SASS Wire Forum

What is everybodies favorite shoot?

Dan The Man 80527

It is politically incorrect to pose this question....but there are opinions to be expoused.

I've been to every WR since 1994 (with the exceptiong of 2010 due to surgery - (and my wife hid my guns). I been to EoT in 1996 and again in 2006....hummm

While I certainly understand what you mean by it being politically incorrect to pose that question I do think that it is a legitimate question.

Most shooters don't have unlimited funds or time off from work. We want to know which shoots are worth our time and money.

Any shooter's answer to this question should in no way be viewed as a personal attack on anyone.

CL, the original post was edited removing the part that the second poster felt was politically incorrect.

My favorite shoot is the one I happen to be at any given day.

CL, the original post was edited removing the part that the second poster felt was politically incorrect.

Well in that case....

I agree with both Grizz and with Jack :)

Political incorrect?

Comin at Cha/US Open or US Open/Comin at Cha.

Hi Dan,

I haven't been very far or to many different matches. So, my choices are limited.

I think if I had to name one, it would be 5 Dogs Creek, the CA State Championship. I haven't been in about 6 years so, I don't know if they've changed. I will be back when I get a trailer.

I loved the US Open (Sparta, IL) and Battle of the Rogue River (Merlin, OR). Both of them had hotels close by. I forgot, Gunfight Behind the Jersey Lily was great fun too. I will have to give it another chance when I get a trailer.

Regards,

Allie Mo

PS I've been to EOT. However, we did not attend any evening festivities. So, I can't really rate it. I will give it another chance some day.

PPS I want to attend WR some day.

Well there pards:

Every shoot that I have been to are my favorites. The Cowboys and Cowgirls that are in attendance are the ones that make these fantastic, and of course the ones putting them on are also best of the best. So in answer to whats your favorite I would just have to answer back and say that they all are. Its very nice to attend a cowboy shooting event and see old and make new friends and exchange stories with lots of Potlucks on the side. Yeeeeh, Haaaaa............

Jackrabbit & Sly Puppy

Dan,

We had a ball with you and your sister at The Great Nor’ Easter, but my favorite shoot is the first Annual we ever attended and have been going back ever since. We’ve been going to the High Sierra Shootout in Railroad Flats, CA for about twenty years. We have lots of friends that have been going around that long also. When you camp hop there you know people in every camp!! It’s like going home! If you and your family ever make it out west be sure to put that on your schedule.

Your Friend,

Jasper

Well I have only been to 2 Arroyo Cantua outside of Ione, Ca and the High Sierra Shootout and had a good time at both...did not shoot for squat at ether one...my first ...Arroyo Cantua Jasper & Dutch Dalton and the rest of the Nevada boys took me in and tried to teach me the ropes...the verdict is still out if any of the teaching stuck....and as for the High Sierra Shootout can one think of a pretty-er place to shoot...its like a stroll in the woods with targets...it just don't get any better than that of course we could have done with a little less rain :)

I am looking forward to Peaceful's End of Track (October 20, 2011) ...I hope to see you there.

PS... I Have a good photo of you & the Bodie Kid at the ore cart

Your Friend...Buckhorn Woodie

From my perspective as a GF, I have really enjoyed GOA and this year, due to its reputation, I went to the NC State in Salisbury, NC and was not disappointed.

Both of these matches allowed GFer's to shoot without throwing in any obstacles that could trip us up.

Both great matches and both are on my TO DO list in the future.

Shaddai Vaquero hosted the 1st Annual match at his club this past May and it promises to be a humdinger. I plan to go there again next year also.

Of course, another favorite match is my local clubs annual called the Smoky Mtn Shootout. Fast Harley sets the stages and that pretty much establishes it as a 'shooters match'.

..........Widder

Michigan State match. Of course I judge a match on the shooting not the festivities after the match.

Thats' cool! I am participating this year and am looking forward to it greatly :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

One of my favorites is the regular motnthly SASS match at Gypsum, CO.

They put on one hell of a fun match.

Lots of "ACTION" targets. That's what I really like!

Mustang Gregg

1. Comin At'Cha

2. U.S. Open

3. HellFire

Hard to beat Comin At'Cha.

BUT. I have not been to every match out there.

Lots on my wish list.

Like.

Winter Range.

Jersey Lilly in CA.

Last Stand in FL. Just to name a few off the top of my head.

But they would be hard pressed to beat CAC or the Open. But that don't mean they would not

be great matchs also. Don't know. But sure hope I get to find out some time.

Been to EOT. Not on my favorites list.

Well, there's this little ol' shoot near Paris, in Englez or England or something like that, with a name like a cat trying to cough up a hairball. I'll try to spell it correctly...CAC!

I hope I can make it across the road.

Possum

I greatly enjoyed the Southeast Regional when it was in the Atlanta area. Now, it's the GA State match. Due to family medical situations, it is the only big match I can attend.

1) Comin'at'Cha

2) Smoke Out in the Hills/Possum Trot

3) U.S. Open

While it was the first shoot ever at his new range, the first annual Black Gold Shootout at Copperhead Joe's in Kentucky was a REAL HOOT! Time will tell on this one!

Smokeout In The Hills!! :wub: The Tennessee/Kentucky or Kentucky/Tennessee Black Powder Shootout!!

Best little match in the country and we'll let you shoot smokeless if ya' just gotta'! :rolleyes:

The best food, pie eatin' contest, chili cookoff, liar's contest, and best beverage contest... :lol:

Then there's Ringer's Humdinger and the rest of the side matches and a nonstop, knockdown, drag out party all weekend as well as a great ten stage match, and all for a single entry fee !!!!! :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

+1 more for this answer...

..its the folks and the gettin' to go...

...I kin shoot in my backyard...

Archived