SASS Wire Forum

Some Things Just Don’t Belong Turned Tacticool

Not Dead Ed

Just saw this pop in to my NRA magazine’s feed.  A Tactical Cowboy Gun from Heritage.   Just my opinion here, but dropping a big black chunk of Picatinny rail on a frame, making it all black with a carbon fiber looking grip panel, doesn’t make it tactical-cool,  just sorta silly….  
Now a rail on the top for an optic on a BFR, Redhawk, or Super Blackhawk, now you’re set for hunting.  
https://heritagemfg.com/small-bore/6-shot-rough-rider/142-6-5-rough-rider-22-lr-black-tactical-cowboy 

902B1B05-1887-44AB-ABE7-6EBBB4A90C6D.png

25 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Tactical clothing or patches are worse - I think of them as "shoot me first" outfits.

You mean the guy wearing Grunt style that never served because "He wont take crap from a Drill Instructor "   ? 17 years here  Not one thing on my car or home inside or out  that says I served( Except for the 3 locations specific tuff boxes loaded with basics ) and the IOTV that still has ESAPI plate and a unit patch .

AsymmetricWarfareGroupSSI.jpg

It may look out of place, but it'll make it possible to add a red dot for those having failing eyesight or young kids.

It's not for most people, but it might have some practical applications, not just to be "tacticool".

18 minutes ago, Beartrap SASS#57175 said:

It may look out of place, but it'll make it possible to add a red dot for those having failing eyesight or young kids.

It's not for most people, but it might have some practical applications, not just to be "tacticool".

But on a 22.   Well, a red dot on a critter or snake gun, that’d just take the cake!  
I’m sure they’ll sell.  

47 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

If you want to see an extreme example of "out of place" (in my opinion) tacticool , check out the Schofield over on AR15.com , in the discussion forum ; revolvers.

Rex :D

Egads!   If you want a gun with lights and red dots, then get a semi auto, don’t do that to a Schofield!  (Shudders). 
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/An-Abomination-Let-s-desecrate-a-Schofield/33-203192/

One thing’s for certain, even with a red dot on it, I’d still prob’ly miss the danged plates!  :D

20 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Egads!   If you want a gun with lights and red dots, then get a semi auto, don’t do that to a Schofield!  (Shudders). 
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/An-Abomination-Let-s-desecrate-a-Schofield/33-203192/

From the last page:

image.thumb.png.fba51758ae20fc6baab9473dcc9b4e23.png

:wacko:

3 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

From the last page:

LOL!   Now that’s just plain silly!   Some gun grabber’ll be wettin’ his panties right now with that scardy black gun parts.  

29 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You do know that this isn't a real combination. Someone just put a handguard over the barrel for a "funny" photo.

I’m sure it’s on the ATF list now though….   :wacko:

41 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

From the last page:

Looks like something from Serious Same, The First Encounter.

4 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Another Old West Style Zombie Killer!

Goes perfectly with one of these...

Mossberg_Supressor-1.jpg

Again...  No bayonet lug.   Not interested.    Looks like it's angle eject too.

Can't have a bayonet lug, that would make it illegal in at least a dozen states...:rolleyes:

I believe it is based on a '92 so it would be a straight up eject.  All that revolver needs is a tactical light...

167769441_RevolverTacticalLight.thumb.jpg.a8181c5e472250f0ef5fb50f6716d5e2.jpg

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You do know that this isn't a real combination. Someone just put a handguard over the barrel for a "funny" photo.

Not quite straight either.

26 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i get the tacticool stuff is fun but i agree with the OP , some things are just sexier as they were intended to be 

You mean...there subjectivity to this issue?

Imagine that...

God..I love S.M.

:lol:

I remember having a customer who wanted to have an AR type pistol grip stock put on his 94 Winchester. I’m certain I looked at him like he’d lost his mind, and a comment to that effect probably came out as well. 

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You mean...there subjectivity to this issue?

Imagine that...

God..I love S.M.

:lol:

no - i mean there is the human element subjectively influencing it , there will always be those that think its cool to add chit for nothing but the "look" of it , there will always be those of us that look at it and see no reason so no need , 

im more inclined to the less is more rule , if its not needed dont put it on , mine of all generations dont have flashlights - save that one scattergun you do not want to see the light f4rom , 

i think ..............there are a lot of good innovations coming from the thinking that evolves from the "add on" community even tho they are rare and need a lot of improvement its forward thinking and stupid thinkering that develops the next necessary development , 

my thought is just keep your hands off the traditional antiques that work - i dont even like the adjustable sights on a single six - or anything else in a single actio0n , but thats my oppinio0n for the 2 cents it might have been worth under trump - lo0rd knows what the value is today , 

edited for typos 

Hmmm…You know who else loves to tell people what they can do with their own personal property and their money? Certain kinds of government types and nefarious un-American types that love those government types. 

Just thought I would throw that out there…

:P

14 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

From the last page:

Looks like something a brown coat would carry on Alliance Day.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Hmmm…You know who else loves to tell people what they can do with their own personal property and their money? Certain kinds of government types and nefarious un-American types that love those government types. 

Just thought I would throw that out there…

:P

True,  to each there own….  I’d rather see guns get sold rather than banned.   There’s obviously a market for it, just like there is a market for HiPoints….  I have a friend who has a strange hobby of collecting Yeet Cannons in each caliber  made just for the sheer perverse ugliness of the guns….  

2 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Looks like something a brown coat would carry on Alliance Day.

Like Mal’s? 

07DD4A3A-C173-4925-9CA2-5BD6799E1CAC.jpeg

Archived