SASS Wire Forum

I RETIRE TODAY: 2.27.15

Widder, SASS #59054

Congrats Widder!

I keep talking about it, but then I find something else I want to buy and it's back to the salt mines to make some more dough.

Can't balance the wants with retirement.

NN

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, I retired 8 days ago. My first morning of retirement seen me strapping on my guns at Cowtown and it is the 8th straight day of shooting since, now at Winter Range. Its great

Congrats Widder---It's amazing how much you have to do when you don't have to go to work. Makes you wonder how you used to get anything done. I went back to work after 4 years and now feel RE-tired :D . Best of luck to you, Enjoy.

EH

Thanks EVERYONE for your Post, PM's and Emails.

My mentor in the GF category was KEYSTONE. His office and mine were on the same floor and we've basically been lunch pards for 10 years.

His retirement is forthcoming in a couple months or so.

Looks like WE just might find some time to head out to the range during some warm, summer days.......and get in alittle Practice. Now that will be fun.

God Bless each and everyone of you.

And may your travels be safe and your aim true!

I hope to see ya on the trails.

..........Widder

Dang!

It's Monday and I don't have any idea what to do for lunch. Widder will be at home with the bunkhouse boss,permanetly. Shucks, what's a fella supposed to do?

Hasya Luego,

Keystone

P.S. Hey Widder, what time did you get up today? Bet it was still early.

40: honestly, I figure it will take me a couple weeks to get used to it. I worked in a great office with some of the finest folks anywhere. BUT, I'm surely lookin forward to getting back into CAS when the weather allows me and sharing smiles with my Pards.

KEYSTONE: I still woke up about 5:30 and got up alittle before 6:00. Fixed me some waffles (in the toaster) and sit down here at the computer. Ifn ya get toooooo bored, call me. I MIGHT be at home..... hehehehe

..........Widder

• 2 weeks later...

A belated congratulation. Now you can keep with the honey does. It is amassing how much work interfered with doing what you want to do.

Have fun and it is OK to sleep to 8 or 9. Took me 6 months to find out.

Archived