SASS Wire Forum

What I found under the tree

Catlow4697

I got a gear indicator and a power port for my Kawasaki. A rack for my beach cruiser. A really cool replica timepiece from the RMS Titanic and some other very cool gifts. 

The best thing was having my family all together. :D

Evidently, Mrs. Doc decided I didn't have enough methods of making coffee, and that my use of French Presses (yes plural) wasn't hipster enough, so she got me a Ninja Coffee Bar System. I guess I need to start growing a hipster beard and wearing a beanie or something. I draw the line at skinny jeans, though.

I also got a 1:72 Scale UH-60A Blackhawk model, an astronomy book and a few more cool things.

2656669.jpeg

More than just the lump of coal.  ^_^

I'm very pleased with a beautiful new book.

"NAPOLEON at LEIPZIG – THE BATTLE OF THE NATIONS 1813"

-- by George Nafziger.

Merry Christmas!!

5 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

625 Jerry miculik 45acp revolver my 13 yr old son helped my wife pick out.  A foot messager and dr comfort socks . Mainly my now 15 yr old daughter who in the spring was life flighted to a hospital is better 

Family is everything 

Merry Christmas 

I cast bullets this morning with a new Lee 6 cavity mold 401-175TC I'm going to try in my 38WCF. 1396928783_Lee401-170TCDec2018.jpg.c59d2f17903248ee3ef7c87ea89612d8.jpg

It worked perfectly from first drop to last. Just open the mold and the bullets just fall out.

Then I got out a Cimmeron 1878 that I had for over a year and shot a video unboxing it.

Best Christmas,  gift wise, in many years.  We asked the kids not to get us anything for Christmas and they didn't!   

4 hours ago, DocWard said:

Evidently, Mrs. Doc decided I didn't have enough methods of making coffee, and that my use of French Presses (yes plural) wasn't hipster enough, so she got me a Ninja Coffee Bar System. I guess I need to start growing a hipster beard and wearing a beanie or something. I draw the line at skinny jeans, though.

I also got a 1:72 Scale UH-60A Blackhawk model, an astronomy book and a few more cool things.

2656669.jpeg

So should we expect you to get a man bun:o:D

16 minutes ago, Country Wildman said:

So should we expect you to get a man bun:o:D

My thoughts on the man bun are well known.

Mifune.jpg

I got a fire extinguisher, a first aide kit, a parts washer with a 40 gal. tub, two new ratchet and socket sets, a couple of fitted ball caps, (one in black leather) a whole big mess of candy and pies and the like, and my grandson, Bopper, for a few days!!!

Merry Christmas, Y'all!

Santa brought me a nice Colt Signature Series Whitneyville-Hartford Dragoon.  He even brought my Old Lady a Colt Second Generation 1862 Pocket Police.

Santa knows his business. . .

Keep your powder dry,

Wild Ben

My three greatgrandsons.  In order of diminishing size; Wyatt, James and Owen.  Owen made his appearance on Christmas eve.  9 pounds of him.  Pretty good Christmas present48975175_10213685887563817_4337942412346261504_n.thumb.jpg.cd9e67e5b63c5bcfd83de5a4d059d431.jpg

For the first time in my life I didn't receive any gifts for Christmas. Money's tight throughout the family so we all agreed not to do a gift exchange this year. Instead we simply had a big dinner over at my brother's house. However I did continue my personal tradition of a new gun in December for the third year in a row, and I bought a SIG P365 for myself.

On 12/25/2018 at 7:40 PM, Country Wildman said:

I bet you earned each one:D

There's actually a story about that lump of coal. I had a great-uncle who operated some mining claims above the tiny community of Rimini, MT for most of his life. He died in the fall of 1933, and the claims have been passed down and are still in the family. On the "upper claim", at nearly 8000', he had a rough stone forge powered by a big wood and leather hand pumped bellows about 3' in diameter - we actually carried the remains of the bellows a couple miles down through the trees and off that mountain about 40 years ago. The area has since been mined by a couple outfits we leased the claims to and the remains of his old cabin and forge area scattered. Last year, I was searching in the immediate vicinity of his old cabin and found several iron relics - broken anvil, hammer head, axe head, iron wheelbarrow wheel, bolts, etc., as well as an area of scattered coal. He never had a horse or mule, so most of his supplies - dynamite, groceries, etc., were carted from Rimini to his claim in a big wooden wheelbarrow, a distance of some 6 1/2 miles. Although it's likely the coal could have come from a large neighboring mining camp, it still would have been carted via several uphill wheelbarrow trips to his forge a mile or more away.

My great uncle is seated on the right, my grandmother is holding my aunt, my dad is the small boy, and none of us know for certain who the man on the left is. This was taken the day he left the mine for the last time - he died of cancer a couple weeks later.

My cousin acquired this particular claim in a three way land swap/buy out a few years ago amongst us three cousins, and built a beautiful little cabin within a few dozen yards of where the old cabin was - ceramic tile floors, hardwood cabinets, small water cistern, wood stove, bathroom, loft, gas water heater & range, solar power, etc., and a view to kill for. It wasn't quite finished at this point - a rail has been added to the deck. The old forge sat on the raised ground to the left of the new cabin.

JohnCarlsonRiminiCabin.jpg

MineShack.jpg

My daughter got me a 1st edition Winning The West vol #1 by Theodore Roosevelt. It's inscribed Merry Christmas from Burt & Clara 1902. In great condition found two pages with pressed dried flowers still in it. She found it at an antique mall for cheap.

13 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

My daughter got me a 1st edition Winning The West vol #1 by Theodore Roosevelt. It's inscribed Merry Christmas from Burt & Clara 1902. In great condition found two pages with pressed dried flowers still in it. She found it at an antique mall for cheap.

Stuff like that is GREAT . . . . :)

Archived