Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

So this happened


Recommended Posts

So this happened:
I had to go in to the VFW post for a few minutes. I poured coffee into my insulated cup. Got in the car and headed to town. A few miles down the road I realized I had left the cup in the house. Too late to turn around. Well it will be there whenI get back.
Went to town then remembered I needed to go to the store and bank.

 

Got home and couldn’t remember where I left my cup.  EXHIBIT A.
A search proved fruitless. Kitchen counters, both computer desks, both bathrooms, coffee table, bar. Nothing! Refrigerator, cupboards, washing machine top, DVD shelf. Nothing.
So I searched a second time. No luck.


Decided to make another cup but it needed to be insulated because I was going to sit on the porch. The only insulated cup I had was too tall for the coffee maker. EXHIBIT C
So I used my shorter Route 66 cup EXHIBIT B, in the coffee maker. 

Made a cup full. Went to get my hat and found the original cup where I had set it in the other room while getting my note pad (Yeah the room I had searched. Twice) :wacko:


But the coffee had cooled and I couldn’t put this metal cup in the microwave.

 

So I poured the fresh cup into EXHIBIT C, poured the original cup into EXHIBIT B, nuked it, poured it back into EXHIBIT A, and now had 2 insulated cups full of brown elixir. So I am now drinking my morning coffee on the porch out of the wind. At 2 pm!!

This is why, even though I am retired with time on my hands, I rarely get anything done. :(
 

At least I have no neighbors andcan pee in the yard without having to go back in the house. 
As long as the wind doesn’t shift.
Such is the complex and adventurous life I lead!

C584790F-0E84-42F7-A58F-7FF81BF1CFF1.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:rolleyes: :unsure::unsure: :lol: :lol: B)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, there you have it! Yesterday at a Mothers' Day event, I ran into a friendly acquaintance.  He said Hi and we shook hands.  I could not for the life of me recall where I knew him from.  He was in a place where I would never expected to see him, and dressed in full Western attire, which somehow didn't match my recollection of former contacts.  Later in the afternoon I remembered - a retired Border Patrolman and member of the Gun Club.  Even though I hadn't seen him since the start of the Plague, I should have remembered.  Time marches on! :unsure:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you had your coffee BEFORE the problem you'da figured it out faster

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

 If retirement is this complicated I don't know if I'll be able to handle it ......   :blink:

 

It’s a challenge. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

At least I have no neighbors andcan pee in the yard without having to go back in the house. 
As long as the wind doesn’t shift.

 

Just turn in the proper direction!:rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your not alone Utah. After my cataract surgery I needed 1X reading glasses when reading of course. So I bought 2 pair at WalMart. One pair was were I kept my keys and the other one set in Sun Room were I do my reading. Within 2 days I couldn't find either one. So back to WalMart were I bought 8 pairs, one for each room. Less then a month later all I could find was 2 pairs.  

Then one day cleaning out my tool box, I found 3 in my drawers, 1 pair was behind my re-loader and 2 pairs for some reason found themselves  on my work bench behind some manuals. 

Today as I was picking up my book to read, I see 2 pair of  glasses. Now to figure out what room is missing glasses.

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah, Bob, it was saba-too-gee.:ph34r:

 

Vladimir saw you was flyin' the Ukrainian flag and decided to unleash his secret weapon..,11.jpg

 

The Gremlins From the Kremlin!

 

 

They done snuck onto the Lazy Bob and started discombobulating Bob by hiding essentials like coffee.:D

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I kind of thought UB was going to say he found his cup of coffee still sitting on the roof of his car. :lol:

One thing I have never ever done is put Anything on the roof of the car. That is folly, sir. Pure folly! :D

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ran into a dear friend on Saturday night.  I didn't recognize him outside his cowboy attire, and he'd pretty well trimmed his beard.  Once he said something I knew who it was.  I can't blame my poor memory on getting older.  I blame it on the brain injury I had about 10 years ago.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

This is why, even though I am retired with time on my hands, I rarely get anything done. :(

Well of course you can't get anything done! My Dad warned me before I retired, if there was anything important I wanted to do I better finish it while I'm still working or there will never be time for it. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Your not alone Utah. After my cataract surgery I needed 1X reading glasses when reading of course. So I bought 2 pair at WalMart. One pair was were I kept my keys and the other one set in Sun Room were I do my reading. Within 2 days I couldn't find either one. So back to WalMart were I bought 8 pairs, one for each room. Less then a month later all I could find was 2 pairs.  

Then one day cleaning out my tool box, I found 3 in my drawers, 1 pair was behind my re-loader and 2 pairs for some reason found themselves  on my work bench behind some manuals. 

Today as I was picking up my book to read, I see 2 pair of  glasses. Now to figure out what room is missing glasses.

I have 2 pairs of reading glasses in every room, in the barn, in the steel conex, in the wood shop in the truck and a fold up pair in my pocket and I still have to search every time I want a pair, I am pretty sure I have seen tiny nome foot prints around the house but I can’t FIND my glasses to tell for sure !

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I call this "Monday"   and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday..... ok, so it's pretty much everyday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

One thing I have never ever done is put Anything on the roof of the car. That is folly, sir. Pure folly! :D

 

Just as an aside, After I retired as an MP, I spent 10 yrs as a civilian LEO running radar for two municipalities.  I was running radar in a school zone when a car went by with a pair of shoes on the roof.  On another occasion, a woman went by with a purse on the roof of her car.  They were both grateful that I pulled them over for that rather than for a speeding ticket.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

 

Just as an aside, After I retired as an MP, I spent 10 yrs as a civilian LEO running radar for two municipalities.  I was running radar in a school zone when a car went by with a pair of shoes on the roof.  On another occasion, a woman went by with a purse on the roof of her car.  They were both grateful that I pulled them over for that rather than for a speeding ticket.

