SASS Wire Forum

I RETIRE TODAY: 2.27.15

Widder, SASS #59054

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! Now you will be paid NOT to go to work! A great feeling :D

Congrats. Enjoy the free time , it should last about two weeks. My father in law retired a few years back and now he wouldn't have time for a full time job if he wanted it. Any big plans you've been holding onto for this time?

Congratulations Widder, I am jealous and very proud to call you a friend. I am sure Lady T will be glad to help you set up an email account, if you have a smart phone you probably already have one and just don't know it.

Congratulations buddy! You made it! Will always look forward to shooting with you.

…Too Tall...

Congratulations Widder. Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have mine. I started my 24th year of retirement this past Janurary 1 st. Hope yours lasts as least that long.

RBK

Congrats, I pulled the plug last May and am just getting back to shooting regularly. I had to work Saturdays, so my local clubs 2 monthly matches were a mile away and I drove by them to get to work. Retirement is better. Enjoy, enjoy.

Retirement means changes I retired 1mar 2002 from the usaf and it was my only retirement as I had several aliments that prevented a second career. I learned that you don't have to leave the homestead everyday that if you slow down on the miles driven a month, cut out the daily lunches out, and the clothes needed for work that retirement can be very inexpensive. Then I found CAS and the costs went up eventually I aquired more than enough guns to shoot any category in sass that the wilm would hit me. Then it just the ammo and match fees plus transportation costs. Wider you are ahead of me there. You've got the guns, you know about the ammo and match expenses. You also have your sideline income and if you wanted you could make the matches a business expense for taxes. Welcome to the do what you want crowd.

Congratulations Widder;

Now you have ONE less reason not to come North and take me up on my offer to pay yer

shoot fee and dinner to shoot our "Catus Flats" shoot in your choice of either the May or October two day event.

Jabez Cowboy

Congratulations! I will join you in retirement in about 10 years.

And I'm only 10 years behind you.

Congrats Widder. Now I'm going to have to buy myself a nice marlin to send your way to turn into a widdermatic since you'll have all this free time now haha.

Congratulations to one grand Pard!

Widder and I have been having lunch together for over 10 1/2 years. We've spent many hours discussing the ins & outs of SASS,CAS, speed shooting the '97 and the operation of the Marlin rifle. Lunch time won't be the same without Widder, I'll surely miss him. We had our last at work lunch together today at Calhoun's on the River. Best wishes pard for a rewarding & pleasurable retirement.

Vaya con Dios,
Keystone

CONGRATULATIONS.....TO MEOWNDANGSELF !

..........Widder

+1

Frenchy

If any of you Pards and Pardettes have been using my email (work) to contact me during the past few years, it will no longer be valid.

I don't have a new email yet except for those who have contacted me thru my daughters email.

Please, for future contacts, just send me a PM.

YEEHAW! I may find time to actually PRACTICE alittle this spring and summer.

HEY KORUPT KARL: this doesn't mean that you still can't call me everyday. You have my home phone #.

..........Widder

Congratulations!

Archived