the kind words. If you couldn't tell my Dad and  Mom look forward to this match as much we do. Even if Mom made a grand entrance during the shoot off. She said "I  waited tell they where not shooting before I drove though" I guess you can get away with that if you own the place. Anyway thanks to everyone that came to see us, see you next year.

Now business, I need anyone with any suggestions of how we can make this a better match to let us know. Email us, put it on the wire I don't care how you let us know just please let us know. I may not listen ( hard headed  you know ) but let us know. I know we shotgun target  issues I am working on that now.

Well.......   You could do it twice a year, but most of us wouldn't survive and you'd work yourselves to death!!

On 7/20/2017 at 10:02 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Me 'n' Schoolmarm had a fabulous time at Black Gold, as usual, this year!!  

I got to spend time with old friends, meet some new friends, and entertain a bunch of the best cowboys/cowgirls in the world!!

The guys in the band are y'all's biggest fans!!  

Can't wait 'til next year!!! 

Somehow, I missed meeting Warden Calloway and Capt. Bill Burt!!  We shall remedy that situation next time...

We definitely will!  

This is is a must shoot match! I wish I hadn't waited so long to attend. Now to get my reservation in at the only hotel in Manchester!

ICE CREAM SAMICHES.    The freezer needed to have Ice Cream Samiches.

mmmmmmmmmmm, tasty.    You could have sold 1000 of them last weekend.

..........Widder

Hum, ice cream! Brilliant idea! Now we need to talk to Mayfield. So if we have ice cream, we might have to cut something out. Maybe, moonshine, beer?

6 hours ago, ironmaiden said:

Hum, ice cream! Brilliant idea! Now we need to talk to Mayfield. So if we have ice cream, we might have to cut something out. Maybe, moonshine, beer?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well, we did have Dairy Queen as a sponsor, I think they have ice cream type products, just a thought. That does sound pretty good though.

On 7/22/2017 at 0:01 PM, ironmaiden said:

Hum, ice cream! Brilliant idea! Now we need to talk to Mayfie Ild. So if we have ice cream, we might have to cut something out. Maybe, moonshine, beer?

I vote for DQ Snickers Blizzard.

Waimea

Archived