SASS Wire Forum

So Where Were You Born?

Ruff

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pueblo, Colorado. But I was conceived in Fort Lewis, Washington when Mom visited Dad while he was stationed there during WWII.

I think it qualifies me for dual citizenship.

That fresh mountain water coming out of the Cascades will do that to a woman.

Army hospital San Francisco

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I have never lived more than 75 miles from there and see no reason to change that

A little country town ..Seymour in the state of Victoria [Australia ] 60 mile from Melbourne.

Parents both in the military [Army ] & stationed at the time at 'Puckapunyal

The windy city, Chicago, Illinois. By the way, how many of you Pardners & Pardettes know why they call Chicago the windy city?

Any of you ol' boys born in the San Francisco Bay Area remember the President Follies? Or admit it if you do?

Any of you ol' boys born in the San Francisco Bay Area remember the President Follies? Or admit it if you do?

Boon! I'm not that old, or that precocious. I was only 10 when it closed.

The windy city, Chicago, Illinois. By the way, how many of you Pardners & Pardettes know why they call Chicago the windy city?

Growing up as a down-stater, we were always told that it was because Chicago politicians were full of hot air.

At the risk of starting the War Between the North and South all over again, I would have to say the answer is:

Because it blows. ;):D;)

Dr. Swift's private hospital Maquoketa, IA. Bet you can't pronounce it right let alone spell it without looking at my post.

I can :lol:

place of birth? Just a few miles SW of Buffalo Bill Cody's place of birth

My wife was born in a place that was torn down seceral years ago.

I worked in the hospital where my son was born. That was several years and employers ago. A couple uears ago, he had a cousin born in the same hospital. We took him to see his cousin. Then, we swung by the room he was born in.

Ah, the memories

West Monroe, Louisiana

And I have always lived within 20 miles of the hospital I was born in.

Yes.....the West Monroe that is home to Duck Commander

Actually, my mother died six months before I was born and left me to raise my younger brother and sister all by myself. :(

We're waiting for an answer that Dutch asked….How is that possible???? :wacko::blink:

Growing up as a down-stater, we were always told that it was because Chicago politicians were full of hot air.

Exactly!!!

HOUSTON,tx til 81' then little town called Centerpoint up by Kerrville for 18 yrs, then had to moved back to Houston close to my mother.

will live and die in the great state of Texas

cobra

Pikeville, Kentucky, where my mother's side of the family lived since before the Hatfields & McCoys ever met each other.

My alias, Bad Jeemes Kelly, was my great, great, (great?) grandfather, who was also from Pike County and the closest thing to a gunfighting outlaw we are aware of in the family, even though he was eastern instead of western. He shot the sheriff...and the deputy...and maybe the other deputy...and some more people.

Howdy all,

We have people from all over. I have been following this thread on my Nook as the laptop is in the shop and can not post from it.

This thread has given me an idea for another that I will soon post.

Pikeville, Kentucky, where my mother's side of the family lived since before the Hatfields & McCoys ever met each other.

My alias, Bad Jeemes Kelly, was my great, great, (great?) grandfather, who was also from Pike County and the closest thing to a gunfighting outlaw we are aware of in the family, even though he was eastern instead of western. He shot the sheriff...and the deputy...and maybe the other deputy...and some more people.

BJK, I found a similar ancestor in my family. According to one of my uncles, one of our ancestors that nobody talked about in family was hanged from the tongue of a wagon in Kansas for shooting a man in the back and stealing his horse.

Archived