SASS Wire Forum

Hateful Eight

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Some of you will think its garbage but looks pretty entertaining to me, can't wait and guns and costumes look better than Django http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/12/9142125/quentin-tarantino-the-hateful-eight-first-trailer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I hear a bunch of good "starting Lines" that one could steal from that movie. And that was just the trailer.

Think I hear a bunch of good "starting Lines" that one could steal from that movie. And that was just the trailer.

"One of you moves, you're gonna get a bullet. Not a warning, not a question, a bullet"

How could you not see this one?

CR

Some of you will think its garbage but looks pretty entertaining to me, can't wait and guns and costumes look better than Django http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/12/9142125/quentin-tarantino-the-hateful-eight-first-trailer

I was thinking the same thing Deuce... I don't care for Quentin Tarantino movies but this one looks pretty good..

Sign me up!!!! With a cast like Russell, Goggins Jackson and Dern being set up by Tarantino it's looking real good!

On a side note anyone know what happened to the Western "Hardin" that was suppose to be released back in July???

Looks good. I know one thing after watching this trailer, I'm getting some dingle balls for my hat!

I misread the dingle "balls" for a minute there.

I hope someone is wearing designer jeans in the movie so this board will explode.

"The truly unique aspect of Cowboy Action ShootingTM is the requirement placed on authentic period or western screen dress. Each participant is required to adopt a shooting alias appropriate to a character or profession of the late 19th century, or a Hollywood western star, and develop a costume accordingly. "

+3,or is it 4? 5? 6? Heck whatever I'm in! Can't wait, love Tarantino's flix's!

• 2 months later...

Not sure I will look, as I do not care for him calling our police departments across the country murderers! And even if he apologizes, which I doubt he will mean, I still probably won't go. Yes i would support new westerns, but not the politics of the creators. But won't fault the rest of you either if you do go, just my stance on him.

Nimble Fingers

I wish some of the actors in the film would speak out but maybe they feel the same way. I hope not.

I agree with you Nimble, I won't fault anyone who does go. I just don't think I can support him.

Been in Law Enforcment for over 30 years and freely admit we are not perfect but to call us murderers, well that goes too far.

Seen too many of my sisters and brothers behind the badge get killed in the line of duty to support someone who makes a staement like that then glorifies killing in his movies.

Like to see him work a radio car for a week and see how he feels then.

Thanks for letting me vent. Probably should have moved this to the saloon.

I have never been one to advocate boycotting. However this situation has caused me to rethink that position. Between Quention's rabid anti-gun positions, his absolute refusal to accept any responsiblity for the impact of his violent films on the culture and his attacks on the police I may not go no matter how good the movie may be.

I'll watch. I learned long ago not to get my political knowledge from celebrities. And truth is, if I stop watching movies made by or produced by people that I disagreed with on one thing or another, then I wouldn't have any movies left to watch. But I won't fault those that choose to boycott the film either. I do believe that if people spent more time holding their politicians as accountable as their celebrities, we would probably have a lot better politicians and fewer of the celebrity rags. But that's just my opinion. As for the movie, well the casting looks great, and as pointed out, some pretty cool lines.

I aint no dang cop but I shore hope one is around when I let me mouth overload me butt again. Think I will set this one out and watch Quigly Down Under again. Figure them what allow they are tuff enuff not to need a cop or either just prefer the other side,,, but, none of my business either way! The line in the sand seems to get lonelier and sharper as time goes by though.

Tarantino movies are off my to do list same as Liam Neeson movies.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Harvey Weinstein, the producer, is very upset with Tarantino and wants him to apologize. Close friends to Tarantino said late yesterday that he will be apologizing soon. With over 1000 (and growing) law enforcement groups now part of the boycott, success of the movie is now unlikely. I hate to see this because Tarantino is simply WRONG but unfortunately it is a western film that is right in the middle of it. This one could have been really big and I believe would have helped more full budget westerns to be made. Django would have done better if not for all the comments Jamie Foxx made leading up to its release. Sure wish some big budget westerns could be made by people who do not shoot themselves in the foot before the movie comes out.

CB

There are apologies and then there are apologies. If Tarantino were to get up and publicly say "I was wrong and I am sorry for what I said" that would be an apology. If he says anything it is more likely to be the typical apology from the elitists, "I apologize to anyone that was offended by my comments." Which is not an apology but rather a back handed attack on the people that don't agree with him.

Larson - I agree. Even if the words are right I question that it cannot be sincere. I wish this all was the lead up to a different movie.

CB

Archived