SASS Wire Forum

Utah Bob sent me a present, I wish he hadn't

Grizzly Dave

With friends like him.....

:FlagAm::FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm::FlagAm:

He sent a snowblower?

I think you do need it!

Merry Christmas.

Send just a little bit my way. looks like we are going to have a green Christmas

Okay, as long as he sends it only to the Bettendorf side of the river!

CS

I am from Buffalo, NY and we were outside in shirt sleeves yesterday. No snow yet this winter in Buffalo! :P

Shot the Miakka Misfits (east of Bradenton FL) annual Christmas match last Sunday.

First berm had an artificial snow machine that created a dense cloud of apparent snow.

Funny thing, the snow did not melt in the 85 degree weather.

How about that!!!

Amarillo Rattler

Long range weather forecast for Southwest Missouri indicates one day when the temperature will drop below 40 degrees for a daily high between now and 1 January.

I was thinking he sent the car.

He is a generous feller.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Car is a 98 Civic that has seen better days...

Sunny ones, I hope!

Howdy,

We had an early start to winter...then warmer and all the snow is gone

and warm rain took its place.

We have had several brutal winters. Last Feb 1 we got gentle snow that

seemed like it would never stop.

So maybe we are due for an easy one, maybe?

BEst

CR

I am from Buffalo, NY and we were outside in shirt sleeves yesterday. No snow yet this winter in Buffalo! :P

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I remember Grand Island at -20deg.F, walking to school (1 mile+) pulling my sled. No school closures. We were fooled that morning; it was one of those clear and cloudless, dry and bright, but absolutely fridgid, days. It was so clear, every thing looked closer. It was hard to breath the air. The school turned up the heat and the Constable went looking for and brought in stragglers. Some parents brought in their kids and picked up others along the way. Not many stayed home. Teachers walked around serving hot chocolate, checking faces, feet and hands. All wet clothes came off (only a few of those) and CD blankets were passed out as needed. That year, the Niagara River and the Falls (a few miles downstream) froze. Back yards were large, with no fences. They all adjoined and every year, all were deeply flooded early on, creating a huge, common ice rink, where everyone skated and played hockey. I haven't thought about any of that in a very long time. The Island was always colder than Buffalo or Niagra Falls.

Utah Bob can send all the snow he wants my way. The stuff melts and fills our reservoirs and recharges our aquifers. In the desert we like water.

Archived