SASS Wire Forum

It's official!

Congratulations!! (It was against the law for me to do S.S. but I have a very good pension):D

17 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I just called the bank and my first social security check was deposited today, so I'm officially RETIRED! :)

Wait 'til you see how much it is. You'll be back at work in another week. :unsure:

Seriously Pard, enjoy your retirement. I'm sure you earned it. B)

I've been retired now for quite awhile and truth be told I'm enjoying every minute of it. Only problem is when I get up in the morning I've got nothing to do and when I go to bed it's only half done.

Himself

9 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Wait 'til you see how much it is. You'll be back at work in another week. :unsure:

I've also got a pension coming in from an industrial job I retired from here, a smaller pension from a state job I retired from last year, and a royalty check from a mineral right lease in North Dakota (OIL!). ;)

37 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I just called the bank and my first social security check was deposited today, so I'm officially RETIRED! :)

congratulations!!

min. 1 chore or activity per day -- :)

some of these things are easy to classify as activities; others -- are chores,....

listen to the ball game

go to the range

fix the plumbing

weed the flower bed

put out lime/fertilizer on the lawn

painting

trail hike

I retired after selling my part in a business.

After 12 months my wife told me either I go back to work or she is going to have to adjust to life as a widow:blink:

Congrats J BAR and I hope your wife avoids widowhood for many years to come:D

39 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Or maybe you just might be adjusting as a widower. Hey, I'm all for parity, equal rights and opportunities between the sexes. It goes both ways....   :D

As my wife says "You may be bigger and stronger but you have to sleep some time!"

She also mentioned some women Maria?, Marina? - Bobby?, Bobit?- something like that and a blunt knife:blink:

9 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Congrats, J Bar!!

Don't worry  about finding things to do.Before  long you'll be wondering  how you ever had time to work for a living!!

I haven't worked for almost a year, and I'm finding that out!

J Bar, my advice is work real hard at this retirement job.  Be sure to please the bosses you don't have.  Be sure to satisfy the customers you don't have.  Be sure to keep all the workplace policies and directives you don't have.  Be very mindful, you don't want to get fired from retirement.  Got it???

6 hours ago, The O'Meara Himself said:

I've been retired now for quite awhile and truth be told I'm enjoying every minute of it. Only problem is when I get up in the morning I've got nothing to do and when I go to bed it's only half done.

Himself

I've been retired for15 years. My big complaint is that I don't get any coffee breaks.:D

And don't get me started about the lack of sick leave benefits or annual holidays:ph34r:

Just now, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I put a new sear spring in my Springfield 1911 this afternoon... <yawn>, that's about enough work for one day. :lol:

Really?  Well hupf!!  I reloaded 200 rounds of .45 Colt.  Just about wore me out! ^_^

8 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

And don't get me started about the lack of sick leave benefits or annual holidays:ph34r:

Wwhhaaatttt?

No Holidays?

Forget it then, I'm not retiring next year.

Aahhh, retirement...

'Tis a most wonderful institution and I highly recommends it!  :)

And I almost cannot believe how busy it is!!  :o

On 4/18/2018 at 5:18 PM, The O'Meara Himself said:

Oh yeah' I'm also in the owl bidness,  as we say in Texas. Last year I raked in $35.00. 

Himself

I got 7.50 from the gas well down the road last year!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

I put a new sear spring in my Springfield 1911 this afternoon... <yawn>, that's about enough work for one day. :lol:

I fear you are working too hard, Mr. Binks.  Take tomorrow off. :D

YUP...CONGRATS J BAR. I retired almost 10 years ago when I hit the 62 mark. I was working part time after putting in 30+ years in a full time job. I was going to make more on SS than I was in the PT job.

I found out I had more free time when I was working than after I retired. For the 1st 4 or 5 years the "honey do list" kicked in. I was about to go back to work to get days off again. :unsure::(

Archived