A friend put his brand new big big bucks Motorola handheld on the top of his patrol car and drove off. It didn’t stay there long. :wacko:

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A friend put his brand new big big bucks Motorola handheld on the top of his patrol car and drove off. It didn’t stay there long. :wacko:

They used to be about the size of a brick, nearly as heavy and came in a stout leather case with a nylon shoulder strap.  Two of the downtown foot patrolman got onto a fight with some drunks.  One used it as an improvised mace and dropped the perp.  Radio still worked - we were told they could dam' near be shot from a cannon and still function.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may not have made it home from Kansas if  GARMIN hadn't told me where to go.

                                                                                                                                               Largo

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

One thing I have never ever done is put Anything on the roof of the car. That is folly, sir. Pure folly! :D

 

My dad had been out duck hunting by himself. This probably 40 years ago. He got a few birds, put them in the car along with the deeks, and headed down the highway. At some point, he had to press the brakes firmly, whereupon he watched his Beretta o/u (maybe 2 grand back then) slide down the windshield, across the hood, and onto the roadway.

 

It was banged up, but repairable, so he got it fixed.

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

One thing I have never ever done is put Anything on the roof of the car. That is folly, sir. Pure folly! :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I drove 35 miles over rough Missouri backroads with a full insulated cup of coffee on the back bumper of my pickup. Walked around the truck, said "There it is". Strangely it was not too cool to drink.

 

I went to North Mo for a deer bowhunt.  Second day took a small buck. LOaded him in this same pickup and drove 15 miles back to camp. and as I applied the brakes in camp my $900 Bear Custom Kodiak bow slid slowly down my windshield.

Edited by Noz
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

 

My dad had been out duck hunting by himself. This probably 40 years ago. He got a few birds, put them in the car along with the deeks, and headed down the highway. At some point, he had to press the brakes firmly, whereupon he watched his Beretta o/u (maybe 2 grand back then) slide down the windshield, across the hood, and onto the roadway.

 

It was banged up, but repairable, so he got it fixed.

Responding back in the 80s to a call of someone shooting in the woods, I spotted a soft pistol case in the middle of a sand road between tire tracks. Inside was a 6” nickel plated Colt Python. Not stolen and never subsequently claimed by anyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found a Browning 9mm in the road early one Sunday morning in the mid 70's. Turned it in and was later informed by the PD that the owner had just purchased it, taken to the orange groves near my house, fired it, panicked, placed it on his car roof as he hurriedly tried to leave and forgot it was on his roof!:unsure:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A friend put his brand new big big bucks Motorola handheld on the top of his patrol car and drove off. It didn’t stay there long. :wacko:

 

 I once got a call on my cell phone from an acquaintance, who wasn't the guy who owned the phone. I knew this guy too.

It turned out that this guy found the phone, looked up the stored numbers and recognised my name, so he used the phone and called me to see if I recognised who the phone belonged to. It all ended with a happy result for all but the phone company who didn't get to sell a new phone. :)

 

 Yes, it had been left on the roof of his vehicle ......   :ph34r:

 

 

 

Edited by Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062
left out an important bit ....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

They used to be about the size of a brick, nearly as heavy and came in a stout leather case with a nylon shoulder strap.  Two of the downtown foot patrolman got onto a fight with some drunks.  One used it as an improvised mace and dropped the perp.  Radio still worked - we were told they could dam' near be shot from a cannon and still function.

Yeah I remember those. And my first cell phone in a bag. :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I found a Browning 9mm in the road early one Sunday morning in the mid 70's. Turned it in and was later informed by the PD that the owner had just purchased it, taken to the orange groves near my house, fired it, panicked, placed it on his car roof as he hurriedly tried to leave and forgot it was on his roof!:unsure:

I suspect that was basically what happened to the Python. I guess the guy thought he was going to get in trouble if he claimed it. idiot. He only would have had a fine of about 100 bucks.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah I remember those. And my first cell phone in a bag. :lol:

I bought a Motorola flip brick when they first came out - enormously useful.  I think they were good  at being just a phone. I don't have one due both to preference and coverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I left my old Motorola flip phone on my boat trailer fender, drove away from the boat ramp and ran over the phone with my 4500 pound boat and trailer. Well, 2250 pounds of eyesight on one side. Anyway, the phone blew apart but could be reassembled to work. Lady called me snd let me know she found my phone. I took it to Verizon. They put a new car on it snd it worked just fine for 3 more years. I loved that phone. 
 

Saw a guy on the freeway with a satchel on his roof wedged against his luggage rack. I was on my bike so I caught up to him and tried to motion that he had something on his roof. I guess he thought I was a nut job and took off like a rocket. I wasn’t about to get a ticket chasing him down the freeway. 
The next day in my way home I am pretty sure that guys satchel was lying up against the K rail barrier in a very busy section of the freeway. It was there for a few days. 
I kept wondering if that bag would have stayed on his roof had I just left well enough alone…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have done that and blamed it on not having my glasses till i realized they were on top of my hat , then i forgot why i needed my glasses , good thing is in reytirement you only answer to yourself for wasting all that time , 

 

then again you always have plenty of things to do remembering where you laid something down or what you were looking for , i never knew retirement could be so time consuming 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.