SASS Wire Forum

are you one?

I have not bought a new firearm in some time. Just bought two in the last few weeks. Did not have a AR in 308 so my wife made me get one.

I am hoping and thinking this is just all hype from BHO but who knows.

With background checks at an all time high, just wondering if I am the only one out there a little paranoid and let my emotions and wife dictate a new firearm? She made me do it - you all should know ...

As I get older, every year I tell myself I do not need more guns, especially after giving at least one stuffed gun safe full to my two adult boys. However, not to be left out, I never owned one of those black rifles and decided to spite our President, I had to have one so I bought one in 223/5.56 caliber a couple of weeks ago.

Your not alone. If you don't feel a little paranoia regarding your gun rights, I'd wonder what is wrong with you?

As I type this I'm watching, Obama explain why he's unconstitutionality changing our 2nd amendment rights. He won't address gang violence, mental disorders, terrorists or illegal gun sales! Just how he'll deny you and me from firearm ownership!! shameful!

I just sold a nice Ruger mini-14 because I never shoot it. I had it for 2 years and shot it once! I had a Bushmaster and sold it because I only shot it once in 5 years! I can't talk myself into buying something that I never shoot. I have a Mosin-Nagant so if the ^&%$ hits the fan, so to speak, I'll at least have that in 5.62 x 54, what a nasty round that is! ;)

Guilty as charged. Although I already own two other "black rifles", I just ordered my first AR 15 build kit. I'm very happy with the way the rifle came out. I don't know what it's like in your "neck of the woods", the gun stores by us are doing a booming business.

would send pictures your way but already I lost one when my duck boat sank

I have had that same problem...Mine was at Lake Tahoe...Lost a bunch when crossing over it...All I could do getting to shore dragging my wheelchair...I don't know what happened...The boat just sank....Wish my wife told me get one of them...Don't have anything in them new fancy stuff...

TL

I have not bought any firearms at all since last year. ^_^

Guess I'm going to have to remedy that.

I have a few guns, primarily hunting arms that I haven't shot in 20 years! I'd like to sell them at my local gun show. Colorado law already specifies that ALL gun sales, private or at a gun show MUST have the buyer go through a background check, both NICS and CBI (to check for domestic violence prohibitions within the state). I do NOT sell guns as a business. Under Obama's new executive action, does that mean I have to have an FFL? And how does one get an FFL without a storefront, when one's place of residence is not zoned for a storefront? And what happens when I die or my estate has to sell whatever guns I own? All questions that the "executive action" leave unclear! Does Colorado law, which is restrictive, override Federal laws, if the guns are NOT sold in interstate commerce? :unsure::unsure::unsure::angry::angry::angry:

The modern Democrat proposition is that banning/limiting the rights of law-abiding citizens will make us all safer. It does nothing of the sort but they don't care. It's all about control. Hilary will do the same and those that have no thought process beyond the sound bites will continue to support the Liberal lies.

Obama showed his colors when he spoke at the DNC in 2004. It has been very easy to learn what a snake in the grass he was/is at least that far back. His actions speak volumes.

The last part of what Forty Rod said x infinity.

Quote of the year, so far. :D

I told myself no more guns this year (placing an order for a set of Colts that won't be finished until 18-24 months doesn't count haha). I bought way too many last year. So instead, I will be upgrading or customizing the ones I have. I just bought a pair of elk grips for my 1911. As for black plastic guns, they don't appeal to me. And as for the blank hitting the fan, well no amount of guns, plastic or otherwise, will come close to matching the US army fire power.

I told myself no more guns this year (placing an order for a set of Colts that won't be finished until 18-24 months doesn't count haha). I bought way too many last year. So instead, I will be upgrading or customizing the ones I have. I just bought a pair of elk grips for my 1911. As for black plastic guns, they don't appeal to me. And as for the blank hitting the fan, well no amount of guns, plastic or otherwise, will come close to matching the US army fire power.

Not worried about the US Army firepower, worried about the looters that think they have a right to my food, water, family, etc...

Black guns appeal to me in that some were banned and may be again before King Barry is done.

I do believe the US Army will take the side of WE the People. Not really worried about them - they are out gunned and out manned by the US hunting population in alot of states. I have talked to a few recent vets they are aware and also very concerned. Talk to some of the 'Nam vets and they are almost radical. No wonder BHO fears that bunch. For the most part Too old to fight and to tired to run = dangerous.

I do believe the US Army will take the side of WE the People. Not really worried about them - they are out gunned and out manned by the US hunting population in alot of states. I have talked to a few recent vets they are aware and also very concerned. Talk to some of the 'Nam vets and they are almost radical. No wonder BHO fears that bunch. For the most part Too old to fight and to tired to run = dangerous.

+10 on that. kR

The worst part of this executive order is that it creates an FBI data base of mentally unstable people that will be referenced by the background check process. And all the Obamacare doctors (eventually maybe all doctors) can (or must) report any patient deemed mentally unstable to that data base without the patient's knowledge and without right of appeal.

So some activist doctor (perhaps to garner favor or eventually some financial reward through Obamacare) can start reporting people at will. Once you are in that database, what are the chances you can get out of it?

Once you are in that database, what are the chances you can get out of it?

Slim to none without the slim.

Really it's not about guns, it's about making executive orders that bypass Congress, and setting up future Presidents to make a lot more laws by executive order. This is the camel's nose under tent.

See Chris Stirewalt's column on Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/05/obamas-small-ball-on-guns-could-be-big-deal.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Hope it's OK to post a link.

I have the defense firearms I really feel like I need but I did buy a few more guns for Cowboy because I worried that recent events and potential executive orders might end up creating and issue. While I know that it won't hit the guns needed for SASS it is possible that eventually the fear might get to them.

I got a new six shooter for Christmas. Always need a spare. Pietta with plastic grips and color casehardening. I like it.

Guns? I don't own any guns. I just am in this WIRE for the good friends and good conversation.

Got me one of them black rifles a couple years back. S&W M&P 15 OR with a Trijicon sittin on top. Even bought some bullets fir it. Ain't no lever on the dog gone thing. Never could figger out how ta git the bullets in it.

bought a half dozen this past year and parted with half that many , i bought one new years day this year as well , but i think my wife will claim this one so yes , i may be one ,

Haven't yet, but in the next 30 days There will most likely be a new black rifle in the safe and a new trust with one or two NFA items (supressors) in process. I've always wanted to own a can to play with, now I have an excuse.

Always wanted to invest in a genuine Vietnam era M16A1 or M14 with the giggle switch as a colector piece but alas, thats probably too far fetched, besides I'd be too worried about breaking it to enjoy it and God knows I couldn't resist running a few mags through either! Sure, they're not a pretty as a Shiloh Sharps, not as elegant as a genuine Springfield or Colt 1873, but from an investment standpoint the Full Auto firearms are hard to beat.

I have not bought any firearms at all since last year. ^_^

Guess I'm going to have to remedy that.

Likewise. Withdrawals are killin' me!

I've actually got a nice Stag Arms AR I have had for over 3 years that gets oiled and put back and only shot 2 magazines of rounds thought it, so since it never gets shot I'm gonna get rid of it and get me a 66 in 45 Colt that I can use in CC. If it don't get shot, why keep it lol

BD

Archived