SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

SKB gunsmith

If you had a SKB 100 shotgun in the original configuration and wanted it set up for cowboy action what gunsmith would you use and why?

thanks in advance 

Edited by Marshal Fire, SASS 10064

Johnny Meadows. He’s done four of them for me over the years. All ran flawlessly until I caused them not to. He then got them back up and running in the blink of an eye. 

All that that being said, he might have just retired. :(

Fast Eddie, cause he’s the best SKB gunsmith our there. I’m happy to say we have 3 Fast Eddie SKB’s.

• Like 3

I have had 2 skb's done by big name gunsmiths, didn't even come close to Fast Eddie's work just sayin

JBSledge

36 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Johnny Meadows. He’s done four of them for me over the years. All ran flawlessly until I caused them not to. He then got them back up and running in the blink of an eye. 

All that that being said, he might have just retired. :(

I believe Johnny plans to be back up taking in work sometime after the first of the year. He is the process of moving his shop now.

I've been shooting a Fast Eddie SKB for about 4 years now.   Fast Eddie is the man when it comes to the SKB.

• Like 1

Wife & I each have 2 SKB's = 4 by Fast Eddie. The backups never get any air time because the main match 200's never break. I'm sure there are others who do quality work, but I wouldn't have any reason to use anybody else.

• Like 1

If you need to hear more about Fast Eddie’s credentials, Matt Black uses a Fast Eddie shotgun. 

Dutch

I am currently shooting two Fast Eddie SKBs. Both flawless.  He calls himself an SKB mechanic, I think he's an SKB magician. 

I had and sold a Johnny Meadows SKB. It was fabulous, too and I liked the hold open feature. But he is moving, told me he might start up in a very limited capacity after his move. Not sure when that might happen. 

Given JM is getting out of the business, I'd go back to Fast Eddie for another. Actually have another virgin 100 in the safe...

Jimmy Spurs of Cowboy Gunworks.

Fast Eddie.  My first SKB was worked on by two different gun smiths before I took it to Fast Eddie. My second went straight to Eddie.  

Please supply contact information for  Fast Eddie  Thanks  Driftwood Dan

I have a few Fast Eddie SKBs at my house.  I've never had to press my back up gun into service.  I've shot my main match SKB almost every Saturday at a match for the last 4 or 5 years and it still functions flawlessly.

Driftwood Dan, I sent you a PM with Fast Eddie's contact information.

Kajun

• Like 1

Krazy Kajun,  Thanks for the information Driftwood Dan

• Thanks 1

If you had a SKB 100 shotgun in the original configuration and wanted it set up for cowboy action what gunsmith would you use and why?

Unless your believe you'll drop 20 seconds off your times and win belt buckles .... leave the SKB original

Hi Marshall Fire,

Shotgun Boogie also does a great job on setting up an SKB for Cowboy Action shooting.  Typically he will shorten the barrel to your desired length, add a bead, hone/funnel the chambers, install mechanical triggers, and adjust the lever (including a quick and smooth release).  

It is worth having an a SKB expert work on your shotgun. Doesn’t matter if you are fast or slow shooter.  A shotgun that has been worked on by the experts mentioned in these posts will be a pleasure to use and will help to reduce your stage times by making it easier to open, load, and shuck. As a result, transitions can also be smoother/faster. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Best Regards,

Photo Shooter

• Like 1

I'm in the Fast Eddie crowd. 2- 200's & 1-100.

• Like 1

Got sloop in my used 100. Fast Eddy did his magic and no sloop with mechanicall trigger. If I can remember to aim it is the best.

Howdy, Folks how I can reach reach Fast Eddy.

Thanks in advance.

Henry, FL

Edited by czhen

I would be interested in Fast Eddies info also please

Czhen and Flinthills Dawg, I sent both of you a PM with Fast Eddie's contact info.

Kajun

We have 5 Fast Eddie SKB’s, myself , my son and my daughter have all won National and World Championships using them. Hands down the best Smith and not to mention a great friend.

Slick

• Like 1