SASS Wire Forum

Hateful Eight

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, I wouldn't watch a pirated version either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::wacko::wacko::blink::blink::excl::excl:

My son is a police officer and it'll be a cold day in hell before I pay to see any movie Taranitino is associated with making.

Though it may be a really good movie, we are passing on this too. We aren't putting money in Tarantino's pockets or anyone who calls any LEO a murderer...even with an apology. Tarantino said it with convention. He meant it and I don't believe he will apologize with the same convention. Knot's a retired LEO and you can bet he's not going.

Though it may be a really good movie, we are passing on this too. We aren't putting money in Tarantino's pockets or anyone who calls any LEO a murderer...even with an apology. Tarantino said it with convention. He meant it and I don't believe he will apologize with the same convention. Knot's a retired LEO and you can bet he's not going.

If you saw what Tarantino said late yesterday it was not an apology at all. He says his words are being misrepresented. Yeah, right. I think what he said was pretty clear. I know I will not be seeing the movie but I sure wish it hadn't been a western that was caught in the middle of this.

On a positive note, looking forward to meeting you, Slowhand Bob and others next week at the Regional!

CB

Hate to be the wet blanket, but when I see a character in a western movie set 140+ years ago wearing sunglasses, I'm out. One of the many things that ruined "Wyatt Earp" for me.

AND Tarantino's Hollywood spewing has turned me off of any of his work.

I made the same comment on another post about this. I am a cop and I'm still going to go see it. I personally put no stock in, nor do I lose sleep over, anything any one from Hollywood says about me or mine.

I made the same comment on another post about this. I am a cop and I'm still going to go see it. I personally put no stock in, nor do I lose sleep over, anything any one from Hollywood says about me or mine.

And on a personal note you shouldn't care what that A$$ says. You know who you are and what you stand for. But unfortunately many listen to these people and they vote, run the PTA , coach and teach children etc. Doing your job is difficult. Doing it without the publics support will be near impossible. Society has swung 180 to where the criminals have more rights than the victims. So for the easily swayed to hear this idiot and take hold of that can and will make an unfavorable difference in the ability for all LEOs to do their job. MW

If you saw what Tarantino said late yesterday it was not an apology at all. He says his words are being misrepresented. Yeah, right. I think what he said was pretty clear. I know I will not be seeing the movie but I sure wish it hadn't been a western that was caught in the middle of this.

On a positive note, looking forward to meeting you, Slowhand Bob and others next week at the Regional!

CB

See you soon, CB

Its not new, the transition between the good guys and the bad guy started out in Hollywood when I was still a young guy. I barely remember the time any more when there was a clear distinction between a Roy Rogers and a Billy The KID at the movies. We have been conditioned for many decades for some reason but their goal of blurring the line must be pretty much complete. It now causes most of us great angst when given choices that would have been clear to our forbears. Darn I was really looking forward to seeing the movie, big Russell fan here!

Its not new, the transition between the good guys and the bad guy started out in Hollywood when I was still a young guy. I barely remember the time any more when there was a clear distinction between a Roy Rogers and a Billy The KID at the movies. We have been conditioned for many decades for some reason but their goal of blurring the line must be pretty much complete. It now causes most of us great angst when given choices that would have been clear to our forbears. Darn I was really looking forward to seeing the movie, big Russell fan here!

+1. Last week I went to see a truly strange western starring Kurt Russel. Not widely released but has gotten good reviews. It's called Bone Tomahawk.

If you don't like the hateful eight, Don't forget about the ridiculous six

I'll surely see this one. Gotta be better than A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Hateful 8? I hope some of the cast speaks up about it. I'd like to hear some PRO Law Enforcement dialogue coming from Hollywood sometime.

I'll watch. I learned long ago not to get my political knowledge from celebrities. And truth is, if I stop watching movies made by or produced by people that I disagreed with on one thing or another, then I wouldn't have any movies left to watch. But I won't fault those that choose to boycott the film either. I do believe that if people spent more time holding their politicians as accountable as their celebrities, we would probably have a lot better politicians and fewer of the celebrity rags. But that's just my opinion. As for the movie, well the casting looks great, and as pointed out, some pretty cool lines.

+1

This is why I try to avoid any kind of news relating to Hollywood at all. I simply can't enjoy a movie starring or directed by some far left scumbag. I'd rather not know their position at all, but they make it so hard to do so by spouting their vitriolic nonsense aided by the delusion that their fame garnered from being professional big screen liars makes their opinions in any way valid.

I'll also never understand how someone can be both anti-gun and anti-authority. Protesting and screaming about the evils of law enforcement and politics, while also protesting and screaming about the means with which to resist tyrannical politicians and their enforcers. But there I go again, trying to apply reason and logic to those types.

Some of you will think its garbage but looks pretty entertaining to me, can't wait and guns and costumes look better than Django http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/12/9142125/quentin-tarantino-the-hateful-eight-first-trailer

I like most of his movies, but after that loud mouth went cop bashing in New York and licked the boots of inner city dirt bags, to hell with him and his movies.

Original plans were to go in costume and see Hateful 8, now that Quentin has come out with his statements on our law enforcement officers our group won't be going. I voicing my displeasure with him with my wallet. Save the money and tell this Hollywood jerk, your an idiot!

TB

Some of you will think its garbage but looks pretty entertaining to me, can't wait and guns and costumes look better than Django http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/12/9142125/quentin-tarantino-the-hateful-eight-first-trailer

I don't care for Tarantino's stand on Law Enforcement. Especially when he turns out bloody garbage like his films.

I heard his apology and it sucked. He didn't say anything different except that he wasn't talking about all cops which is baloney. All he did was double down so he ain't getting any of my money.

one day i may feel different but not today - while he has the same right to free speech as any other individual [bigots included] - we all have the right to not listen to anything they have to say - or see their movies - i choose not to

Talked with a retired LEO this morning and he was a bit upset over Mr T until I told him about the apology. I him Mr T was talking about all cops but him!! I can not believe that any LEO and their families would not take the way he framed his words as an in the face personal attack.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the pleasure to shoot with current and retired LEO's. Remember this individual and his Hollywood buddies would love to see the 2nd amendment be marginalize. If this movie is a success then this will embolden him and his elitists buddies to get more radical in views on how they think the country should be. The one of the things that get their attention is when flow of money is less than expected. Also the owners of the studios ( elitists also ) don't want to lose money and they will not want to hire someone that could lose money for them.

just my .02

Nawlins

Archived