SASS Wire Forum

So Where Were You Born?

Ruff

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a rural area that eventually became the victim of incorporation called Phoenix, AZ.

That explains why yore in Flagstaff. ;)

Rome, NY

Dad was stationed at Griffiss Airplane Patch, and mother was a telephone operator in Rome. I guess you could say she had his number!

Oakland, California. Alameda Naval Air Station. Grew up and educated, if you call it that, mostly in San Jose. Moved to Texas in '71.

Lazy Double D ranch outside of Maybell Co. Paw slaped my butt,

then went out to finish breaking horses.

Well, Michigan a course! Grand Haven. Moved in 78 to Indiana. Too young to say no. Glad I came. Met my bride (a Fort Wayne girl) and had two great kids. Near time to go back. Four more years of school for Emily then we be gone.

Ilwaco, Washington. Right at the mouth of the Columbia River.

Am I the only guy born in Chester, Illinois?

Only one that will admit to it...LOL

Marinette, Wisconsin...

Am I the only guy born in Chester, Illinois?

NAH!! Popeye was born there too. Course he was handsomer than you!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me ? I was born in Nashville, TN. Left and came back several times. Live far enough out of town so's the country music don't overwhelm my blues and rock state of mind!! <_<:o:lol::rolleyes:B)

Quincy, Florida, 12-2-1955. Quincy is about 20 miles west of Tallahassee in the FL panhandle. Were it not for family living near me right now (Marietta, GA), I would move back to the panhandle in a heartbeat.

Holyoke, Colorado

2 Nebraska's in a row. Omaha Nebraska for me.

We moved to Des Moines, Ia when I was two, been here ever since.

Did you know Jessie and Frank James?

Nope but I'm actually related to and named after one of the fellows who rode with him. If you go to northfield you can see where it all took place. Oh and stop by the Quality Bakery best apple fritters ever!

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

In Memphis , Tennessee in June of 1941. Dad went into to WW2 in Jan of 42 in the US Army Air Corps. I spent the next three years of my life at Shaw Field in Sumpter, South Carolina.

Hoss C.

Abilene, Texas. Lived in Austin and San Antonio in college, briefly in San Angelo. Landed here in Clyde (15 miles east) 17 years ago. In our professions guess we could live anywhere we choose, just haven't found anywhere we'd rather be (although Antigua is really tempting ;) )

JHC

Pueblo, Colorado. But I was conceived in Fort Lewis, Washington when Mom visited Dad while he was stationed there during WWII.

I think it qualifies me for dual citizenship.

Mobile, Alabama. Stayed for 3 days - just long enough to acquire a "southern bawl". ;-)

Navy Junior - Dad was a Naval Aviator, Mom was a co-worker of Rosie the Riveter. Grew up in 6 different states although I thought we lived in an unairconditioned car on the two lane highways back then...

Went to three different high schools. Wouldn't trade for those experiences looking back now.......

Olathe, Kansas - 1963

Grew up on a farm between Independence and Coffeyville.

My Grandmother on my mom's side lived in Olathe, taught school and tended school libraries there. Use to spend summers there as a kid and took swim lessons and such. My dad's folks were down the road in Overland Park.

Archived